Chapter 2: Welcome to the family
118 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julie leads Celeste and Ierra to the guild room for a talk. Rose is there playing with her toys when her mother opens the door. She looks up at Julie and smiles, getting up to hug her.

"Hewo mama," Rose said happily. Julie smiles back warmly and hugs Rose. 

"Hi sweetheart. ‘Ah'm sorry but ya think ya can play somewhere else for a bit?" Julie asked sweetly.

Rose is confused then she sees Celeste between Ierra and her mother. She mistakes her for the hero, Alveta. Rose gets very excited.

"Is Awveta joining us mama?" Rose asked excitedly. Celeste smiles and kneels next to the child and chuckles.

"I'm not Alveta. My name is Celeste," Celeste said smiling wide. Ierra is shocked at Celeste's show of speech. She puts a hand on Rose’s shoulder.

"Though, I trained Alveta to fight when she was a little bunny."

Rose's eyes twinkle in awe at hearing this. Ierra and Julie being both surprised by this look at each other speechless then look back at Celeste. Rose scoots closer to Celeste, exited "She trained Alveta? She trained a hero. Why is she joining a villain guild?" Julie thought to herself, perplexed by the new information.

"Wow! You taught Awveta?" Rose asked, practically bouncing around. Celeste nods, smiling.

"Yep. I was her teacher." Celeste's voice was timid sounding and high in pitch.

"I wasn’t aware of that Darling. That’s Impressive," Ierra said.

Celeste smiles and stands.

"It is. Well Rose, ya can talk ta her more later, after we get everythin’ done, ok," Julie said, rubbing Rose's head.

"Oks. Mama can we pway later?" Rose asked, standing after grabbing Mr. Cuddles.

"We'll see. Most likely sweaty," she said with a soft smile, rubbing her daughters head. Rose smiles wide at this and  with that Rose scurries off to play again. Celeste brings both her hands to her chest after she stands up and looks at Julie.

"She's adorable. How old is she?" Celeste asked, happily.

Ierra is now making a confused look toward Celeste but the bunny doesn’t notice. Julie chuckles.

"She's 5 and thank ya. She’s so innocent too. It sometimes feels bad," Julie said, her tone was bittersweet sad almost.

Celeste tilts her head to the side, her bunny ears falling with her head.

"Bein’ the guild leader, ‘Ah ain't really got time ta play with her. Have ta make sure everythin’s in order, everyone got a mission or somethin' ta do. Food, blood for Ierra, supplies, equipment. Its harder than 'Ah thought." Julie said sadly.

Celeste is silent. Julie looks at her and motions for her to sit down as she does so herself.

"Anyway ya said that ya trained Alveta when she was a kid?" Julie asked curiously. The statement was still so bizarre to her, saying it as is felt strange. Celeste nods and holds up her hand, displaying her 5 fingers. Initially, Julie and Ierra where confused by this action. They looked at each other trying to see if the other had any idea what that meant. Julie eventually catches on.

"5? Ya trained her when she was 5?" Julie asked.

Celeste nods again, smiling. Her small nose twitches slightly and her left hear flicks. In all her brown fur coat looked very soft to touch.

"So you trained a hero and are joining a villain guild." Julie said, restating her realization out loud to make sure she isn't crazy.

Celeste nods, unsure of where this line of questioning is going. It hit her just then how it all sounded.

"Why?" Ierra asked, also intrigued.

Celeste shrugs. This puts Julie on edge. A Heroes' master trying to join a group of criminals. It sounds suspicious, and Julie thought the same. She raises her guard secretly, subtly looking all over Celest's body for any hint of of movement, studying her. Ierra was also tense though she was sure with Julie, they'd have it under control.

"Ya tryin' ta spy on us?" Julie asked, looking at Celeste now with a stern expression, her eyes seem to cut into the bunny's spirit.

Celeste rapidly shakes her head, raising her right hand. This is a sign of peace used among people, to show they had no malice intent. Celeste was hesitant on speaking her reasoning, though she realizes that doing as such would help her situation.

"I… I need the money," She said timidly.

Julie and Ierra look at each other, then at Celeste quizzically. "For money?" Julie thought to herself before her and Ierra look back at Celeste.

"What does that mean darling?" Ierra asked quizzically.

Celeste remains silent and looks away. Ierra leans over to Julie. The table they are sitting at is large, like a meeting table. Long and with many seats. They where all around the end of the table closest to the door. Celeste on one side, Julie and Ierra on the other. The guild room has gold accents on the corners of the room and is a dark grey with a red carpeting as the floor. There's a TV against the wall farthest from the door, behind Celeste. There is a large window on the right wall when walking in. There are small shelves on the wall behind Celeste and the wall behind Julie and Ierra, who whispers into Julie's ear.

"Told you she barely talks," Ierra said.

"It may be somethin’ embarrassin'. give her a bit."

Ierra remains silent, looking at Celeste with a puzzled expression, watching the Bunnisarian. Julie stays silent for a moment as well. Ierra sits straight up.

"Celeste, you’re already in if ya wanna join. 'Ah'm just a bit curious bout ya situation," Julie says, in a soft tone.

Celeste stays silent and shrugs. Ierra looks at Julie, unsure what to take this reaction as. The Black Widow looks back briefly, a soft expression being shown.

"There's no need ta tell us everythin' off the bat."

Celeste nods and remains silent, she seems to have eased up a bit.

" Anyway, I thought of "Quiet" being her callsign earlier.." Ierra said, looking at Julie.

"Sure, call me Big Boss while ya at it," Julie chuckles

"If you'd like," Ierra said.

Julie rests her head on the index finger of her left hand, propping her left leg on her right knee as well. Ierra looks back at Celeste. The bunny looks back.

"Well it's settled. When on field, you are "Quiet". Later I will need to take your body measurements to tailor your new outfit. Ok?" Ierra speaks upbeat.

"Can I play with the girl now?" Celeste asked.

"My daughter?" Julie asked, surprised at Celeste's eagerness. She showed no desire to speak before but when it came down to Rose she did. Celeste nods. Still feeling skeptical, Julie freezes for some time, she adjusts her glasses, giving Celeste a stare that can freeze hell.

"Careful." Julie said with a stern tone. Ierra smiles.

Celeste gulps and nods, the power in Julie's voice scares her slightly, proof that she doesn't mess around.

***

There was a man relaxing in the main room watching TV with Rose. He was wearing a casual outfit, grey T-shirt and black sweatpants. Him and Rose were sitting on a black "L" shaped sofa able to fit 5 people. This was Jack. He had Black hair, Blue eyes, and light skin. This man was Jack Santior De Leon. Jack was sitting normally and Rose was on the end, legs against the back of the sofa, holding her head up watching the TV on her stomach. They were watching the news. The current topic about Magical Creatures, more specifically a new species. the Death Stalker.

"What's more fascinating is that these new Death Stalkers are known to have human DNA-"

"Woah!" Rose exclaims. She didn't really understand what that meant but she wanted to seem like she was smart. Her sudden outburst causes Jack to chuckle. The program continues about these Magic Creatures.

"Scientists have gone on record to claim they are highly intelligent as well. It is also theorized that they are somewhat linked to humans, due to recent studies. The plan was idealized by a Scientist in the animal research faction of the GeoTax science guild named Eli Barris. A Neo-Goxian traveler/scientist of 28 years old."

Jack is surprised at the accomplishments spoken of.

"Wow. Smart kid, a part of GeoTax and only 28? And a Traveler to boot. Impressive. What do you think, Rose?"

"I tink he's smart." Rose said, looking at the tv. Jack nods in agreeance. Celeste comes out of the main room. Rose looks over and sees her. She jumps up and runs to the Bunnisarian.

"Ceweste can we pway?" She asked exited.

"Of course," she said, smiling.

Jack stands up and walks toward Celeste. She looks at Jack blankly.

"So you're the new recruit, huh?" He asked.

Celeste does nothing, just stares at Jack. He slowly starts feeling creeped out and uncomfortable. a bead of sweat runs down his head from being stared at.

"Are you... going to answer me?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

Celeste turns and walks away, Rose follows. Jack stays there, frozen in confusion. "Well, maybe she thought this was a female only guild." He thought. A Black haired woman looks at Celeste and Rose as she walks past. She's wearing her guild outfit. She wears a white head wrap and face mask, hiding her mouth. She wore a red outfit with Grey accents on the inner thighs. on the outer thighs she had 3 kunai holsters on each side. she has her bangs over her left eye, her long black hair was in a braid. there's a sharp golden accessory at the tip of her braid. She had a well defined figure as well. This woman is Jacklynn Isabelle Da Leon, Jacks sister. She stops in front of Jack, and points to them behind her, before she says anything she glances at the TV. They are showing a picture of the spoken of scientist before.

"The 28 year old zoologist is among one of the youngest to join GeoTax in the past years, and with being a traveler, it is no shock that he has found this strange new species of Magical Creature"

"Oh he's kinda cute," Jacklynn said, smiling. "Anyway was that the new recruit?" 

"Yeah," Jack said, trying to ignore Jacklynn's remark. She looks behind her, then back at Jack.

"A Bunnisarian, neat."

Jack nods.

"I tried talking to her just now and she said nothing. But Rose called her 'Celsete'." Jack said, still uneasy from how Celeste had stared at him.

"I wouldn't wanna talk to you either," Jacklynn chuckles, teasing her brother

"Hey, what does that mean?!" He questioned.

Jacklynn just smiles wide. Julie steps in rolling her eyes and chuckling.

"'Ah remember when ya tried flirtin with Sav'akk" Julie said chuckling. Jack shudders. He puts his right hand in front of his face, his palm facing outward.

"I thought we weren't going to bring that back up."

Julie slowly smiles. Jack looks over and sees.

"No mama, please," He begged. 

"Like. A. Bitch," Julie said, putting emphases in to her words.

Jack flails, turning away from Julie and his sister.

"STOP! That's enough. Ok. No more." Jack yelled, desperate to get out of this situation.

"She told you though." Julie said in a teasing tone.

Jack turns back to Julie.

"My chest still feels weird." Jack said, feeling his chest. Jacklynn chuckles.

"Anyway bro I've picked up a mission for you. It's your favorite type." She said, waiving a paper in the air.

"Infiltration? Assassination?" Jack said exited.

Jacklynn hands the paper to Jack.

"Stealth." She said. Jack and Jacklynn where part of a Ninja tribe called the Yanjun. They are known for using magic for stealth rather than for direct attacks. "He’s gonna try and Solid Snake this crap," Julie thought. Jack looks excited as he swipes the paper from Jacklynn. He then runs to prepare.

"Stay safe please, you know how I worry about you!" Jacklynn yells out to her brother. She speaks quieter, talking to herself. "You're the last thing I have left of Dad and Mom."

Julie comes behind Jacklynn and pats and rubs her right shoulder. She heads to the kitchen and Jacklynn follows. The kitchen has a white tile look for the walls, It also has an open doorway. There are hallways on the left and right side of the back end, the left leading to the storage and laundry room and the right leading to the armory. The floor is a comfortable white and brown floral design. The kitchen is the type to have two doorways with a center counter and large open window separating the main room and the kitchen. The kitchen also has a rear doorway that leads out to the training grounds and has a large window to see what's going on out there. Of course there being a kitchen, there's cabinets, a sink, and an oven. The counter tops are made of something called "Water Glass Marble" from the water kingdom "Phila" which gives the counters a blue, light blue, and white marble look to it. The sink is on the back most wall and next to the oven.

"Still crazy ta think of what he did though." Julie said, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. Dad’s always been a strong man, but that? That was insane." Jacklynn chuckles, remembering her father. Jacklynn and Julie remain silent for a while, before Jacklynn speaks up again. Julie remembers something from earlier.

"Well anyway, Imma need ya ta go ta Dravencore and patrol there. Ah know we where just there but, ya know how it is." She said. 

"Yep. You get the supplies, we keep them protected" Jacklynn said, smiling.

"Be safe Jacklynn."

"Yes Mama." Jacklynn said, heading out. Julie smiles, proud of her guild members. "'Ah got a bad feelin'" Julie thought to herself. She looks over and sees a dark skinned man. He was muscular with elegantly styled black hair and filled out facial hair. He had brown eyes. The man had a single ceramic pauldron on his right arm with a green sleeve under it. around his waist there was a ceramic hip guards with orange baggy pants much like Julie's, though not as transparent. on his shins where ceramic guards as well with a sort of sandal as well. He stood at around 6' 2"

1