Chapter 2- Don’t worry be happy
39 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up and found that the sun was already up long before me and is shining brightly, and the light is hitting on my face.

"So I fell asleep huh... ."

It could have been dangerous if some beast attacked us while I was passed out due to fatigue.

Yesterday was a long day. I got dragged into an unknown world with amnesia, and now I'm trying to help the two bears whom I met while trying to look for nearby civilization.

I felt my lap and noticed the little bear was gone. I pulled myself up and started to look around and searched the whole cave, but she wasn't here.

The sleeping mother bear is still weak and cannot move, but at least her life isn't in danger anymore.

"Where are you little bear?"

I squeezed myself and went out of the cave and started looking around.

"Where did that brat go?"

Slight panic starts to appear on my face when I moved deeper into the jungle.

Running around while yelling her name, I checked every bush and behind every rock, but she was nowhere to be seen.

I was getting worried as more time passed.

"Little Bear, where are you!" 

Finally, after searching for hours I saw her standing by the river.

"I swear this brat..."

At this point, I was a mess, while breathing heavily I approached the troublemaker. 

My throat was hurting from all the screaming, but a sense of relief poured over me after watching her unhurt.

She saw me approaching with a worried face while the body was all sweaty.

"Growl" (hey)

She said it cutely with a puzzled look.

Looking at her adorable face all my worries washed away and I couldn't bring myself to lecture her.

She resumed her fishing after looking at my relaxed face.

Well, it would be an overstatement to call it fishing since it was mostly her slipping in the water while chasing after them.

"Ahahaha..."

It was funny, so I watched it a couple of minutes and then dragged her out of the water. 

"If you run off again without informing, then you can forget about the dinner."

Picking her up on my arms I looked straight into her eyes and lightly scolded her.

She froze for a second and then

"growl growl" ( I wanted to catch fish for mother so that she can get well soon)

"Even if you say that-- "

There was complete silence for a few seconds and I realized that I understood what she said.

A conversation with a bear cub?... I'm probably imagining it because I am tired after all the running and screaming.

"Can you repeat what you said...? "

Then I recalled that she said "hey" when I got here too.

"Growl growl" (I am trying to catch fish for mom so that she can get better soon.)

She said that in an annoyed tone.

...I can understand her, but she did not say anything yesterday.

Not that I can blame her as yesterday was a scary day for both of them and I am a stranger so it's normal to be on guard.

As for her mother... I think she can talk too after recovering.

Let's consider that it's normal to talk to the beasts in this world.

"I will catch the fishes so you go and gather some fruits."

Saying that I put her down. 

"Growl!" ( Leave it to me!)

She ran to gather fruits with 

I shook my head and watched her picking red berries.

Since it could be dangerous as I don't know what kind of creatures live in the water so I made a net using vines and hid it in the riverbed and threw some berries where I placed the net.

*Blob Blob*

Soon there was a movement where I threw the berries.

*Splatter*

Noises grew rapidly so quickly I pulled the net and successfully caught a lot of fishes that looked similar to the shrimps from the earth.

I confirmed that it's not the earth not just because of all these creatures that I have never seen before, but because of three beautiful moons that were of blue, white, and red color that I saw during the night.

Among them, the Blue moon was slightly bigger than the others or maybe it looked bigger because it was closer? 

I didn't have much knowledge about the subject, so I decided not to think too much.

While I was looking at the shrimps that were the same size of a human palm. The Little bear dragged a big leaf which she was holding in her mouth and looked at me with a face that says "Pat me"

She is so cute...

"Good job little bear"

I read the mood and patted her on the head. There were a lot of berries on the leaf, she has worked hard.

I roasted shrimp at some distance from the cave so the smell doesn't lead the predators to us.

The smell pulls the little bear closer, unable to control the hunger, and too eager to wait as if she might jump into the fire to get a bite. So before she could do that I pulled her away and gave some fruits which she ate while still looking for a chance to run towards the fire and grab the shrimp.

Sun was still up when we got back, but it will an evening soon. 

"We are back".

Saying that I entered the cave.

"Growl" (we are back )

She copied me.

Entering the cave I glanced at the mother bear. Her warm expression looked like she was saying "welcome back" so I feel a little happy and slightly embarrassed at the same time.

While lighting the fire inside the cave, I let the little bear feed her mother as I haven't eaten anything the whole day.

Sitting beside the fire I looked at the shrimp that smelled delicious and was ready to eat. Unable to hold any longer I took a bite. 

The crispy flavor in my mouth made me forget about all the pain as I could feel all the fatigue melting away.

The taste could be better with salt but it is still good and before I knew it I finished everything.

 

After the meal, I crushed herbs into a paste just like yesterday and changed the mother bear's bandages.

"You will be able to walk soon."

After assuring her, I buried the bandages in the ground so that smell won't attract predators. 

I was sitting outside the cave and carving a wooden sculpture, the little bear came and sat beside me while staring at the wood that was slowly coming into a shape that she knows well.

Her face lit up after looking at the finished carving. 

"Do you like it?"

I asked the little bear who was happily looking at it.

*Growl!" (Very much!)

Is what she said.

I patted and gave the sculpture to her.

She held it on her small paws while admiring it.

It was a carving of mother bear standing tall on the ground and looking at the sky.

It's not perfect but is still good enough for the first try.

"I'll make one resembling you next."

I said it while looking at her playful expression.

"Growl" (you won't be able to capture my cuteness in a sculpture.)

She smirked as if challenging me.

I looked at her with a dumbfounded face.

"Oh, Bring it on!"

Ya, I am a fool to get provoked so easily by a bear cub and because of that, I ended up making a lot of carvings until she was satisfied. 

When I looked up... it was already dark.

"Let's go inside"

I got inside the cave, followed by the little bear.

The next day I woke up and saw the mother bear looking at the little bear that was still sleeping with a smug on her face while surrounded by the sculptures.

"I really got overboard yesterday."

Time sure passes fast when you get immersed in something.

2