The Protagonists
396 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A first look at our protagonists! Make your first choice, Questers.

GENDER: MALE

1. THE GENTLE GIANT

Quiet, skillful, dutiful, you’ve managed to fly under the radar up until now. Infinite potential lurks under your skin—you can feel that well of unlimited energy every time you meditate—potential you hide. While you've a few battles under your belt, you mostly receive escorting missions or get to play messenger, which you're completely fine with. Prodigies don't get to grow old under Senju Butsuma's iron fist and you're not keen on dying before you've even hit your twenties again.

In this world, names have importance. ever since you've begun your second life, the symbol on your back has felt like a brand. You are a Senju. You've seen twelve violent summers. You wish for your younger clansman to survive to his twelfth year too.

Wishes are for children, you think furiously. This is your duty. Senju Itama might be only third in the line of succession, his life is worth more than yours.

As you've grown older, your memories of your past life have been coming back to you. The more you learn about the other world, the more your loyalty to this one wavers. Children don't belong on the battlefield. Child-hunters shouldn't be an accepted fact. Children shouldn't-

You smother the treacherous thoughts like all other times. You've always done your duty. You're not about to change now.

[+2 Will of Fire, +1 Chakra, -2 Loyalty, -1 Idealism]

Profile Template
[General Info]
Name: Senju TBA
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Affiliation: Senju Clan
Occupation: Shinobi
Rank: Genin
Sexuality: Bi
Alignment: TBA
Likes: TBA
Dislikes: TBA

[Appearance]
Hair: shaggy light brown
Eyes: bright green
Height: normal
Usual outfit: calf-length pants, a kimono shirt and a knee-length haori
Defining features: TBA

[Other Info]
Skills: TBA
Specialties: TBA
Important connections: None

[Shinobi specific info]
Nature Type: Wind + Water + Fire + Earth + Lightning + Yin-Yang Release
Kekkei Genkai: None
Ninja Tools: TBA
Specialty: Medical Jutsu + Ninjutsu + Taijutsu + Genjutsu

 

2. THE HOT-BLOODED REBEL

Rebel without a cause and eternal pain in the ass, that's you. As the cadet of the Uzumaki main branch, you're quite doted on by your family, and you love to take full advantage of that fact. But all that attention can be smothering sometimes and this is not the first time you've fled from home.

This might be the first time you've come across a Senju-Uchiha battle—if the butchering of a child could even be called that.

Mito's your favorite cousin to annoy, you two are pretty close, and you know she's soon to be engaged to the Senju Heir. Maybe if you helped one of his clansmen, he would try to be a kind husband? You remember your mother, the welts on her skin. You remember your father, the sneer on his face, the smell of sake on his breath.

What does your grandmother always tell you? Helping people and they'll help you in return. Gratitude always leads to kindness.

You love your mother, but you think you might love Mito more. Senju Hashirama will be grateful, yes?

[+2 Chakra, +1 Loyalty, -2 Idealism, -1 Will of Fire]

Profile Template
[General Info]
Name: Uzumaki TBA
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Affiliation: Uzumaki Clan
Occupation: Shinobi
Rank: Genin
Sexuality: Bi
Alignment: TBA
Likes: TBA
Dislikes: TBA

[Appearance]
Hair: red
Eyes: blue
Height: normal for your age
Usual outfit: a yukata and an ankle-length cloak that hides everything
Defining features: TBA

[Other Info]
Skills: TBA
Specialties: TBA
Important connections: Uzumaki Prince and Clan Head, Uzumaki Mito

[Shinobi specific info]
Nature Type: Wind + Water + Yin Release
Kekkei Genkai: Uzumaki life-force
Ninja Tools: Sealing scrolls
Specialty: Fuinjutsu + Space-Time jutsu + Sensor + Adamantine Sealing Chains

GENDER: FEMALE

3. THE WHITE WOLF

You're a scruffy little thing, more animal than man. You are a Hatake, a child of the Wild, a nomad of Fire Country. You remember being a wholly different person once, but that life is long gone, and you can't believe you used to be so sharp and witty of the tongue. You don't like talking, you don't like humans in general—they're rough, uncouth and deplorable. You were hunting for diner when you were caught in this crossfire. Monsters hunting a pup, how disgusting.

And they call you the savage. You give a quiet snort of derision.

Nothing about being reborn in a war-torn world is simple, but you're of the opinion that there's two ways to divide people; Pack and Not Pack. Defining Pack can be tricky sometimes—a father that raises his hand at you is not Pack, a stranger that feeds you could be Pack—but relying on your intuition, your instincts, tends to help you a lot. And when even they fail you, there's the wisdom of a past life long lived.

This time, both experience and instinct tell you one thing: pups should be protected. Sheltered. Loved.

But you're a lone hunter without backup. Can you afford to reveal yourself to the wide world?

[+2 Will of Fire, +1 Idealism, -2 Loyalty, -1 Chakra]

Profile Template
[General Info]
Name: Hatake TBA
Age: 12
Gender: Female
Affiliation: Hatake Clan
Occupation: Shinobi
Rank: Genin
Sexuality: Het
Alignment: TBA
Likes: TBA
Dislikes: TBA

[Appearance]
Hair: white
Eyes: black
Height: taller than boys the same age
Usual outfit: calf-length hakama pants, a white kimono shirt, and a short wolf-fur cloak
Defining features: really sharp canines

[Other Info]
Skills: TBA
Specialties: TBA
Important connections: None

[Shinobi specific info]
Nature Type: Lightning + Earth
Chakra Reserves: Average
Kekkei Genkai: None
Ninja Tools: Sword + Chakra blade
Specialty: Bukijutsu (specifically Kenjutsu) + Summoning Contract (Dogs/Wolves) + Tracking

 

4. THE SCORNED HEIRESS

People tend to underestimate you because of a number of things. Your status, your gender, your petite size and your delicate looks, carefully cultivated to please an absent-minded father and strict mother. They could not be more wrong. You're driven and ambitious and beautiful. The role of the obedient, docile daughter fits like an ill-fitted glove, but it has served you well till now. Nobody suspects the pliant future trophy wife to be the brain behind the family's successes, after all.

There's only one person who knows your secret, and you have their utmost loyalty only thanks to the money you keep lining their pocket with. Not that you mind—as long as they protect you with their life and obey your commands, you'd sell all your jewelry for their loyalty. A worthy investment.

Should you have the child saved? Will intervening in a Senju-Uchiha fight—ahem, execution—throw a wrench into your plans? Or will it give you an advantage unlike any other?

You have big plans, you can't afford to lose sight of them. Your brother is a fool. It wouldn't do for him to inherit the title—it would spell disaster for everyone and everything you've come to cherish. You're clever, and gifted with a silver tongue, and you have dreams too big for a mere nobleman's daughter, but you know what you're owed.

And you will take what's rightfully yours!

[+2 Idealism, +1 Loyalty, -2 Chakra, -1 Will of Fire]

Profile Template
[General Info]
Name: TBA
Age: 12
Gender: Female
Affiliation: a noble clan from Fire Country
Occupation: Civilian
Rank: Despite being the eldest daughter, it's your younger brother who will inherit your father's title, wealth and lands.
Sexuality: Het
Alignment: TBA
Likes: TBA
Dislikes: TBA

[Appearance]
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: dark brown
Height: normal
Usual outfit: elaborate kimonos and gorgeous yukatas.
Defining features: extremely beautiful

[Other Info]
Skills: Silver tongue + Sewing + Medicinal Knowledge
Specialties: Diplomacy + Economics + Leadership
Important connections: the Capital (and the Fire Country Daimyo) + shinobi for hire + mercenaries for hire + samurai vassals
Tools: a bodyguard + contracts + paper and ink + sewing kit + money bag sewn into the folds of your clothes

[Shinobi specific info]
Not applicable/TBA

1