Arc 1 (Conception): (12) Awakening
461 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(12) Awakening

Today is the day that will change many things, maybe for good or bad. But change is inevitable. Today is my 18 birthday. I have shut myself in the room and waiting for the gods to show their mercy on me. It is said that you will feel extreme pain sometimes or the soothing feeling or feel like some insects are crawling under your skin or feel like your head is splitting. But there are cases of some people not even feeling any change.

I did not know what I would feel. Zuya had a head-splitting pain like someone was opening her head. 

----

outside Kola's Room,

Suddenly the sounds of painful cry started to cam out of Kola's Room. Rena and Pata tried to open the door, but it was closed. Seeing that things were not looking right. Pata hurried out to call Tuner, Manoj, and Haku for help. But could not find Haku, so only brought Tuner and Manoj for help.

Reaching home, what he shows was still crying Rena, while looking at Kola's room door.

"Rena, did Kola came out?" (Pata)

"Pata... No, soon after you left on, no sounds are coming." (Rena)

"We can no longer wait and let me break the door. " (Tuner)

Tuner raised his hand, suddenly a spark of electricity appeared around his arms, and his arms started to bulse with muscles. He reached the door and moved down to get the door from the bottom and unhinged the whole door. After throwing it to the side, he entered the door first.

"How is Kola? Is everything okay?"(Rena)

Tuner shows that Kola was lying on the floor unconscious with blood all over his body. 

"Pata, Go to the village, look for Haku. It looks like Kola's awakening is very heavy for his body." (Tuner)

Manoj, Rena, also entered the room.

"Ahhhh... My son, what happened to my child?"

Rena started to cry while holding the head of Kola.

"Kola is fine. it is just that his skill might not have been easy on his body."

Manoj reached out to take the pulse of Kola, "Tuner is right. He is just unconscious due to pain and blood loss."

After repeated assurance by these two people eased the worry in Rena's heart. In this world, having more children is a dream of each couple, but she cannot conceive other children since Kola's birth. This inability has made her very sensitive to anything related to the Kola. Seeing her only child in blood two times in one year has made her very fearful of the future. 

----

This time Pata came with Haku. Haku cast the healing skill on the Kola two times, healing all the skin injury due to his fall from the bed.

Haku, Tuner, and Manoj left the after telling Pata to call them if needed, and Tuner asked him to inform him of the skill when he wakes up. One of Tuner's main jobs in the village is to notify the adventure guild of all the new skills awakening in Merata, Ventala, and Amara's three villages.

----

When I woke up, I could see Rena sleeping while sitting by my bed, and it was night time. I could see that all the blood and wounds have disappeared. I know that my parents might have suffered much without me knowing. I did not want to disturb her sleep and slowly looked for my Adventure card. I was putting my sense to the cards. Soon my information changed from the name, age, level, job, adventurer level, and new data was added in the form of my body attribute and skills.

I was so shocked that I nearly let out a cry and dropped the card from my hands. There were not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not even six but seven skills. To my best knowledge, the maximum skill anyone can have is five. I think now I know why my body has to go through all that pain. My body was not able to bear the burden of so many skills.

Usually, It is fortunate for godforsaken's children to have any skill. (godforsaken = person with no divine mercy skill.) Although the name of my some skills was new, I had this feeling in my head that I know them all by heart. I know their uses, and in my heart, I was sure that the presence of these skills was an indication of Goddess, who has shown mercy on me, that I should take what is mine and protect the people I love with my power.

My A-card was showing never before shown white color right now. Usually, it's color would be grey. But there will appear a bar of blue tint for one divine mercy skill, green bar for two divine mercy skill, a copper-red bar for three divine mercy, a silver bar for four divine skill, and the gold bar for five divine skill. This is why golden color clothes are official royal attire, and silver color cloths are noble families attire. Since my band was showing white color, this will be a problem.

Suddenly, I remember the warning Zuya gave me that her Goddess told me to hide my skills except for one in her vision. I could not understand what does that mean at the time, but looking at my skills, now I know. My skills are Assassin, Born to Rule, Life-Phases, Merchant, Soul Plunder, Skill Master, and Wizard. Skill master could control what can appear and what not. As the Goddess did not say anything about which skill to show, I know most common in my skill will be the best, so I decided to show Merchant skill and hide the rest. So, the white bar's color tuned to blue and solved my problem of explaining my skills to others and avoiding the risk to my life for having so many skills.

----

While I was busy with my A-card, Pata came, and Rena also wakes up. Looking at my card having a blue bar, they started to cry from happiness. Finally, Our family has got rid of the stigma of a godforsaken family. Rena was crying and pinching herself to make sure that this was not a dream, but real that her child has a divine mercy skill. Her happiness was in no way less than someone who got divine skill herself. While, Pata approached me and asked, "Is it true that you have a divine mercy skill?"

"Yes, Pata. I have a Merchant divine mercy skill."

Even after listening to my conformation, he could not believe that his child will not be stigmatized for being godforsaken. If not for the help of Tuner, their survival in the village would have been very hard. Many people are without skills, but it is rare for both husband and wife to be without divine mercy. This is associated with the reason that their parents also have to be godforsaken, hence not getting their child married to someone with at least one skill and dooming even the coming generation from having divine skill. But today, this chain of logic was broken in the form that even a couple with both godforsaken stigmas can bear a child with divine mercy skill. It was nothing short of a miracle of God to this family, this village.

Seeing Pata's shocked face and the cry of happiness from Rena, I know they have suffered far more than I could ever imagine. This incident of their son gets a divine mercy skill was as if they were given everything they have wanted. Pata hugged me after listening to this and said nothing. 

----

In the morning time Tuner and Manoj came home to meet me. Knowing that I have awakened the Merchant skill, they congratulated my parents and me. This will make me the first person from the village with this skill and open the possibility of doing business for me. Tuner asked me to visit him in the evening.

----

This news was very much glorified in the village as this is a very rare event of a godforsaken family to have a child with divine skill. Since the general perception of having no divine skill is clear from the name itself, godforsaken. So, this event was like, God has shown kindness and forgiven all the sins of my parents. Today, my parents and I will join the church for prayer to God, Currian. It is a special prayer for thanking God Currian for his forgiveness to my family.

----

In a room, far away place, A old man draped in golden clothes with a golden scepter was sitting on the thorn and was waiting for the Cheif diviner to report the latest divine vision. 

"Our God has said that a taboo awakened has been born in the world. If he is not stopped soon, Rivers of blood will flow in the world. " (Chief Diviner)

----

{Taboo awakened are those who get two are more god-goddess blessings of divine mercy skills, breaking the world's balance. Due to this, not only do they become powerful soon, but also control of gods gets negated from each other's divinity classing in their body. So, such people were killed with utmost priority. }

----

"Issue the order of highest level to all church of light and ask all other associations and guilds to search for the taboo awakened." (Old Golden rob Man)

"As you wish, Pope." (everyone present)

Similar warnings of taboo awakened were given by various god-goddess to their respective followers.

----

Status of the MC's in this chapter:

Adventure level: H                                                                                               Race: Human

Name: Kola                                                                                                            Age: 18 years

Job: Jobless                                                                                                           Level: 0

HP: 23/23                                         MP: 21/21                                                   SP: 26/26

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1.0                                                                                      2. Magical Strength: 0.8

3. Physical Defense: 0.8                                                                                      4. Magical Defense: 0.7

5. Body Density: 0.8                                                                                             6. Intelligence: 0.9

7. Agility: 0.7                                                                                                          8. Wisdom: 0.5 

Skills (divine mercy): Merchant, level-0

{Assassin, level-0; Born to rule, level-0; Life-Phases, Level-0; Skill master, level-0, Soul Plunder, level-0, Wizard,level-0}*.

Note: All skills with the curly bracket and '*' are not visible on A-card.

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated.

If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. Please join my Patreon to access up to 7 advanced chapters and maps.

I know you want to learn more about the story!

7