Chapter 53: So We Meet Again Old Man!!!
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they neared the building, Thomas looked about in surprise. His noble face began to distort. Moving close to Haruto, he whispered, "You aren't going to like where we are headed, young master."

Before Haruto could ask what he meant. 

Requis in a robe burst from within the building, smiling at Haruto with expectation. "Finally, you have arrived, my apprentice."

To the surprise of Thomas, a huge smile was plastered on Haruto's face, and a giddiness could be felt emanating from him. Ah, has Sadistsama been defeated? To be delivered to this old fuck. The righteous gods smile upon me. Holding back his excitement, Haruto exclaimed, "Old man, I haven't been this excited since HOD3 was announced. Today I will pay you back for last time, in full plus interest."

Requis's aura matched the giddiness from Haruto as he retorted, "I see your bravado hasn't left since our last meeting. Good, I shall beat it out of you with my own hands."

Dropping into his fighting stance, Haruto smirked, "No, it hasn't. But worry not, I shall leave my foot up your ass." A hysterical laugh began to flow from Haruto's mouth. I'm excited. More excited than playing HOD, if that's even possible. I'm so excited. Dare I say I am turned on?

Requis looked between the group and waved at Thomas, "Mister lich is that you? You clean up nice, but that smell of death is hard to hide."

An unbecoming smile crept up on Thomas's face, "Soon you shall be tasting death" Thomas pulled out his wand, chanting a spell. 

Seeing Thomas act, the siblings drew their weapons and pointed them towards Thomas.

Fumiko glared at Thomas in anger. Finally, the time had come to deal with this undead abomination. "What do you think you are doing, monster?" While glaring at Thomas, she also tried to calm down Haruto, "I don't know what has happened. But we can talk this over. No need to fight."

Kentaro also tried to calm everyone down, "Let's stop before things get out of hand. If you two end up going all out, the surrounding buildings might be destroyed."

Genki, on the other hand, egged them on, "Beat his ass, old man. Show him your weeble powers, boy."

Thomas cackled as he undid his transformation and a black robe wrapped around his body, "What am I doing? I am helping my young master strike down this foolish mortal." Thomas unleashed a blast of dark energy at Requis. 

As the blast shot out, Fumiko swung her warhammer at the back of Thomas's head.

Before either attack could land, the aura of both Haruto and Requis blasted out, stopping the attacks in their tracks.

Haruto finally stopped cackling, and venomously stared Thomas down. "You are a little late to be helping me. Next time, come when I'm unable to defend myself and am being molested. Now, however, I will show you how I get shit done. So just sit back, relax, and cheer me on."

Requis scoffed at the three siblings, "I'm not so old to need the protection of you baby chicks who only just recently learned to fly." Then he focused back on Haruto, "I hope you can back up that talk. By the way, how was your beauty sleep? Can't have you blaming this loss on being tired now, can we." Requis threw back the robe revealing his grey armor. I'll hold back so he may save face. Youngsters should have some self-esteem.

Haruto tightened his fist, then smiled. "Allow me to show you just how well-rested I really am." Skill activated Taunt. A quick one-inch punch blasted forward.

Requis chuckled at first but seeing the devastating punch again, a cold sweat went down his back. Not wanting to take the hit head-on, he quickly sidestepped. The shot grazed his rib, knocking him back into the building.

Seeing Requis go flying, Fumiko intended to intervene. Not out of worry for Requis, but for Haruto. Before she could move, Kentaro grabbed her shoulder, shaking his head in dissuasion.  

Thomas laughed uncontrollably, "Big talk, little results. To think you strutted into our domain with such little power." 

"Combat Detected. Activating HUD." "Name: Requis. Class: ???. Level: Incalculable Basic comprehension activated. Recalculating. Class: Monk (Assassin Subclass) Danger rating: Black. Seeing the HUD, Haruto frowned. Well, fuck a duck. It seems this was indeed a death flag.

Amidst Thomas's laughter, the wind around the building began to pick up as if a storm was brewing. With blood dripping down his grey armor Requis walked upright out of the door brushing the dust off his shoulders. "You have already used your special…Sigh* It seems you need to understand the word restraint." Requis dashed back into battle, throwing swift, controlled punches at Haruto's vitals.

Haruto ducked and weaved about, moving fluidly around the punches, but he could not dodge all of them. The longer he sat on the defense, the more damage was inflicted upon him. 

Requis threw punch after punch without letting up. He noticed Haruto was becoming winded and was dodging less. In the middle of the barrage, Requis's knee shot directly into Haruto's gut. Requis smirked, thinking the fight was over. But to his surprise, Haruto had grabbed hold of his knee, firmly holding him in place. 

"So what if you are a master? I have 100000s of hours strategizing in fights. You are quick I'll give you that, so I'll just hold you right here instead." I refuse to lose to this old fart for a second time. Now is the time to go beyond my limits. Skill activated* Warrior's Soul. Haruto's arm cranked back, preparing to deliver a heavy attack. Unloading like a rifle, his fist landed a devastating point-blank blow that rearranged Requis's insides. Again Haruto cranked back his arm, this time preparing for an even heavier punch.

Seeing this, Requis used wind magic to swiften his other leg, kicking Haruto in the side of the head as the punch landed. Not only freeing his leg but lessening the damage from the punch. Jumping back, Requis jokingly jeered, "Now that I feel it with my leg, you really are hardheaded, ahaha."

Haruto shuffled back as his thoughts became unfocused. In anger, he threw random heavy attacks that caused rifts in the air as Requis landed on the ground.

Moving his hands in a circle as Requis diverted the air punches with ease. Once more jumping in the air, Requis launched two wind punches in quick succession. 

Haruto raised his arms to block the hits, allowing Requis the opportunity to close the distance and unleash a strong spiritual attack through his palm.

The palm knocked the wind out of Haruto, causing him to stagger. Damn, if I had my croc gear or my herculean gloves, this would be so much easier. FUCK. Why do I have to lose to this pervert? Haruto tried to catch his balance as his breathing became heavy.

Requis didn't let up, however, and once again went in for quick fluid punches aimed at Haruto's vitals.

Haruto tried to dodge, but Requis, seemingly going for a punch, feinted and sent a well-placed kick to Haruto's chest. "Tsk tsk. You still have much to learn." 

Haruto stumbled onto the ground. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Requis leaped forward, ready to stomp on the fallen Haruto. 

Instead of dodging, Haruto, in his growing anger, threw heavy punches from his down position forcing Requis back as he was unable to block them all.

Seeing the barrage, Requis tightened his core. Extending his legs, a cannon of air shot from both his legs, crushing Haruto inches into the ground. Spit flew from Haruto's mouth as the last bit of air in his lungs was forcibly expunged. Requis lightly landed on the ground, unperturbed by Haruto's reckless assault. And here I was thinking of trying. 

Haruto dragged himself from the ground like a cornered predator. His eyes were extremely narrow, as if searching for an opening to strike. 

Neither noticed nor cared, but the two men were back in the positions where they started. 

Haruto looked winded, and his earlier excitement was missing. Pain was coursing throughout his body, taunting him. He hadn't felt this weak since fighting Bonesama. At least against the bear, he stood a chance, but here he was being played with like a loli with her creepy uncle.

Requis, on the other hand, still looked at ease except for the blood flowing from his side. Seeing the broken look on Haruto's face, Requis reprimanded himself. Not good. I might have gone a tad too far. Believing he had taught Haruto a bit too much humility. Requis half-jokingly offered a way out for Haruto, "Shall we call it before you get injured? I don't mind letting you rest as my future student." 

Seeing pity from the old perverted man, Haruto reflected. He died a virgin because of Beelzebub. He was forcibly reincarnated and pissed himself because of Sadistsama. Finally, when he found some happiness with Yuuta and the stooges, he was dragged away. Not a second went by when he didn't dream of his old life, which gave him super depression. Now he had to be someone's disciple when he just wanted to be left alone. Should he call himself unlucky or attribute it to his MC status.

What is this? Is this hell? Did I get reincarnated for this... this play? A doll that dances to Sadist-sama's fucked up tune? Yes, this is all a big joke, and my death is the punchline. Aha, I was better off staying with Beelzebub than falling into the hands of this super sadist. Haruto began laughing and raised both his arms in defeat. "Ahaha. I concede."

Requis was somewhat stunned by the easy admittance of defeat and even lowered his stance, "What? Nonsense. Did I mishear you?" I pushed him too far. I meant to reduce his pride, not murder it.

Haruto crazily shook his head while laughing, "Truly, I concede. In a battle of skill, you far outrank me. It appears my gaming hours really mean fuck all in an actual fight." Is it really so easy? Did I really believe I would become some OP shit talker when my powers come from the ultimate troll? Should I have been content with my quiet life? No, Beezlebub was right; I hungered for a more exciting life. I was so far gone that I ignored reality and made VR my world. Now, look at me. Getting beat down by an old man, stuck in a new and foreign world. Even if I died, Sadistsama would just reincarnate me into a new hell... How exciting!!! I want more. I regret nothing more than not dying sooner.

Requis eyed Haruto with suspicion, "So you are willing to concede defeat and become my apprentice." 

Haruto, however, defied his expectations, "NO! I concede that I can't defeat you. I concede that I was a fuck up in life. I concede that sadist-sama got me good. I even concede my life is meaningless. I concede all these things. But so what? As a crazed lunatic once said, I am hungry. I am starved. So come. I will carve out a meal of happiness with my own two hands, only then shall I be satiated." Rising lunacy could be felt in Haruto's aura, unlike anything anyone had seen before. I will consume Sadistsama. I will consume Beezlebub. I will consume you all.

Requis tilted his head in confusion at Haruto's rant. But then his eyes narrowed as he sensed a deep-rooted craze revealing itself from within Haruto. Such unbridled hunger. He had never felt such desire before, and Requis had fought some of the most battle starved and relentless creatures this continent had to offer. For the first time in a very long time, Requis's instincts screamed at him to run, causing him to lose focus in a battle.

The next thing Requis saw was a fist barreling inches from his face. The punch's full damage smashed into his face before he could react. Requis's body crumpled like paper. This time it was Haruto who did not let up as he dashed towards the downed Requis, throwing another one-inch punch as he made his way.

Sensing another attack, the downed Requis rolled backwards onto his feet, narrowly dodging the attack. "Impossible, you could only do that attack once last time." Focusing up, Requis threw stronger controlled strikes to slow Haruto down.

Haruto ignored the strikes, taking them on with no protection. Unshaken by the hits, Haruto countered with a mixture of heavy punches and one-inch punches. A barrage of strikes pelted Requis without rest. Any strike thrown at Haruto did nothing more than fuel his anger. Blood was running down Haruto's face, but his eyes shined bright with fulfillment. The lunatic aura, no longer satisfied with its position, began to bubble over the shogun aura.

With reddening eyes, Haruto roared as he charged forward, "I will devour you." The two auras battled for supremacy, causing microexplosions inside Haruto's body. The blood-drenched Haruto fit the image of a demon. "Then, I will devour your soul." The crazed aura began gaining the upper hand, feeding off of Haruto's mental instability. "Then, I will devour its soul." Finally, the lunatic aura started to actually consume the shogun aura. Title activated: CHOSEN SON OF GLUTTONY. "I will reduce you to nothingness, not even memories shall remain once I'm finished." Crazed, specter-like eyes formed behind Haruto as if monitoring the situation.

Requis became overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of Haruto's aura alone. Yet, he was more worried for his opponent than himself. At the current rate, Haruto would fight till he bled out. To avoid this, Requis decided to break off his defense to restrain Haruto. Moving his hand in a circle, Requis jabbed through as his fist shined a pure white aura. "Roaring Lion." A majestic white lion materialized from the circle and charged headfirst into Haruto's barrage. 

Instead of retreating, Haruto cackled, continuing his forward march as if unperturbed by the danger of this attack. Two heavy punches slammed into the white lion. But no matter the attack, the lion dashed forward. Finally, the lion was upon Haruto. Swiping at him with claws made of wind that were sharp as a sword. Each swipe cut deep into Haruto's flesh. Pieces of bone could be seen, but that only made Haruto more menacing and devilish.

Gathering aura Requis coughed up blood. He staggered forward, becoming pale-faced from using so much of his spiritual aura. He wiped the blood off his mouth. Seems I'm getting old. Only an old fool would dare to hold back in battle. Look at him giving his all, for what? For my weak response? You want a battle with our lives on the line? I shall meet your challenge, boy. 

As Haruto battled to slow down the Lion. Requis took a deep breath to prepare himself, then pulled his fist back. A surge of aura and air began to funnel towards Requis until his entire body was hidden. The air became deathly still, not just around the adventurer's building, but the whole town.

The lion began to dissipate as the wind became still. Even weakened the lion battered and cut into Haruto with relentless ferocity. Only when it had fully expended its remaining energy did the lion let out one last roar, before disappearing into the wind.

Crazed and heavily injured, Haruto felt goosebumps forming on his arms as he watched Requis with excitement. This is what I wanted. I wanted to fight like in the anime and manga. Video games could only fill part of the void, but never fully. "Come, old man. Meet your doom."

How long has it been since someone looked at me like that? So long, I have been trapped in this forgotten city. I've grown so weak... Ha, but not weak enough to lose. For reminding me of the joys of battle, accept my thanks. With determination etched on his paling face, Requis whispered, "Still wind moving fist." His armor turned a dark grey hue that was almost black as he unleashed the punch. The punch was surreal, shaking the surroundings as if judgment day had arrived. The wind forcibly formed a giant fist. The fist seemed to travel slow, but as if it could enter the void, it appeared and disappeared covering the distance in seconds.

Haruto felt the touch of death woven into Requis's words.

The three siblings gawked at such an absurd attack before huddling together for protection.

Even Thomas stepped back in fear.

Haruto hesitated then grinned.  I'll stake it all here. My pride. My resolve. My regret. Taking a deep breath. Haruto's aura spiked. Skill activated Warrior’s Soul.  Around the crazed eyes, his shogun's aura materialized into a physical form as a suit of armor. Moving his hand to his side, Haruto grasped as if reaching for the hilt of a katana. Mimicking him the Shogun-Lunacy apparition also made a hilt grabbing motion. All of his aura siphoned until a pitch-black hilt appeared. Skill activated One with the blade. "Ōkui no ken" Drawing his hand a pitch-black katana unsheathed that cut open space. With one swing the sword disappeared from existence. Only the slice in reality proved its attack.

No one around could believe how crazy powerful these two are. Only Thomas amongst the four would stand even a slight chance against one of them. Unfortunately, these two individuals just so happened to be proficient with his most potent counter.

When the two attacks collided, there was utter silence for a second. Then a loud BOOOOOOOM shook the entire city from the adventurer's building all the way to Requis's castle. A maelstrom of energy expanded like a nuke from the center of the two attacks. The adventurer building was toppled. Which was a crazy feat as every guild building was built with fifth-grade magical material paid for by the adventurer's guild. Anything less than 5 attacks at the grand-magus level would only leave scratches. Now the building was collapsing.

The three siblings tried to resist to the best of their abilities but ended up being flung far from the blast.

Thomas chanted quickly as he saw the attack expanding, and a black orb formed around his body. It only lasted for a few seconds before disintegrating, but that kept him from being blasted away. Black goo dripped from his mouth, and his dark aura was almost completely drained. These monsters put him to shame. 

Requis and Haruto, who were nearest to the blast, looked haggard and near complete exhaustion. However, neither appeared ready to stop. A fierce light shined in their eyes. A light that burned on willpower alone. Their bodies were begging for it to end, but their souls wished it could last for a lifetime.

Requis’s spiritual aura had declined to the extent that he risked permanent damage.

The crazed lunacy was gone from Haruto, and even the shogun aura could no longer be felt. 

Both should be emptied out. Yet there was an aura. An innate aura all warriors had in the heat of battle. It was the aura of a fiery will. The will to find victory in defeat. An impossible, ludicrous, and paradoxical will. That embodied the meaning of life. Yes to be alive is to one day die. So even if one knew death was inevitable, one would always search for a way to survive, a way to say I was here. I lived. I existed.

Requis forcibly straightened his back. Half of his armor was in tattered ruins. "Kid, you are still too young to defeat me. That attack was adequate, but for your sake, I am willing to count this only as a minor victory."

Haruto tried to straighten his back, but pain ran throughout his entire body, making the feat impossible. His muscles were worn thin, and cracks had formed in his bones. Still, Haruto taunted, "Blah Blah Blah. Did you believe me to be weak? I am Haruto crusher of bones, killer of bears, and bringer of ass whoopings."

Requis snorted at the disrespect that flowed so naturally from Haruto's mouth, causing him to swallow some blood. Sighing, Requis spat out the blood, "You're right. I should have given it my all from the start."

Then as if agreed upon, the two hobbled towards each other.

The two were extremely close, but neither threw a punch… In reality, neither had the strength left to throw a punch.

Requis forced a grin as he tried to raise his shaking fist. "What did that little attack use up all your energy?"

Haruto also forced a grin in return. "Old man, has your arthritis finally caught up?"

Both chuckled as pain coursed through their respective bodies. 

Requis stopped chuckling after some time as he felt his conscious fading, "I suppose we'll be calling this one a draw…"

Haruto continued to chuckle, "Nonsense. I still have enough strength for one final attack."

"Liar…." Requis began to wobble as he tried to raise his guard. 

Barely Haruto raised an arm. "You see…. I'm tired of letting others, including myself, down… a real man should always uphold his promises... That is what I aim to become in this life. This is my first step." The pain was excruciating. Just lifting his arm caused an instant fracture of his bones, but he continued regardless. Skill activated "Barings Of A True Man." 

Requis was barely able to raise an arm to defend with. "So, you plan on stealing victory from a weak old man?" Even asking such a question, a smile of satisfaction formed on Requis's face. He could feel it. The essence of a true warrior. Haruto was not some snot-nosed brat in need of a master. In his own way, Haruto had the presence of a warrior of equal standing. Though Haruto was in no way shape or form a true warrior, yet. His skills just gave him such an effect.

Haruto ignored the question asking his own in return. As he slowly pulled his fist back, a loud popping sound could be heard, and a trace amount of aura could be felt. "Tell me, old man… You had fun, right?" 

The haggard Requis took a deep breath, searching for just a drop of strength. "........……"

Haruto's punch released at a sluggish place, completely lacking any strength behind it. A stark difference from the blows earlier in the fight. Even with his skill activated, the punch only had the power of a normal human behind it. 

Requis, knowing he won't stave off collapsation for too much longer, went to block with his arm. 

No one was around except for Thomas, who watched the weird scene of two people fighting. So slow, without any power at all, yet still somehow appearing that they were giving it their all. 

For the two men, their attacks still seemed super fast, as if time itself was being speeded only for them. 

Haruto pushed forward with his fist. Surprise became evident on his tired face. Impossible, he still has strength left to block. 

It took a full minute for Haruto's punch to connect, but for Requis, it felt extremely quick. He knew he would fail to dodge. He had to block. Requis's arm rose far after the punch had already broken past his defenses. 

The hit for Haruto felt weak as if some unknown barrier was protecting Requis. Causing Haruto to lose hope and, at the same time, gain respect for how powerful Requis was.

The attack for Requis felt like a mountain was falling on his face. His knees buckled under the weight of his body. Ahh. What a nice breeze. Requis could hear a tempest of air lulling him to sleep. Requis closed his eyes and, believing he had already lost consciousness, admitted, "I had fun." 

Haruto could hear the sound of rushing water. It sounded like the giant river where he first met Yuuta. Haruto couldn’t breathe. His lungs burned in hunger for the taste of oxygen. But none came to relieve them. As the punch continued forward, Haruto smiled. Ah, this is it. No boring school. No boring job. No conforming to society. This life. Is fun.  Staggering, Haruto fell towards the ground.

1