Chapter 9: Prejudice
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its raining. It's the next day after the man was brought in by the Night Witches. He had been up for many hours by now. Julie was watching him eat some food, analyzing him as well. Ierra was also there silently.

"Be lucky Heartbreaker found ya. If not, ya'd probably be dead," Julie said.

"Thank you," He said, still eating.

Julie looks at the man up and down, analyzing him. " Cuts and scrapes everywhere. He's probably been roughing it for a while." She thought.

"Where are you from darling?" Ierra asked, curiously.

"Bronok?" Julie jumped in. She wasn't sure why she felt like she knew. Something within her felt so sure about it, as if she could point out a Goxian easily.

The boy nods and looks at Julie curiously.

"H-how did you know?" The boy asked.

Julie adjusts her glasses. 

"Ya look Goxian." She said, still unsure of how exactly she knew. there weren't any defining features separating Arrinarians from Goxians other than red hair, of which the man did in fact have. Though not all Goxians had red hair.

"I am." He said feeling somewhat uneasy, taking a closer look at Julie.

Ierra shocked at her bosses skill to identify what the man was.

"Been out there a while?" Julie asked. The large Malenterian was hunched over with her arms on her knees.

"Yeah."

The boy takes a bite of a sandwich.

"Kinda. been at it since I was 17," He finished.

Ierra looks surprised. It isn't unheard of teens that young heading out to explore the world, especially from safe kingdoms like Bronok, but it is uncommon.

"How old are ya now?" Julie asked.

"25," The man answered, finishing his food. "I've had my eyes set on a single thing."

"That is?" Ierra interrogated.

"That's personal." He said, looking at Julie, She felt off about his gaze, not alarmed but uneasy about something.

"We can probably help, Darling," The elf said.

The Goxian was hesitant. There's a short silence as he thinks to himself for a short moment.

"Can you find the Night Witches?"

Julie clears her throat and crosses her legs. The boy turns to her, curious.

"What?" He asked. After a short time he slowly realizes what that was meant to be. "You're the Night Witches?"

"We are," Julie confirmed.

The Goxian man looked at Julie. He expected the Black Widow to be a woman yes, but not a Malenterian. He slowly felt anger and hate bubbling up from inside of him. Julie was able to see that as well. "One of those Goxians," she thought. Julie leans back in her chair.

"You wanted the Night Witches, here we are. What do you want?" Ierra asked, curiously

The man sits adjusts how he sis and sighs. He takes a moment to Think about what he will say. Julie stays attentive and so does Ierra.

"My name is Shane Lythoon. I've heard stories about the Night Witches and it almost seems you can do anything, I want to test that. It's a personal problem though," Shane said, he speaks lowly. As if this topic is one that hurts him to his core.

"Personal issues, huh?" Julie questioned. Ierra remains silent and watches them both talk.

Shane nods, Julie adjusts her glasses and thinks. She doesn't enjoy entertaining the idea of aiding in personal problems with outsiders. But on the other hand, this man has seen, her face and can easily use that against her.

"What is it?" The Black Widow said.

"A revival," The Goxian said.

Julie stands us.

"No, sorry we can't-"

"It's my sisters!" Shane yelled in desperation.

Julie stops and looks over at The Goxian. "His sisters," Julie thought. It hit her right where it would hurt, appealing to her.

"We'll talk later." She said to him calmly. "Now sleep."

Shane lays back down and Ierra follows Julie out of the room. The red-haired Goxian sits there, He doesn't like the idea of taking orders like this. Julie makes her way to to kitchen to make coffee, again

"Darling, are you sure about this?" The Elf asked.

"No, ‘Ah ain’t. But he knows our face now and he could easily get us targeted. We need ta get ta Gaeilova," Julie said.

"What do you think happened' darling?" Ierra asked.

Julie places a hand on her hip.

"Not sure, but he seems Fucked up by it."

"Why you say that?"

"Cuz 'Ah know."

"What's with the sass darling?" Ierra asked in a teasing tone.

Julie looks at Ierra and rolls her eyes.

"You've known me for a little over a year Ierra, really?"

Ierra chuckles, walking up to Julie and lightly punches her shoulder.

"You know I'm messing with you darling." Ierra said.

Julie playfully punches Ierra, turns and walks away to her room. Ierra stands there... looking at her.

"Hate to watch her go" Ierra thought. "But you love to Watch her leave."

Ierra heads to the kitchen. Emarru is there. She has a cup in her hand.

"So is he a new member?" She asked bluntly.

Ierra goes into the fridge.

"Just someone we're taking care of at the moment." She said looking for something.

Ierra looks confusingly around the fridge. She stands and looks at Emarru.

"What's that ya drinking darling?"

"Wine, why?"

Ierra points at the fridge.

"From... the fridge?"

Emarru stands up from leaning on the counter, looking worried.

"Yeah... what's wrong." The Swinovo woman asked, sounding confused.

Ierra covers her mouth and trying to hide a smile, Emarru sets the cup down somewhat mad.

"What's wrong with it!?" She asked, yelling. 

"Darling that was my special wine." Ierra snickered.

Ierra chuckles. Emarru is standing there somewhat disturbed. She sets the cup down and steps away. Ierra calms herself after sometime and Emarru speaks up.

"Anyway. I'm aware this is out of nowhere but I always wondered what magic you know." She said.

Ierra looks at her.

"I know grass, blood, dark, fire, lightning, stealth. But I usually only use creation for arrows if I don't have any at the moment."

"No poison?" Emarru asked.

Ierra sits at the table.

"Why would I need poison?." She said realizing she missed hundreds of golden opportunities.

"Right. I forgot."

Ierra nods. Rose walks in and taps Ierra's leg. She looks down at Rose.

"Can we play Ierra?" Rose asked.

Ierra kneels next to Rose and places a hand on her head, rubbing it.

"Sure! I'd love to." The Lockwood Elf said.

Rose smiles wide and runs to the main room, Ierra following.

***

Julie is getting her bloodied clothes ready to wash. It takes around 20 minutes for them to finish as she waited while drinking some coffee, as usual. She puts them in, starts, and leaves. She returns to Shane. He looks confused at Julie being there.

"I thought you wanted me to rest?" He asked.

"Ya don't have ta do much ta talk. So ya wanna resurrect ya sisters?" Julie asked.

Shane nods and holds his head after as he had some head pain..

"Well, ya have ta do somethin' for me." Julie said.

Shane looks at Julie annoyed. "I have to help a Malenterian?" He thought

"We need more members." She said.

Shane sits up, still looking at Julie sincerely.

"You want me to join?" He asked with an angry tone.

Julie nods. Shane thinks for a bit. "There's no getting out is there?" He thought "Fuck." Hes silent for a little longer before looking at Julie.

"Deal." He said.

Julie smiles, knowing she's landed a new member, Its working out in her favor

"‘Ah trust ya won't betray me. If ya do after we bring ya sisters back... ‘Ah'll kill all of ya. Understand?"

Shane is silent and has an annoyed expression, though underneath Julie's angry aura unnerved him.

"I won't" He said.

Julie smirks and sits down.

"So... what happened?" She asked.

Shane looks down. Then he looks back at Julie. His face was that of hesitation.

"They where killed" He said hesitantly.

"Well obviously they can't be alive to resurrect them. ‘Ah mean how? Do ya know ya know?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Shane said, sounding desperate.

"Shane." She said.

He looks at her. The large Malenterian tries to calm him, her own breath shaky from the thoughts.

"'Ah wont force ya ta explain." She said sweetly, blocking out the fact he was Goxian from her mind.

Shane nods.

"‘Ah didn't mean ta bring back memories. ‘Ah was just wonderin' what happened. It’s ok if ya don't wanna tell me." She said

Julie gets up and begins to walk away.

"I was 10." He said.

Julie stops and turns. She sees that Shane is hesitant to speak.

"I'll just say that they were murdered by soldiers." He said looking away from Julie.

"Soldiers?" Julie asked

Shane nodded.

"Got it. Ya know what type?" Julie asked.

"Malenterian." Shane said coldly.

Julie is shocked. She now understood the way he had seemed around her for the short time they've been around the other. "Wait a second. If it was Malenterian soldiers that attacked Bronok. He was 10... he's 26 now... and the King warned..." She thought.

Julie wells up in anger and rage.

"Fuck" She said angrily.

"What?" The Goxian asked.

Julie rushes out of the room.

"What happened?" The red haired Goxian asked.

Julie punches the wall as she leaves the room.

0