Arc 1 (Conception): (37) Aftermath (End of the arc)
191 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
    

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. If you can help me edit the chapters, please message me.

If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 14 advanced chapters. I know you want to learn more about the story!

Arc 1 (Conception): (37) Aftermath

On the way back after the extermination of the Chor gang, everyone was anxious. We did not want to get involved in any other conflict and, with caution, made a beeline to the Shop's back entrance. Our mood was mixed right now. We have the happiness of getting rid of the Chor gang, but seeing one of our slave's death in Gabber's hand has dampened the achievement. Added with the fact that each of us has various levels of wounds and needed rest. So everyone moved to for rest.
----

Qunia was dead tired and fall asleep. While I could not think about anything, as during the fight, I had my first level-up, followed by a strange force developing inside my body. This force was dissolving and tearing my internal organ and evolving. But Qunia and others have told me that level-ups were more painful for people with more skills as they force a considerable upgrade on the body, and in my case, this disturbing feeling was growing with time. I could not help but wanted to pull-out my skin to see what was happening inside me, and once my vision become red, and the uncontrolled itching around eyes forced me to move my hands closer to rub my eyes. But the result was gruesome as soon my hands were soaked in blood. Finally, it broke my control over me as I realized that my eyes, skin, and everything were bleeding blood, and I cried out-loud that night.
----

The next day when I woke up, my bed was surrounded by many people. There was Qunia, Haku, Tuner, Ramu, were worriedly waiting for the outcome, and others were running in and out of the room with a water pot, medicine, clean clothes, and so on. Upon seeing me open my eyes, Qunia and others were happy, and Tuner asked,

"What happened, Kola? Why were you bleeding blood and secreting black sticky, pungent liquid from all over your body, last night? It was the first time I show something like it". (Tuner)

But I was still feeling lost and did not answer him. So, Qunia explained to me what has happened to me.

Last night, I lost consciousness after shouting, waking Quina, and others. But, Qunia and others saw was a bleeding body of unconscious Kola. So, she immediately sent a slave to look for Tuner at Adventure Guild. But as soon as Tuner shows Kola's situation, he went to the Church and came with Haku. Since then, everyone here was busy doing everything needed.

After knowing everything, I thanked Haku, Tuner, and others for their help and care. I also told them that last night was due to my level up. Everyone was surprised after knowing this, as none has ever heard of such violent and bloody level-up. Then Tuner and Haku remembered how my awakening was also violent and bloody. So, they concluded that it has something to do with the fact that my parents were godforsaken, resulting in my body being inherently weak and requiring extensive modifications with each level-up, leading to such bloody changes.
Many people could not help but look at me with pity after listening to this, and Qunia hugged me to console.

As now things were cleared out, people left us alone. Qunia also left me to rest after kissed my forehead.
----

Nobody would imagine that this bloody awakening has nothing to do with my parents but was due to the seven skills enormous burden. This makes it hard for me to level up by making me each level up, requiring a tremendous change to make me most potent in level and go for cross-level kills. But, I did not correct them and let them leave with this misunderstanding. After all, I do not want to tell everyone the real reason behind it. How would I explain to them that I have not one but seven skills? And that this was most likely the impact of one of my Mysterious skills unknown to me?

But, I finally know the nature of my seventh skill, Life-Phase. This skill is the most mysterious skill I have learned so far. It was modifying my body and other skills and even levels with each level-up. By concentrating on it, I saw that it's subclass changed (Conecption=>Birth), and the requirement for my progress to the next level for all my cultivation, skills, and level has decreased. Further, my Soul-Plunder skill's secondary effect of stealing skills of others was now showing a sub-skills 'Heal level-1', under it. This was also the reason for the sudden increase in body burden, as I now have practically eight skills.

I could feel all the power flowing in my body. It was thrilling. I was much more vital, healthy, and could feel that my life-phase skill was beneficial and would ensure that each level-up from now on be comfortable and raise in strength at each level-up be maximum. My skills were now more harmonious and in equilibrium with each other. But my most significant gain was the fact that I could gain new skills in a way never known to others much more quickly and frequently to be more powerful.
----

In Gazina city, the day was usual for all ordinary people, and slam people do not care about who has died yesterday, only what was left behind for them. Therefore, after the Chor gang's annihilation last night, locals waited only to make sure that Kola and others have left, and then they robbed the place for the whole night. By the time it was morning, there were only walls and ruin, and even that was claimed by some locals as their new home.

This event did not even register into the news spectrum of the ordinary population of Gainza city. As murder and robbing were a common occurrence in slums, but for other Gazina city classes, this dark world full of hall never made a difference. Maybe this was another dark side of this Gazina city, where the death or disappearance of nearly 50 people in a community of 1.2 million people was nothing to city rulers and ordinary people alike.

But still, things were chaotic in sector-34, and few offices in Gazina Lord's Palace, adventures high-command office, Church high-command office in the inner wall, were feeling headache after Gupta House demands justice on the killing of their 57 house servants in sector-34.

After much debate and allegation, to and fro in Lord's palace, where church and Adventure representatives were present, a price of 1,000 golds was announced to giving information on the event of that night and 5,000 golds if the people missing or murderers were handed over to the authorities.

----END of ARC 1 (CONCEPTION)----

3