Arc 1 (Conception): (14) Heartache
437 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(14) Heartache

I would follow the Boy everywhere, I could follow. I know that I have started to love this Boy, and my love for the Boy was beyond the normal definition of love.
I would finish my breakfast early and take something for lunch. Then leave my house to reach near Boy's Home. I would then follow him from morning to night until he falls asleep. Sometime Boy will manage to see me, and I will be so surprised that I would try my best not to let him suspect me following him. Everyone says that Zuya and the Boy are in love, but who knows this fact better than me.
Villager might say that the Boy's parents are godforsaken, but I have seen how good his parents are? They love him, care for him. They might be more impoverished than others but live a happy and lovely life.
Many boys have recently shown interest in the Zuya; they would propose to her each time I wish she would say yes and leave the Boy for me. But her dedication towards had stopped me forever, threatening her to leave the Boy.
----

Today is my 18th birthday. I very much wished that if the Boy would have been with me today. This day will be so beautiful. Since yesterday I was praying to Goddess to give me chef and housewife skills to be his wife and cook good food for him. But as if life was telling me that I will never get what I want. I got awakened skill Hunter and Barbarian, just opposite to what I asked for. It looks like God also wants me to be a good hunter and fighter.

When I come out to tell uncle Tuner about my skill, He said to me that Zuya has the same 18th birthday as me and got four divine mercy skills. So, while my skills are very good for this village standards, and I can even move to the city to live after marriage. Even then, I am not the best, but what uncle Tuner did not know that I was so happy in my heart. I run outside the village area as I could not stop the laughter of happiness. Maybe this was what Haku uncle means when he said that God Currian will never block all the paths. He will only close one way if I want to open other ways.

But my happiness could not last for much longer. As the news of the bandits' attacks on the Boy and his father came.
When people brought them to the village, Boy is unconscious, and blood is all over his head. I could not stop my self from shouting. In the past, I was not strong. My anger was no threat to the people around me. But things were different now. My barbaric instinct was taking over me due to my emotional peak of anger. So, As not to kill anyone, I run to the forest. I hunted wild animals to vent my anger.
My first major challenge came in the form of a wolf of level-2. By now, I have exhausted my anger by killing rabbits, deer, and likes small animal. My MP and SP were less than half-filled. I know staying here anymore was risky, so I planned to return to the village and go to see the Boy. This wolf looks like it was attracted by the smell of the blood from all the Killing done. After hearing the howling of the wolf, I know that running was meaningless as they were already close, and I could not outrun the wolf. So, I climbed the tree and started to look for the wolf.
When I show the size of the wolf, it was an emaciated wolf. I know it will leave after eating the carcasses of the animals below. Suddenly, as if a madness took hold of myself, and I could feel blood started to fill my brain, my head was filled with only thought to fight this wolf and show that I was stronger. I waited until this wolf came close to the tree I was on. The readying the sword I toke from home, jumped on it. But as if expecting my attack, the wolf avoided the attack sidestepping away from me. Only a light skin cut on its left leg side was made.
It bared all its teeth on me and lunged to reach my right side for a bit. I erected my sword in front of me, the collision between its mouth and my sword numbed my hands, but an arc was cut starting from its snout to nose bridge and bearly leaving its left eye from cutting. Even then, it became blind in one eye from one eye being covered in blood.
By now, the wolf was so infuriated that it did not care for the sword and just wanted to catch me with its teeth. Then it moved to my back with its speed of jump and grabbed my right leg from the back. After getting ahold of my leg, it jerked me, and I fall down. I could not help but cry from all the pain hitting my brain. I know as if I all die here. I just wanted to see the boy one last time. Imagining that if I did not survive this wolf. I might die here unknown to all and without telling the Boy how I feel for him? I steeled myself with all I have and reached for the sword, which I have let go before while falling.
Seeing how I was on the ground not able to sand up increased the daring of this wolf and again attacked to take a bit of my exposed waist on the right side; at the same time, I moved the sword backward, pointing at the place its head would be with all power I had. As if the Goddess not allowing me to still leave the world, my sword met its open mouth and went all the way to its brain. Wolf was killed even without realizing what has happened. My look stems from the fact that I did not have the strength to keep pressing the sword all the way to its brain, but eath is way more powerful than anything. The handle of the sword was caught between earth next to the wolf and me. The blade was pressed under the wolf's own weight in its brain and Killing it without a second wasted.
Suddenly I could feel a power feeling my body, and my mind cleared up. I know that this was the feeling of leveling up, but I could not celebrate it at all. I was a mess by now. I had a badly wounded right leg, and my body was full of many small wounds. I needed to leave the place before another animal came. Otherwise, this place will be my last place. I did not care about anything and stud-up using the sword as support. I was slowly lumping back to the village.
----
When I reached the farm area, few villagers show me all bloodied and wounded. This was the second time in one day they show such a scene. Seeing help coming, I lost consciousness as all the adrenaline keeping me awake was taken over by a sense of tiredness and all the blood loss. They helped me to the home.
----
When I woke up, I do not know anything about how I reached here and how my wounds were now okay. But I could guess that people from yesterday helped me, and Uncle Haku must have healed the wound.
Thinking of wound, I remembered how The Boy was wounded yesterday, and I went to the forest to cool my head. I jumped from my bed and left the room to run to his home. This was the first time I could meet him after so many years to see him close. He was still unconscious, but out of danger, His mother told me. I could not stay here much longer, so I left for the forest.
You could ask why I would go to the forest after just having the bloody battle. The idea was straightforward; I wanted to be strong enough to protect him. I also wanted to first collect my hunt from the forest or whatever was left there after one night.
When I reached the place, I confronted the wolf, two wild dogs were eating its body. They both enjoyed the free meal but could not have guessed that I have come to collect the fee of their impudence. I readied my sword and swiftly cut the neck of the one which has its back to me. The second one jumped back and started to run away, feeling the disparity between us emitted by my barbarian skill. I collected all the bodies and tied them up by rope and started to pull them to the forest. It was a sight to see my small and weak looking figure with these dead bodies pulled together. There were three rabbits, two deers, one wolf, and one dog. Four rabbits and one deer was eaten in one night time.
----
Status of Qunia in this chapter:
Adventure level: H                                                                     Race: Human
Name: Qunia                                                                               Age: 18 years.
Job: barbaric Hunter                                                                 Level: 1
HP: 62/62                                       MP: 31/31                           SP: 67/67
Body Attributes :
1. Physical Strength: 3.0                                                             2. Magical Strength: 1.2
3. Physical Defense: 2.6                                                              4. Magical Defense: 1.1
5. Body Density: 2.5                                                                     6. Intelligence: 0.9
7. Agility: 1.2                                                                                  8. Wisdom: 1.0
Skills (divine mercy): Barbarian, level-0; Hunter, level-0.


Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated.
If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. Please join my Patreon to access up to 7 advanced chapters and maps.
I know you want to learn more about the story!

7