Chapter 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A voice in his head totally refused. He could not escape misery by dying, he would just pass it on to others.

He looked up at the orange, evening sky, staring at the free clouds. He was still jealous of them, being free to roam all over the horizon. Something felt off. He looked back at the clouds. There was a large hole between them, which did not seem natural at all!

"A falletreak hole?" He thought, "I think Mr. Jerry was telling something about this today. Didn't he tell that they were super rare?"

He looked at it closely, to find a small, unusual object falling from the sky at a very high speed. The air around it was glowing, probably with heat. It seemed as if it had appeared out of thin air.

"What in hell is that thing?" He thought as he tried to have a better look. It looked as it would fall at the nearby ground.

Arthur turned around to go down and check what it was. As he turned around he heard a loud thud. He turned back only to see the few houses near the ground completely wiped out. It was clearly visible from a height.

"What the fuc-," his thoughts were interrupted by the loud scream of his mother, along with some other people coming from below.

"What is happening?" He thought as he got down the stairs to see his mother. He could face anything but not his mother being hurt.

He opened the door of his house in haste, to see his mother lying on the ground, keeping her hand near her heart.

Her eyes flashed terror, and a diary was lying on her lap. She maintained a diary and wrote in it everyday at this time.

"I think I am hav-" she murmured, "stroke-."

"No, no, no. Wait. This can't be happening. This shouldn't be happening," Arthur said out loud as he reached for her mother. Too late, she was already dead.

Her eyes did not reflect emotions anymore, and her hands had gone cold. No blood flow could be detected in her nerves.

Arthur gripped her hands tightly, with tears dripping down his cheeks. He shut her eyes close with his hands. He was so startled that he could not even shout for help, let alone go out and call someone.

He could not muster up the strength to leave the body, her head was still in a position that it seemed that she was looking at him. 

"What is happening? Help me. Anyone? Edward? Mother?" Were the only thoughts that entered his mind.

That was the moment he found out how much dependent he was on the people around him, so much that he could not even get up on his own.

He could only muster up the courage to shout for help, "Someone, help please! Please someone come here."

After that there was silence, only silence. Not a soul replied to his shouts. The only thing he could do was to get up and head out. Her body was still in the same position as it was before, but her skin had become pale and her mouth gave off a foul smell.

Arthur got up, his eyes were still wet, but he had to move on now.

0