Chapter 3
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He got outside the house only to see Edward walking towards him. His eyes lit up on seeing him.

"Where were you? Mother died. Help me take her to a hospital," Arthur shouted at him.

Edward shook his head. 

"Look carefully, around you," he said, pointing towards the next house at a distance.

The old man who lived there was lying beside the road. He was probably dead.

"Uncle," Arthur shouted as he tried to run towards him, but a hand grabbed him. It was Edward.

"It's useless. I have checked many houses while coming here. He's dead, along with hundreds of others at other places. This is like an apocalypse, we can't do anything," he said.

Arthur freed his hands and rushed towards the dead man. The old man was dead, not a muscle was moving in his body. The pulse was gone and his eyes were shut.

"He's... Dead?" Escaped from his mouth.

Edward walked up to him.

"Yes, but that's irrelevant now. Did you see the thing dropping from the sky?" He said.

"Ah! I forgot about that. I saw that, few houses near the ground were completely wiped out," Arthur said.

"What?!" Edward shouted, "we need to go there immediately, we might find something there."

"But.. Mother?"

"Leave her, you can't be attached to a dead body anymore. She's dead."

Arthur's face went blank, but he knew what Edward was saying was true. He could not argue, and his mind seemed calmer than before.

He went inside the house, near her dead body.

"Wait, I will be back," he said looking at her blank face.

"Come fast, we can't wait," Edward shouted from outside.

Arthur dashed out to Edward, and before he could react, Arthur ignored him and ran towards the ground.

As he reached near the ground, his eyes could do nothing but stare in horror. The ground was gone, and only a large hole was there. Smoke was coming out of the hole, and all kinds of lights were coming out which seemed unreal. 

He looked around him to see the houses near the area totally destroyed. The parts of the houses were lying everywhere, but most of them were just heaps of cement and electronics.

He could see Edward at a distance, he was running towards him slowly, panting like a dog, same as when he ran in the school.

As he looked closer, he could see parts of the bodies of the people that lived there. He did not even try to check if they survived. It was clear that they were dead, with their hands and limbs lying in all directions. There was no chance for even an animal to survive.

"Can you... see any survivers?" Edward asked. He had reached him surprisingly fast, still panting like crazy, but he could find out the terror in his voice even through the pants.

"No... Why is this happening?" Arthur said, through a pool of tears.

"Shall we look inside the-" Edward tried to say, but he was cut short by a loud "exploding" sound coming from the hole.

"Boom"

The smoke increased and Edward started coughing like crazy. 

"I don't think... Agh... I will survive... Agh Agh.. here if I stay longer... Agh," he said as he backed off from the smoke, "you should try to check inside the hole... Agh... But ensure safety."

"Roger," Arthur said as he advanced into the hole. 

Even though he did not have any breathing issues, he was having problems in breathing. It would be pretty dark in such conditions, but plenty of light was coming out of an unknown source. He could just trust his intuition to find the source, because everywhere he looked he could find only smoke."

0