Arc 1 (Conception): (2) Origin of world
744 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. If you can help me edit the chapters, please message me.

If you wish to know more about this story ahead of the released public chapter. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 14 advanced chapters. I know you want to learn more about the story!

Arc 1 (Conception): (2) Origin of the World

Day-2

On our way home, I enjoyed the morning sky and saw the mild red pair of suns playing hide and see in the clouds. This blue sky was a large canvas painted in white-pink clouds, where two red balls playing. This giant painting was asking all the mortals to prise it for the ethereal beauty it possessed. This beauty was also extenuated by all the early birds chirping and animals cry, making this village morning intoxicating.

Soon we were home, and Rena was waiting for us with breakfast. After breakfast, I asked, "Pata, can I join you today?"

"Sure, if you are feeling good to work." (Pata)

----

So, I was now following Pata for our farms. We were moving outside of the village in the east direction. It might just be a chance that our house is also on the outer side of the village. It did not take long after we departed from home, and I saw the village's most monstrous structure, the ancient forest. This forest was full of large and old trees and installed fear, respect, and wow in you. But even before the woods just outside the village, the plants and trees were much more frequent and varied. The first man-made structure I notice outside the village was the ranches rearing various animals in large numbers. Our family does not own any animal ranch, and the large plantations with animal ranches are usually owned by other well-off, wealthy families in the village. These ranches rear animals like sheep, goats, chicken, etc..

When we finally reached our fields. Which were situated at the ends of all farm distribution, next to the forest. Here was also a well shared among villagers for watering the areas around. This may provide water to make up for any lack of water from the rain, but was not enough to thoroughly dampen all fields around without rainfall. So, farming here was entirely dependent on seasonal rain.

We farm crops like paddy, wheat, vegetables like tomato, onion, potato, and herb green-misty grass. Today, Pata showed me how to used bulls for pulling water from the well to water the fields and started with paddy. Pata said it might take around 10 days to water all the fields. 

In the afternoon, Rena came with lunch for us. We had a family lunch in the shadow of a large tree. After lunch, Pata and I were resting. Rena was gossiping about villagers who came to ask about my health and so on. She returned home with fresh vegetables and firewoods, while we continued with our work.

In the evening, Pata showed me how to set-up traps for catching rabbits or small animals in the forest near our farms. These little animals will come to our farms to eat vegetables. But looks like it was not our lucky day, as nothing was in traps. So, we placed two more traps, one made by me and another created by Pata's demonstration. Then we released the bulls from water pully and moved for home.

At home, we first fastened the bulls in the cowshed. Then Pata asked me to follow him in the village. While following him, I could not help but ask, "Where are we going?"

"I think that you are now fine. So, we need to get our adventure cards (A-cards). So, we are going to ask for Tuner's help. For your information, he is the adventure guild staff living in our village, and I sometimes worked for him as a cart driver. He is a nice man and will answer any question you ask, which even Rena or I might not know." (Pata)

With such a scholarly sage-like introduction, I could not wait to meet Tuner. He has to know about this World. But then, few things picked my attention. So, I asked, "We are not adventurers but farmers. What is the use of A-cards for us? And what help can Tuner do for us?" 

"You even forgot this. Looks like Rena was right, you are no longer the same." (Pata)

After saying so, Pata looked aged and tired. I might look like a big failer to him, but I do not remember anything about the past. What was I like in the past? And how did I behave? I do not feel sad about losing what I never had. But this did not excuse me from putting my parents in this state. Therefore, I decided to be a better Kola and apologized, "Sorry, Pata! I really do not remember what I was like in the past."

"It is okay, no need to apologizes. It is not like you did it intentionally. Maybe this was God's wish, and no matter what, you will always be my son, okay!

Back to the topic, you are right. We are not adventures, but A-cards are used as identity cards everywhere. It is issued by the Adventurer guild in Gazina city." (Pata)

"Then should not we go to Gazina city? Why do we visit Tuner for help?"

"After the last incident, do you really believe that your mother will allow you to leave this village without extra assurances. I have lost credibility due to the last time. So, our best choice is to follow Tuner when he goes for his regular visit to Gazina city."

I have to agree with this argument of Pata and quietly followed. Tuner was my only hope if I want to visit places outside the village without antagonizing Rena. 

----

At Tuner's place, Tuner opened the door and invited us in. Tuner was drinking alcohol in the hall. He offered the drink to Pata, but he politely rejected and directly came to our purpose of visit. "Tuner, Kola, and I would like to follow you to Gazina city for A-card." (Pata)

Tuner replied like he was anticipating this, "So, finally, both of you have decided to get A-card. Good, I will go to Gazina City on the 25th June, fifth day from now. Now, how are you, Kola? Pata was telling me, you ask questions these days." (Tuner)

It looks like Tuner was friendly, and Pata was familiar with him. After the beautiful introduction from Pata about him, my anticipation was also high. So, when Tuner mentioned to me, the first thing that came out of my mouth was a question, "um...Tuner, can you tell me more about this World?" 

Which very much surprised Tuner, "Oh Boy! he really ask a question." Then he started laughing. "Don't be alarmed Kola, In this village, it is quite rare for anyone to ask about the World and things outside the village. "

I could see that he was not making thing and was really finding it funny and entertaining, "Since I do not have anything to do, I will entertain your questions. What do you want to know about this World?"

By seeing how much, Tuner and I were excited about it. Pata knows our discussion can go on for a long time. So, he stood up and said, "Tuner, I will take my leave and Kola, make sure that you are home before dinner." (Pata)

"Okay, Pata and I will have some fun with this child now." (Tuner)

and Pata left, leaving me with Tuner.

-----

"How big is this world?" 

"What a big question! Hard to answer, but I can tell you that neither I nor anyone I know has visited all the World. Let alone this World, even this continent is so big that nobody has visited it all. But still, there are things that people know like this World has nine continents, named Main, Divine, Benti, Austin, Insa, Tifa, Indus, Ganges, and Nandi, in their decreasing order of size. We are currently living on the Indus continent and in the Boish kingdom. The Boish kingdom is medium-sized. Rumors' are that as the continent's size increases, so does the upper limit's to allow high-level beings on it. If someone higher-level than the capacity continent lives on it forcefully, his power will be suppressed according to the continent's power level. So, higher-level beings avoid living on smaller continents as they are weaker there and easy to kill. Our Indus continent also has a level limit.

Ohh boy! See how I am deviating from the topic. It looks like living in this village is now taking its toll on me. hahaha" (Tuner)

I know that Tuner was like a free-spirited man and would answer anything. So, I tried to be a little bold and asked, "Does our world really has any God?"

Tuner shushed me to stop. The seriousness on his face told me that I have asked something I should not. Then scolding from him followed, "Do you want everyone around gets killed? You dare to question the God as if you do not believe in him. Looks like your situation is worse than Pata told me. He was not joking when saying, you lost all memory." (Tuner)

The room was quiet, I do not know what to say, and Tuner was contemplating something. Soon he talked again after collecting himself, "Listen, young man, if you love your life and care about the people around. Then never ever question God or Goddess in front of anyone. What you think in your mind, no one gives a shit about it. Am I clear ?"

"I am sorry! I will keep this in mind."

Satisfied with my reply, he proceeds, "There are more God-Goddess and their fanatic in this World than you can imagine. If any of them got the hint of what you just asked, then they would burn, crucify, you, and everyone you care about with enough zeal to scare anyone watching shitless. Religion is found everywhere in this World, and if really, you want to look for the proof of their existence. You just need to wait for a few days. On your 18th birthday, if you get divine mercy skills. You will get to feel their presence." (Tuner)

"Really? And what are these divine mercy skills?"

"Yes. There may be some other reason behind divine mercy skills, but you need to know only one explanation. It is told by the Church of God of Light and Healing. They say that in the beginning there was nothing, this World was empty. One day this nothingness was filled with space and time, this gave birth to the God of Space, Time and Creation, also known as High God or Supreme existence. He felt lonely and created this World and filled with all the things in it. But this did not help his loneliness. So, he then created the Goddess of Plants. As soon as she came into existence, she populated the whole of the World with plants, and World was filled with a large forest. This raised her status as high Goddess of plants."(Tuner)

Then Tuner stopped and refilled his glass after taking a few sips. He said, "Ahh.. this hit the spot. All talking was making my throat dry. Do you want some?" (Tuner)

"No, I am fine. just some water would be fine."

"Then help yourself." saying, so Tuner pointed me for where to get water.

Tuner continued with the story, "Both High-God and High-Goddess, created new two Gods and five Goddesses, namely, God of Light and Healing, God of Dark and Death, Goddess of Earth, Goddess of Fire, Goddess of Wind, Goddess of Water, and Goddess of Lightning. These goddesses filled the World with their elements. Their powers lead to the emergence of all the animals, demi-humans, and monsters. While the God of light and Healing created Human and God of Dark and Death created the demons." 

"As soon as these races come into existence, the World was engulfed in wars for dominance. These new two Gods and five Goddesses also started to interfere in conflicts by taking sides and giving some chosen individuals power to fight beyond any races. This created a perilously dangerous situation, where individuals with God's power were fighting the battles, and the World was closed to dying due to this. Everyone was fighting. 

A long time ago, when this World was newly created, it has only one giant continent and an ocean. This leads to an unimaginatively high upper limit for the level up, and leveling was easy. Coupled with this new game of favoritism by God, Goddess created powerful heroes in this World on all sides fighting this war. In the final moment of this war, an ultimate fight for supremacy was fought among these heroes. This war was so devastating that the old continent was broken into multiple pieces, resulting in nine continents and many smaller islands. 

This event finally forced the High-God and High-Goddess to take action. As they realized that these new gods and goddesses will destroy everything they created if left unchecked. So, they called all the new Gods and Goddesses to discuss how to avoid this kind of world-threatening situation in the future.

After much discussion following rules were set,

  1. From then on, No God or Goddess is allowed to give power to any human/Devil/Demi-Human before age 18. Only plants/animals/monsters will have skills as ability since birth.
  2. Any at level-0 will need to raise his level and Skill separately, and this will need 1 and 10 small units of blessings for growing to the next level, respectively. Each subsequent level will require ten times more blessings than the previous level.
  3. From then on, only Gods and Goddesses can give magical skills to anyone as divine mercy skills."

By now, it was about dinner time, so Tuner stopped and reminded me to go home. I was totally absorbed into the story and forgot the time.

"Kola, it is quite late. Don't you have to go home?" (Tuner)

"Oops! I really forget about it. See you tomorrow, Tuner uncle. Good Night!"

----

10