The Drive
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So let me get this straight they’re going to frame you for the murder of your dead wife, and some banker guy and we’re still going after the girl?” Dariüse inquires. “Look we find that little girl we find something the G.B.P really wants. So badly they would openly kill for it. So yes I’m gonna find it first and bring hell with me.” Stan states plainly. “Can’t argue with that.” Dariüse says in agreement. “So where do we find her?” He asks. “There’s a trader town in Alaska. I'll ask around there, see what we come up with.” Stan replies.

           They drive for about 14 hours. When they reach the town they all look around and stretch. “Fuck man I don’t know how much more I can do this car shit I’m a big dude.” Dariüse complains. Stan looks at him and rolls his eyes. “You’ll live. Plus you ain’t even driving so what you complaining about?” Stan says mockingly. “That don’t make it any less uncomfortable for me though.” Dariüse responds. “Whatever?” Stan says being done with Dariüse’s complaining. Quiet laughs at the interaction.

         Stan finds a local trader and begins asking questions. Dariüse finds a bear trinket and pays for it. Quiet stops to admire some art. While Stan is questioning people he notices a hooded girl start to move quickly away from them. Stan catches up and grabs her by the wrist. “Hey I just wanna talk.” Stan says calmly. “You’re the Hunter that's supposed to kill me, why should I trust you?” Claire spits back. “Look I know what you have heard…..” Stan begins but, Claire takes out a pocket knife and stabs Stan in the shoulder. Stan lets go of her wrist and she takes off. Stan takes off after her holding his shoulder. Dariüse and Quiet only seeing Stan runoff, chase after him. Claire runs into a dead end and Stan catches up to her. She gets ready to defend herself. Stan holds up his hands. “Look, I’m not here to hurt you.” Stan pulls the pocket knife out of his shoulder and holds it out to Claire. “Here I promise I’m not here to hurt you. I came to find out why they wanted you and your mom dead in the first place.” Stan says calmly. Claire grabs the knife. She takes off her necklace and holds it out for Stan. “Here I don’t want it anymore. I’m tired of looking over my shoulder, I’m tired of people chasing me, I’m tired of hoping my mom will find me here one day.” She breaks down and begins to cry. Stan hugs her close. He then looks her in the eyes. “I promise you once I take this no one will ever come looking for you again. OK.” Stan states and looks at her reassuringly. She nods her head in agreement. He gives her one last reassuring look. Stan walks away. He sees that Dariüse and Quiet had been watching.

 “AWW look at you being good with kids and shit. Even after she stabbed you Hahahahaha.” Dariüse teases. “Shut up.” Stan says back. “Why don’t we find her somewhere safe to go?” Dariüse asks. Stan explains. “Because everyone we come in contact with we put at risk and if I start playing favorites they’ll try to use that against us. I have the USB and her mom is dead, no other reason for her to be involved anymore.” “He’s got a point. Best thing would probably just leave her be.” Quiet says in agreement. “Well I wish her the best on her own. You really kept your cool even though she stabbed you.” Dariüse teases again. “She’s just a child scared for her life. When we used to serve I saw some kids like her. They don’t truly understand what’s going on. All they know is someone’s coming to take everything they own and murder everyone they love and it’s up to them to defend themselves. Can’t take your anger and hatred out on a child.” Stan says solemnly. “Still impressive things could have easily gotten ugly.” Dariüse compliments. (Chukling) “Yeah I guess so.” Stan says. “So what do you wanna do about the drive?” Quiet questions. “Find out what’s on it and use it however I can.” Stan replies. “Well fair enough. I may know someone who can help, but we gotta get to Florida.” Quiet tells him.

 “And how do you suggest we do that?” Dariüse inquires. “I don’t suggest the car. That hunter from last night most likely has been tracking that car this whole time.” Stan says. “Yeah, I know. We're gonna need some things.” Quiet says. “Like what?” Ask Dariüse. Quiet responds. “Like a drink.” Quiet has a stressed look on his face. He begins to have flashbacks. He sees himself shooting at G.B.P Peace Agents, while explosions go off around him. The next image is of him shooting someone in the head. Then an image of people pumping their fist chanting. Lastly he thinks back to the women in the bunker and then the attack on the bunker. Quiet looks to the sky and sighs. (Quietly to himself.) Can’t hide forever.

            That night they stop in a local tavern to have some drinks. Dariüse after a few drinks is dancing and singing with the locals in the tavern. Quiet sits down next to Stan. “You sure you and him are ready to go through with this?” Quiet asks plainly. “What choice do we have?” Stan questions back. Quiet trying to reason with Stan. “After we find out what’s on the drive we could just call it quits. I mean we did it, we found the drive, we found out why they killed your wife. They were tryna kill you for not killing that woman. What more are you wanting? Why are we doing this Stan?” Stan, now starting to get irritated, responds. “I’m doing this cause there are things that still need answered. Who signed me up for the games? Why are they using hunters as assassins? Who’s trying to kill us?” “Look, I’m not saying we don’t get the people after us. I’m just saying how far does this go? What are you really after?” Quiet questions. Stan turns and looks Quiet in the eyes.

          “FOR THEM TO PAY. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN GOING ON ABOUT? I’M NOT STOPPING UNTIL EVERY SINGLE LITTLE FUCK A PART OF THE G.B.P ANSWERS FOR THEIR CRIMES. THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME, AND I’M GONNA TAKE EVEN MORE FROM THEM!!!” Stan screams angrily. 

              “LOOK THIS ISN’T JUST ABOUT YOU, FUCKING IDIOT YOU TAKE ON THE G.B.P AND IT’S A WAR. YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN WAR RIGHT MISTER SOLDIER BOY. AND YOU’RE NOW DRAGGING US AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND WE KNOW ALONG FOR THIS DAMN DEATH RIDE. SO YES THINK LONG AND FUCKING HARD HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO GO FOR THIS HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE YOU WILLING TO SCARIFCE IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE, REVENGE, OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA CALL IT.” Quiet screams back.

             The tavern gets real quiet and everyone begins to look around. Dariüse looks over at Stan and Quiet. “Look I’m sorry about what happened at the bunker. I truly never meant to drag you into this, or destroy your way of life. And I never asked Dariüse to come along but I appreciate his company all the same. I’m not saying I’m right, I’m not saying I ain’t worried or sorry about every single person I have affected along the way. I didn’t start this war but I god damn will finish it that’s for sure.” Stan says sympathetically but stern. Stan stands up and leaves the tavern. Dariüse walks over and sits next to Quiet. “Y’all sure know how to enjoy a party.” Dariüse chuckles. “Whatever.” Quiet says. He finishes his drink get’s up and leaves the tavern. Dariüse shrugs his shoulders. “BARTENDER ANOTHER ROUND!!!” He shouts with a cheer.

           The next day Stan and Dariüse meet Quiet on the local docks. “So what are we doing out here?” Dariüse asks. Quiet doesn’t say anything, just stares off into the distance. A second later a cargo ship appears. When they board the ship they are greeted by a tall, dark slender man. He smiles a great big smile when he sees Quiet. “Suh mi si di rumas chuu mon.” Agwe says in a thick Jamaican accent with a chuckle. “Don’t you start you salty dog, I'm just helping an old friend is all.” Quiet says back. “Whateva yuh sey. Gud tuh si yuh back out inna di light brotha.” Agwe states. They shake up. “Who dem be?” Agwe inquires. “My old friends unfortunately.” Quiet replies. “Welcome abraad brothas!” Agwe says with open arms. “Thanks for having us.” Stan responds. “So I guess I’m gonna be the one to do it…… Are you a Wokou?” Dariüse inquires.” Really?” Stan looks at Dariüse. Agwe laughs. “Aye, now wah wud gi yuh dat idea bucko?” Agwe asks mockingly. “Well see you got a cutlass, a robotic peg leg, a bulletproof vest, and when you talk like that……” Dariüse starts. Quiet cuts in. “He’s fucking with you of course he’s a pirate.” Stan shakes his head. Dariüse shrugs. “Hey I didn’t wanna assume.” “Racist.” Stan says jokingly. “See that right there?” Dariüse points at Stan. Everybody laughs. Agwe takes a long look at Stan. “Yuh luk familiar, yuh di man di G.B.P. be wanting?” Agwe inquires. “Yeah.” Stan replies solemnly. “Well nuh luk suh dung, wi nuh fucks wid di G.B.P. round here mon. Dem bumboclaat nuh own nuhting round here.” Agwe says cheerfully. “So are we sailing all the way to Florida from here?” Dariüse asks. “Mi taking yuh tuh a airport in Cali, an den from there yuh wi fly tuh Florida.” Agwe answers. “As long as there’s no more sitting in a car I’m good.” Dariüse replies.

            It takes them three days to reach San Francisco. Dariüse spends the three days getting to know Agwe and some of his crew. Stan spent his time mainly working out. While Quiet spent the time locked in his cabin. When they arrive Agwe see’s them off. “Now yuh nuh worry yuh hear, me get a feeling mi be seeing yuh real soon Likkle more brothas.” Agwe sends them off. And with that they left to find a plane to Florida. --End of the tenth issue???

0