Ch 9 | Fourth Brother Fainted!
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Crazy Romeo?"

 

What kind of name is that? What were his parents thinking while naming him?

 

"Yeah! That's what other people call him." Qinling kept staring at the feeble Wang Ming as he continued running around the track, not feeling any pain or fatigue. Looking at him, he really looks like ‘Crazy Romeo’.

 

"Uh? But why?" Not understanding the meaning behind Qinling's words, the friend beside her asked out.

 

"Fang, Do you remember Luo Qiqi?"Instead of answering her friend's question, Qinling turned towards her friend and counter questioned.

 

Her friend, Lin Fang, one of the top beauty of the university, was first shocked then nodded with a face painted in sorrow, and replied back, "Of course, she was our roommate for an entire year. How can I forget such a lovely girl?"

 

"If even we get sad remembering her, just after spending a year with her, think what will happen to someone who spent his entire life since childhood with her?"

 

"You.. you mean?" Coming to realisation after Qinling's words, Lin Fang got up from the ground and her gaze concentrated on the crazy guy in the playground.

 

Qinling nodded her head, "That's right. He's Qiqi's childhood friend and the boy Qiqi saved that day, sacrificing her own life."

 

The duo stared at the pale face of Wang Ming, maintaining silence for a while, before Qinling continued again, "After that day, he suffered a huge mental trauma and is unable to recover from that. According to my friends, he suddenly stopped talking with others, he started isolating himself and every morning he started venting out his emotions on his body just like this. In short, he's just not killing himself but his life is no better than dead."

 

"Ah?!" Lin Fang was surprised. She can't believe that in this date and age, someone can still waste their own life for someone who's no more here and is guaranteed to not return.

 

Since when we have good emotional people in our society?

 

'But why?' She thought. 

 

The duo fell silent and continued looking at him. 

 

Oblivious to the girls talking about him, Wang Ming, on the other hand, was thinking about something else, 'After the accident, is my nervous system down? Why can't I feel anything the more I run?'

 

The more he was using his body energy, the more he started feeling a peculiar type of numbness throughout his body, even though he can still control and perceive his body parts, but he's not able to receive any feedback from them. 

 

The pain he should be feeling in his limbs and lungs, after running so long at such high speed was not there. The dizziness he should be feeling after running out of body energy was also lost. It was like his body was tapping on the hidden potential in itself at the cost of something important, like his senses, ability of movement or something even more important, like his life?

 

A rare but faint smile crept onto his face, thinking about this.

 

Isn’t this too good? 

 

Like a crazy person, he increased his speed! Let's trade my life and enjoy this speed!

 

But when he just completed half a lap with the increased speed and was passing by the corner where Qinling and Lin Fang were standing, his entire body suddenly lost control and as a toy drained out of battery, his body fell.

 

Thud.

 

Darkness surrounded him and he was lost.

 

"Ah?!" Lin Fang and Qinling both were surprised. 

 

Heck! Wasn’t he running super fast right now?

 

What’s with sudden change? Is he acting?

 

Doesn’t look like it.

 

"Is… he dead?" Qinling asked, pointing towards the fallen body of Wang Ming.

 

Not knowing what to say, Lin Fang shook her head and said, "I hope not, but let's check it"

 

"Hmm"

 

Then the duo walked forward and reached the fallen body of Wang Ming. His face was planted into the ground while his body was still like a mountain.

 

Both the girls were nervous but they can’t just leave him. Finally, Lin Fang gathered her courage and then bent down to turn his body. As soon as she touched him, she felt a warmth radiating out from his body.

 

Phew~ Still warm… not dead yet.

 

"I think he just fainted." Turning towards Qinling, she said.

 

"Haiz…it's good to know that. You should look after him for a while and I'll try to contact his roommates."

 

"Uh...ok" Lin Fang hesitated but at last she agreed.

 

Getting the approval of her friend, Qinling ran towards the central area of the playground where few boys were still doing pushups, surrounded by the girls.

 

Peacock society was unaffected by other things. Their target? To find mates. How can they get distracted?

 

Lin Fang took a deep breath and bent down again, using her entire strength she pushed Wang Ming's body from one side, making him turnover and facing the sky.

 

His face was still pale as if his blood was sucked out of his body. His breathing calm and ripple less as if he wasn't exercising just now. But the most peculiar thing was a faint smile on his face.

 

Even in such a condition, his faint smile was shining brightly, clearing the foggy surrounding around him.

 

"Why is he smiling? Didn't Qinling said, he stopped showing any expressions on his face after that incident… Wait! Did he think that he'd die today and he intentionally increased his speed, taking his body to the limit?" Lin Fang's body shuddered as she continued speaking.

 

This guy is crazy! Shouldn’t get involved with him in future.

 

……

 

At this point of time, a commotion broke out in Wang Ming's dorm room after receiving a call from Qinling.

 

"Fourth Brother Ming fainted in the playground!" 

4