Arc 1 (Conception): (22) finding a foothold.
293 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. If you can help me edit the chapters, please message me.

If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 10 advanced chapters and maps.

I know you want to learn more about the story!

Arc 1 (Conception): (22 ) Finding a foothold.

Edited by olympaforged

The next day, Tuner, Pata, Qunia, and I went to the Zuya's family's new estate in the eastern city region within the inner wall. It turns out that Nobleman Prakash Sharma has divided the outer Gazina city's control area into 50 smaller sectors. These regions maybe only 2% of the whole Gazina city but would usually have around 25,000 people living there, that is, more than 30 times the Merata village population. These divisional regions have shops, paddlers, offices of big companies, etc. The managing noble house gets taxes from running these establishments. Better they manage the area more taxes they will get.

Prakash Sharma has been giving each region to the family of his concubines and noble houses who swear filthy to him for management. He will get his regular fixed tax cut each month, and the rest of the tax income was the house's income operating it. It turns out the east region around the gates was given to Zuya's family to manage. 

When we reached the estate gate of the Zuya's family. After knowing that we hail from the same village as the Housemaster. Therefore, the guard did not outright force us away from the gate. But send one of the guards to ask for permission in the manner and as Tuner's name was used for approval. We were allowed to enter the mansion. I have to admit that the Tuner does have his weight among the people in the village. Even if the person in question has left the Merata village, this image persists for a long.

----

We were taken to a big hall and served tea. I have to admit the building was big, maybe the biggest near the east gate area pointing to our village. I do not know whether this region was deliberately given or taken by Zuya's family. Perhaps this will be a good thing for us, as it will indirectly deter others who would try to outcast us outright in the city due to our origin.

Soon, Zuya's father and one of her elder brothers entered the room. The moment Zuya's father and her brother show my face, all excitement of meeting Tuner and others was replaced by naked disgust on their faces. Feeling the tense atmosphere, Tuner said," Do not jump to conclusions, Head of Zuya house. This boy has come today with excellent propositions for you and your family. I assure you that it is nothing that will harm you all." (Tuner)

Listening to this, they did calm down a little bit. Seeing how frequently their facial expressions were changing, I can bet that they might be struggling to make friends, and their rivals are stealing all their good deals and as if waiting for me to think this so that they could prove me right. Their next statement came naturally.

"If that is the case, I would love to hear him out. If Tuner did not explain earlier, I would have assumed that our rivals have sent this boy here to play their next scheme. Lately, things are very messy in this region we govern. Everywhere, new criminals groups and gangs are emerging, and old shops are closing, or companies are leaving the area, people are leaving this region for a job. I fear that our situations will soon start to affect Zuya's position in Sharma House."

Then, I explained my idea of selling wild meat to noble and wealthy people in the city. Zuya's father was delighted after knowing my plan to open a company. Since guards of the east gate are under his control and jurisdiction, he assured me that if I open the company in his area sector-34. Then he can make sure that nobody other than us villagers can move out to hunt the wild animals. 

Not only us, but even the Zuya's father was excited about this business. As they have been struggling to meet their quota of tax since the time they have taken over this region. All profitable companies and shops have moved to the territory of the previous administrator, Gupta house. If our company is established, it can work in their favor, so they are happy to help.

To make sure every region is managed profitably. Prakash Sharma makes a yearly assessment of the profit from every 50 sectors. If Zuya's father fails, then Zuya's family has to give up the governing rights to other noble houses to manage.

For me, meeting, Zuya was not possible as things were not going well for her in the Sharma family, and given the nature of my past relationships with Zuya, coupled with her family's mismanagement in sector-34, has put her in a dire situation. So, anything which could put dirt on her image will be terrible. 

But then suddenly, Zuya's father and brother proposed a loan of 5,000 gold coins and said that, 

'Zuya has asked me to buy as many cheap slaves as I can purchase and establish my company with their help. She also instructed her father that I will soon come to him with Tuner and open a shop here. Then He has to provide me with all the necessary help and support. In return, I will turn the situation in their favor...'

While I could feel that this has something to do with the vision Zuya has in Merata village about the goddess. I also realized that establishing a channel for selling meat to rich people in Gazina city was not possible; everything looked bleak to me. But after looking at my downcast face, Zuya's brother said, "I might not be able to give you the chance to make the nobles as customers, but I know many of the rich kids in Gazina city. So do not worry about the sale to the rich people. Since my sister has asked me, I will help you and always remember all I care about is my sister. If I got to know that you are doing anything that harms my sister. Even if I have to make deals with the devil, I will not let you live."

----

We left the house after getting the recommendation letter for purchasing the slaves for the slave market. Not everyone is allowed to buy slaves. So these kinds of clearances are needed for legally buying slaves. Before leaving the house, his father has also given us two permits. The first permit was for renting one of their shops on the main road. It looked like Zuya's father needed to bring hope for the people living in sector-34; that's why he gives us a prime location shop, and this will also help them push the image of job opportunities in the region.

Further, helping them stabilized the situation of youth migration to other sectors for jobs from sector-34. The second permit was special long-term permission to construct an animal rearing ranch outside near the gate region. This was done as the entry of wild animals in the city was not allowed; hence we will keep the alive animals out, and only meat will go inside.

Further, this new ranch establishment will provide paid-level-up services to people with non-combatant skills in Gazina city. To our surprise, we even have customers before the opening of the shop. Zuya's family wanted us to help them all to reach at least level-3. Since this was our first contract, we gladly accepted. But the time needed was left indefinite as our current capabilities, we expect to level-up up to level-2 within a month, but more we were not sure. Zuya's family members need to reach level-3 as this was necessary to keep their image in the ruling circle.

4