Arc 1 (Conception): (13) My Obsession
440 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(13) My Obsession

While the world was looking for new taboo awakened, but in Merata village, new awakened Kola has only one skill. There was no need to worry about people here.
In the evening, I visited the Tuner after all the events needing my presence were over. Today He takes out two glasses of the alcohol and offered me a drink too.
"So, How does it feel to finally have the power of divine mercy?" (Tuner)
"It feels good. Now, I can do many things not possible before.
Tuner about The money from Zuya, I want to know move to the city and look for the possibility of starting a business."
"What kind of business you have in mind?" (Tuner)
"I would take a final decision after observing the market, but I think something dealing with goods from the village crop might be better?"
"Looks like the Merchant skill does help with a business attitude." (Tuner)
While we were talking, another person knocked on the door but entered the room directly afterward, as he finds that the door was already open.
"How did you know that I will come to you?" (Manoj)
"I have been with you guys for so long, I would be a fool if not able to catch one or two habits." (Tuner)
As if justifying Tuner, soon, another person entered the room. This was Haku. Then I remembered the Story Tuner told me about him being part of the same adventurer party as Manoj and Haku.
"It looks like I am the last guy again. So, what did I missed?" (Haku)
"Nothing and take this drink." (Manoj)
After they all sit down, I know that this is not some random coincidence that these three old men are here together.
"So, Kola tell this old man, what is your future plan?" (Manoj)
"I want to move to gazina city and start a business."
"What is your plan on marriage?" (Manoj)
"I have not thought anything about this. But I will priorities my parent's decision here."
I know telling them that I am still hopeful about Zuya or anything other will not be of any help to me, so I put the ball in my parents' goal.
"This settles my worries. Do you know my girl? Her name is Qunia." (Manoj)
"Yes, I know her. I have seen her going to the forest sometimes."
"Looks like your girl be quite famous as a brute hunter. That's why you can not get any boy for her. ahaha" (Haku)
"You are not helping, Haku. She is as much as my girl as she is yours and Tuner's." (Manoj)
"I think We are getting off-topic. Looks like I should not have opened the alcohol before the talk. " (Tuner)
After some bickering among themselves, they again started to focus on me. I was feeling griddled here.
"Okay, back to the topic. Kola, my daughter, has awakened with two skills, one Hunter, which you also know, and the other is barbarian. I know not the best skill set for a wife it is. But she is a good person and would always supplement your lack of strength in the world. This world is not as peaceful as this village, and you being a new person from outside the city with money, become an easy target for thugs and gangs there. A strong wife will not only give you a sense of security and also strong children." (Manoj)
It was strange how everyone was talking to me as a weak person with a need for shielding. Even more confirming to me that they do not understand me or my situation.
"Stop! Stop right there, Manoj! What are you doing? Are you asking him to marry your daughter or selling him a security guard?
Kola, forget this drunk man and listen. Quina is a good girl and will compliment where you are weak in your new city life and help you establish yourself. I don't want to hear any excuses and just tell your opinion on this proposal. As for your parents, accordingly, I will talk to Pata and Rena first thing in the morning." (Tuner)
I also know that my mother, Rena, will never let me leave the village without accompanying me. Previously, my plan was to buy a slave and avoid the topic of marriage itself. Truth be told, I never planned about marriage until now. I indeed need to marry someone as Zuya, and my marriage is not possible. Further, even if I tried to use my seven skill awakening to do something, I will be killed as soon as this fact of higher-level awakening is known to the Royal family. As no royal family will allow anyone other than God to be at higher than them.
I do have some impression of Qunia. We used to play together as children but have not seen her much lately. I never actually thought of Quina as my probable wife or lover. So, suddenly deciding on a topic that will affect us both is not possible, and I know that Quina is a delightful girl, who has always talked with a smile to me in the past and was a good friend. Maybe I should first simply speak to her.
----
While I struggled with my emotional situation of suddenly making a girl my life partner and changing our life. All this was due to questions asked by these three old drinkers. But the girl in question was dreaming something I would have never guessed.
While Manoj, Tuner, and Haku are talking to me about her future life at Tuner's home. Qunia starts to review her life from the start to ready herself for what to come.
My name is Qunia. I have lived in Merata Village since the day I can remember. Manoj told me that my parents were hunters of this village. They went deep in the forest for a quest and encountered some wild animals that could not fight and got killed and eaten. As my parents came from another place to settle here, no one was our relative here. So, as the only child of my dead parents, I have no one to take care of myself, given my tender age of 1 year. Therefore, as my father's best friend, Manoj adopted me in his family as her daughter. I was pleased to know that I got new elder sisters and brothers to play with. But being adopted by Manoj and being a genuine part of his family were very different things. I learned it by regular bickering of all other family children that I am not part of their family and can never be. Initially, I would complain to Manoj about it, and he being the caring father, would try reason with them and ask his children to accept me.
But this lousy relationship of mine with the other family members further degraded, when even his wife would treat me like a bringer of bad luck. So, eventually, I also stopped complaining and would run away to the village and play with other children until it is time for dinner, and slowly this became a routine for me to eat breakfast early morning and leave the house, then return at the time for dinner.
After some years, I found out that some children in the village with whom my friends would not play. They told me that those are Godfoseken children and are being punished by God Currian. I could relate more to my feeling of not accepted by my family with these children. So, I tried to join them, but they run away after seeing me. When the next day, I returned after feeling left out, none of my old friends allowed me to join them to play, they did not allow me to join them, saying that their mother said that you are now tinted with aurora of Godforseken, Please do not come near me.
When I was despondent and sobbing alone, a boy came to me. He was one of the godforsaken children. He was cute. He talked to me and helped me get over all my grief. Since that day, we became best friends. We would regularly meet each other to talk and play. Soon, many more godforsaken children joined us, seeing us happy playing all day long. This Boy changed my life from that day. Now I always have the purpose of running from home and joining him with others to play each morning.
----
Slowly time passed, and we were now 10-12 years old boys and girls. This year a new family came to our village to live, from Gazina city. There was a girl about our age in this new family. Her name is Zuya. Initially, other village children did not allow her to join, just like they did with me in the past. So, I invited her to play with us. Her cute and naive behavior has soon made her a central part of the group. The Boy and I will always join her in playing.
----
But in a time of a few years, before I could even realize, I was no longer part of the small clique of the girl, Zuya, and the Boy. They would play and spent more time together away from me and others.
I would feel pain in my chest all the time I would see them together. As if some have taken away something very precious to me. I could not help sometimes and cry alone when I see them talking happily while holding their hands. Soon, I also realized that I have unknowingly become the outcast of village with no family and friends except Manoj, and uncle Tuner, and Haku. So, to cope with my newfound loneliness, I started to follow the Boy from morning to late evening. This was now my daily routine unknown to others. This Boy became my obsession.
----


Please like and comment on the chapter. Please visit my Patreon to get 4 advanced chapters and world maps.

6