Chapter 23: God Created All Types Of People Unfortunately Assholes Are One Of Em
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thomas, hearing this request, lamented in his mind for having a master with zero societal understandings. Still, like a good lackey, he obeyed and led his young master to the back. 

The average humans did not catch what Haruto said due to how rambunctious and chaotic the tavern was. But the adventurers and shady individuals clearly heard this comment. Thus drawing their attention fully on the handsome young man and his exotic pet. At first, the nobles paid no heed to the two approaching their zone. In their minds, no sane person would be foolish enough to disregard accepted norms. Besides, the strapping blond hair lad appeared to be of noble birth and had a great taste of slaves. 

With Thomas leading the way, Haruto decided to put on the act of an illustrious individual. He proudly stuck out his chest and exaggeratedly walked, so the coin pouch shook with his every step. Listen to that, plebeians. Listen to the sound of my wealth. 

Finally, once the two sat down at a table, Haruto noticed that a pig of a man was greedily staring him down. I am indeed handsome, but you, my fat friend, are not my type.

A waitress approached the two, and Haruto noticed she had two cat ears instead of human ones.

Becoming giddy with excitement. Haruto winked and purred, "mademoiselle, you are stunning." Ah French, the language of picking a girl up.

Thomas greeted as a noble should, with a stoic face and a nod. Though the more lecherous types of nobles would have mimicked Haruto.

The waitress shot a refreshing smile that rejuvenated Haruto’s heart and made him feel that spring had finally arrived. She curtsied, “I have never seen you here before sir, what would you desire.” 

“My fair lady, I will let you decide what would best suit my palate for money is no issue, and I know someone as charming as you will pick something scrumptious.” Haruto felt quite pleased with his game, all those sim dating games finally paid off. 

To his surprise, the waitress did not reply to his glorious flirtation. She acted as if she heard nothing at all as she shot that beautiful smile at Thomas. 

Thomas felt a bit awkward, not knowing what he should do as he knew the young master would be discriminated against due to his looks. As a demihuman, the waitress was either a slave or an undesirable she would be in for a beating if she replied to Haruto. Did he not hear a word I said about the status of demihumans, perhaps they go for a different term on his planet. I am uncertain about how his translation spell works. There may be discrepancies between words and their meanings. “We would like one of everything on the menu and bring out the best ale for my companion and me.” 

Haruto had become quite anxious as he tried to figure out why he was ignored, which made the prying eyes of the lard man more and more apparent. Finally, his anxiety turned into anger. So I can pick up an ugly piglet but not the cat girl of my dreams... Sadistsama, you fiend. Haruto shot daggers at the pig looking fellow who had been staring at him since entering. 

Seeing Haruto stare at him like this, a disgusting smile became etched on sir lard’s face. He noisily began moving towards Thomas’s table, causing mini tremors. The entire noble section became quiet once the pig moved, and all the nobles' eyes followed in fear. Many sighs of relief were heard when the pig walked by them without saying anything.

Finally arriving, the lard producer took his eyes off of Haruto and looked down upon the currently dashing Thomas. The pig grunted, “How much for the exotic beast?”

“Uh, come again.” Thomas clearly understood the question, but acted confused as he thought of a way to defuse the situation. Is there a curse upon me or something? First, I almost get killed by an otherworlder, now a pig lard shall incite a massacre that will bring the holy church crashing down upon me. There are too many witnesses, I can't cast death magic without someone seeing. 

The fatty snapped, “You heard me how much for this thing!” A hot-dog sized finger abruptly appeared near Haruto’s face. “Come now, I don’t have all night. Now state your price, and the transaction will be complete. I still have guests to attend to.” Saying this, many words had caused the man to sweat profusely. Still, he persevered to obtain this delectable specimen. 

Thomas now understood the man was thickheaded. Thomas was stupefied by how some people couldn’t see the shadow of death looming so close to them.

 The whole bar became quiet as a standoff of sorts happened with Thomas being stupefied into muteness and the lardy becoming ever more impatient for a reply.

The man spat, “Bah, you have taken too long. I was in a good mood and wanted to be generous and pay you, but now I will merely take this beast as my own. You thing, are now my slave. Come, we have many things to do.” The fat man attempted to grab Haruto.

 The wretched stench of grease awoke Haruto, who was still trying to figure out where he went wrong in his moves. If I ever return to earth, I'm getting a refund on those sim games, the most realistic dating scenario you’ll experience my ass. Did someone dump grease in here? Looking up, Haruto quickly dodged the clammy hands.

His hands are slimier than the toad general's. Is he also a demihuman? I thought Thomas said they were slaves, but here we have a pig noble, and as expected of a pig, he lacks etiquette. “Are you human?” Haruto merely asked a simple question once he adequately digested the audacity of this pigman.

The present nobles gasped. 

The waitress slowly backed away from the table and thanked Ezekiel that she did not reply to the eccentric demihuman. I guess noble's demihuman slaves forget their place. Does he not fear death?

“What?” A good helping of saliva came with this question, one that sputtered on Haruto’s face.

Haruto wiped the spit away and continued. “I asked, are you human? The shit coming out of your mouth is not reminiscent of something that should come from a human’s mouth. Does a distant cousin of the human race exist that is unable to communicate because shit endlessly flows from their mouth? What evolutionary advantages did that give, I wonder? Perhaps the smell scared away all the predators, but wouldn’t that smell scare mates? Tell me, my distant cousin, what advantages does the shit flowing from that trap give you."

The pigman was huffing and puffing. His face had become completely red, and though no words were coming out, his mouth was completely open.  

Haruto laughed at the red-faced pig and apologized, "I must first find someone fluent in shit before we can properly converse.”

The pigman swallowed his anger and seethed, “Do not believe you are special because I took some interest in you, you lowly demihuman. Do you even comprehend who you are talking to?”

A few seconds of awkward silence prevailed as Haruto looked around as if waiting for someone to tell him who this piggy was. And what does he mean lowly-demihuman? Do the pig people think they are an advanced race?

Everyone made sure not to meet Haruto's eyes, afraid they would be dragged into the pig's rage.

The pigman had a smug face as if Haruto’s silence reflected that Haruto realized who he had dared to offend.  I love the fear in their eyes, the looks of despair as they beg for my mercy. I will enjoy your begs, little demon.

Finally, after becoming bored, Haruto spoke again. “Well, don’t keep me waiting, do you wish for me to guess." He pondered, "Are you perhaps a famous piggy? Were you cursed as a baby by a witch, so you’ll look like a pig until you get a kiss from your one true love? Are you a pig who was experimented on by a crazed mage, giving you the ability to walk on two legs and talk? Wait no no no are you a man who was bitten by a were pig and every full moon turns into one. No, no, no, are you just a normal pig, and in this world, they can mimic humans by walking on two legs and speaking? There are too many theories, my good pig. You must cut to the chase and tell me which of my theories are correct.”

Thomas couldn't help but snicker after hearing these lines of questioning. Such cases of crazed mages experimenting were rare but did happen. Even the nobles struggled to contain their giggles, they were forced to drink wine, to hide their faces. Some patted their lips with napkins as if something were on their face. 

On the other hand, the adventures and shady characters quickly burst into loud laughter. They didn't know who this lad unafraid of death was, but at least his final moments were funny. 

The pig man’s face became increasingly red until turning purple as his anger boiled over, and he hissed through clenched teeth. “I am Boris, the craven. Viscount of Wessex. I am known for feeding on people like you who joyously call me fat. Do not worry, demihuman scum. You are not the first person to talk up such a big game. But after your first piece of flesh is sliced off while you are awake and you watch as my chef seasons and cooks it bit by bit to feed my hunger. Will you truly understand how unfortunate you were to be born. And you noble, how is it that you come to my territory, to my bar, to my party without even knowing who I am?”

Thomas looked around in confusion, not expecting this. You mortals all look alike, how should I know you were someone special.

Haruto, on the other hand, continued his assault “What nonsense are you speaking? The only person I, your father feeds is thy mother and trust me you unfilial pig she is full for a week after I’m done.” Then Haruto began to fake sorrow, “I was always worried about you. I always told your mother that it was not healthy for you to eat so much, but she was always so busy drinking my nectar that she ignored you. I don’t blame you, son. I blame the gods for giving me such a rich and tasteful nectar. If only it wasn’t so delicious, perhaps your mother would have paid more attention to you. But fear not for your father is here today and will gladly give you the attention you so desire.”

Once again, the tavern burst into hysterical laughter, even the commoners and nobles who knew how insane Boris was, could no longer restrain themselves.

Boris dabbed his forehead with a napkin and smiled viciously. “Good good, you surely have big balls. I can’t wait to roast them and dip them in chocolate. Guards quickly apprehend this animal.” 

Four royal knights appeared headed by a runic knight causing everyone to gasp at such a sight. In this world, a runic knight could go toe to toe with a lake ranked magus, someone who’s magical strength was as deep as a lake. In this world’s hierarchy, a runic knight would be considered somewhat powerful. He could flex his power in most 4th rate city-states, even becoming a powerful count in some. 

Boris, the craven, was not feared due to his physical powers as being an obese man made him quite useless in a fight. No, his real power came into play before the battle began, and that power was wealth. Wealth is the one power that is common on both our planet and a reincarnated one. How else could a viscount afford a runic knight if not because they were swimming in coins?

You might be able to fly in the sky, shoot fireballs, or create world bending spells but whoopty fucking do. The greatest of heroes will be buried in a nameless grave if they don’t have the money to buy a proper one, and the richest man will be buried as a king. Yes, you are stronger than the guy with money, but who cares when he hires 10 guys who are twenty times stronger than you to beat the ever-loving shit out of you. But even wealth will fall short when the resources needed are not available at the time. If a 1000-year-old lich who could cast grand magus level magic couldn't best Haruto, it would be a cold day in hell before a runic knight does. And Ladies and gentlemen, it appears to be quite hot today.

Boris not knowing who the fuck he fuckled with sneered. “You foolish demihuman I was going to take you in as a servant. Perhaps have you perform for me to show off to my friends. But something as dumb as you, deserves nothing better than to be my supper. Hahahahahaha.”

2