Chapter 16: “They Where a Family”
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shane and Julie mount Sarron again, with Shane having some difficulty. They start heading to Sorncoliv. Shane notices and becomes curious.

"Killing the Guild leader?"

"Of course" the Black Widow said.

"Alright."

Shane looks around, slowly cementing the idea that this is his life now. A Night Witch.

"Ya blew our cover," The Widow mentioned.

"I had it under control."

"No ya didn't, ya would've had everyone on ya until ‘Ah stepped out."

Shane is silent. He sits there silently.

"Where'd that get ya then? Can't get ya sisters back if ya dead."

"Shut up already," Shane said irritated.

The Malenterian knocks the spurs into Sarron twice. The midnight back horse stops and bucks Shane off his back. The goxian falls onto the ground and looks at his new boss, rubbing his head.

"You will not talk ta me like that. ‘Ah am ya boss. When ‘Ah say scream ya ask "how loud". Do ya understand me?" The Black Widow said in a cold, demanding tone.

Sarron turns, showing his side to Shane.

"Get back on."

Shane, irritated, gets on Sarron and doesn't say a word. They start on the way to Sorncoliv again.

"Not listenin ta anyone will get ya killed. If not out here then in the base."

Shane mumbles under his breath. The Widow looks behind her.

"What was that?"

"Nothing let's get this damn thing over with." He said irritably.

"‘Ah’m tryin’ ta help ya." The Witch leader explained speaking softly.

"How can you help me?" Shane asked.

She laughs.

"‘Ah gettin real sick and tired of ya superiority complex."

"Hypocrite." He said.

"'Ah can back it up. Ya either havn't or can't. Welcome ta the real world Shane."

Shane looks around, thinking of the fate his mother had suffered made him hate Julie even more. Merely for the fact that she was acting the way she did, talking to him as if he was a child. The Goxian was silent his long red hair with its blue stripe was moving with the bounce of Sarron's galloping

"Now be a good boy and behave. We're here. " The Black widow stated. She had just been here 10 days earlier, so to see her so soon the Townsfolk panicked slightly.

The Widow gets off Sarron and motions Shane to follow. He does so silently. He had so much to ay to the Black Widow but or some strange reason couldn't bring himself to speak anymore. The air around them from the last time they talked was more tense than usual. he had felt slightly scared. He looked at his hands s he followed the Widow, he was shaking ever so slightly. "Why?" He wondered to himself.

"Stay silent, do not make a sound understand?" The Night Witch demanded. Shane's head shot up to look at her, her icy cold tone put him off even more.

The red haired Goxian nodded. The infamous villain sees someone with a crowd around them, they have the outfit  with the guilds logo on it, a Sword with a crown around the hilt. She approaches and taps the leader's shoulder. The woman turns and the Black Widow punches her with all the force in her body. The other guild leader stumbles back and holds her nose, looking at The Black Widow after a moment and uncovers her face. Her nose and outfit is drenched in blood, of which was gushing from her nose. the Widow is silent, standing tall, menacing. A lack of care for who saw this all play out, this guild leader would be an example to the people and other guilds. 

"I thought you'd be here." the leader said. 

"Ya shouldn't be. If only ya where at the base, ya' would have been able to be with your entire guild before 'Ah slaughtered them"

The woman is shocked. The people of Sorncoliv are mixed in emotion, some don't react and saw this coming. Others are shocked and terrified. Shane stood silently and watched as she flaunted her feat to the leader of the men he had just killed. he guild leader slowly tears up.

"My husband was there"

The Widow grins underneath her mask and lays a hand on her hip, her weight shifted onto that leg.  The Woman gets up, tears streaming down her face, she grabs a her weapon, a staff.

"My son was in there!" The Guild leader had yelled out of anger and sorrow.

Julie is taken aback by this knowledge, of course everyone was someone's child. She wasn't expecting to cause anguish to an active other, then flaunt the death of what would be her son to her face. She had become disheartened.

"You killed my fucking son!" The woman yelled though her tears.

Julie just stands in silence. the towns people are watching in hope that the situation doesn't escalate any farther. Deep down, even Shane knew that it would. This was someone who had nothing else to loose, the scariest type. The woman runs at the Julie and swings her staff at her. Lost in thought, Julie was hit with the staff, That breaking her of her thought spiral. The Mother swings at the Black Widow again, to which she grabbed the staff end with her hand and pulled it out of the weeping mothers hand.

"You'll know soon, how it feels to loose a child." The Mother yelled again, punching.

The Black Widow is hit and draws her hand back. she throws a punch at the mother, breaking her nose. The Black Widow was secretly reluctant to fight this mother who'd recently lost her child. "This was life or death here," She thought. The woman was laying there, slowly getting up. The large woman that was the Black Widow walked to the mother and grabs her head. The though of this happening to her flashing though her head. The pain she had just caused this mother, it weighed on her mind heavily. There's only on thing that she could do to help the mother. The Black Widow lifts her hand off the strained mothers head and walks toward the people, clearing her throat.

"Had any one given in to her word?"

The towns people watch the woman behind the Black Widow. The woman stands up and stumbles to the Widow. A spike of rock protrudes from the ground and stabs her in the chest, killing her instantly. The towns people hurriedly point at a royal guard in fear for their lives. Julie walks up to the guard and stands a few feet from him. She stands with her chest puffed out, showing control and dominance in the situation, despite the mental pain she has internally at the time.

"Why's one of ya guard boys here?"

"The same the woman was doing," The guard said

The Widow nods her head slightly, acknowledging the guards response. She snaps as a ball of rock envelops the guard. Julie notices how her body is getting harder to move, all these flashy displays with her Earth Magic have started weighing on her body. She was using Earth too much. The ball of stone collapses in on its self crushing the guard.

"This town was liberated."

The widow looked around at the people for a moment, allowing herself a moment of silence. A short silence of grieving for the mother, a short prayer to the Goddess Fora, the Goddess of Motherhood, asking forgiveness. When they prayer was done she had felt as if nothing weighed on her, She felt freed as well. "Back to business" She thought.

"Anyone seen that cloaked man?" The Widow asked.

The village people look around not saying anything. It was evident that no one had seen the large man in the cloak from a few days earlier. Just then a strange thought occurred to her: "Sorncoliv has had a lot go on with it recently, Normally this is a place that's quiet." She brushed it off as nothing too important. Julie and Shane head to Sarron. They mount the midnight black horse that was Julie's steed, Sarron, and begin the trip back to the Jenova forest. to Moonshine Run.

"Earth mage?" The Goxian asked.

Julie chuckles, she could feel that she really over did her display, she had a lot of trouble moving. like her muscles where stiff and she had to fight with all her will to move even just a little bit.

"Leave a woman her secrets why don't ya."

Shane looks was silent for a moment. The thought of Julie having killed that mothers child enraged him, seeing as she too was a mother. She seemed to not have a care in the world about it. No second thoughts. No heartbreak. This was gravely untrue. In her own mind Julie had let herself be beaten an inch from her life, killed even. The only reason she has lived this long was because she had Rose.

"They where a family," Julie said, breaking the silence.

"What?" The Goxian said seething with anger.

Julie was silent for a moment, she wanted to take her mask off badly at this time but she hadn't brought her glasses. There's silence. Shane took those words in his mind. 'They where a family'. He had helped the slaughter of a family all for the security of his to be revived in the future. Julie stops Sarron and gets off. Shane was confused by this s they had only been riding for a few minuets by then and weren't near the Jenova Forest just yet.

"What are you doing?" The Goxian asked, curious.

Julie is silent and takes her mask off, She knew this to be a dangerous action, her identity could be found out. No one was around them at this time though, nor did she particularly care in this moment of time. She needed a break. Shane sighed and looked around, wanting to get back to the base already. Just then a large wooden mallet gets thrown at Julie, she places her mask back on her face quickly and looks over. the mallet hit Shane off Sarron. he lays on the ground, dazed from the attack.

"But I wanna catch the rabbit, ma," The red haired Goxian said, passing out shortly after.

"Aww he's a softie," Julie thought before looking over where the hammer came from. There was a woman there with a large wooden mallet. She had purple eyes, brown hair, and light, peach colored skin. She looked as big as Julie was. She had on a winter coat that was blue with pink fur and a strap in the stomach area with a yellow and orange zig zag design. She was standing there smiling. "Oh, its you," The Malenterian thought.

"Been a while. Where've ya been?"

"Around," The woman said in a thick accent. her voice was slightly deep and she rolled her R's

"Not around enough." Julie said.

"Never thought you'd be that "Black Widow" i hear about tormenting the Villages. Guess you'd need to kill me since I know?"

"Only if ya plan on tellin'"

The large, woman chuckles and shook her head.

"We made an agreement back then, that would be breaking it."

"So much for keepin, it a secret from ya, Loca" Julie chuckles and takes her mask off again.

"Sorry for your friend, looked like he give you trouble."

Julie looks back at Shane, who is still knocked out, and picks up the mallet belonging to the woman named "Loca".

"Thank you," The fair skinned woman said, grabbing her weapon. "So the Night Witches."

Julie nods and smiles, holding her mask that was attached to a clip on her hip.

"What about it?" She asked.

"its just interesting, never thought you'd be one to do all that, especially with how you where when was  younger."

Julie looks back slightly to how she was back then. Training under her mentor with Loca, she looks at Ingenium in it's hilt. She knew why she started the Night Witches, but their plan had fallen to the waste side. They had abandoned what had made the Night Witches the Night Witches in the first place. In this moment of contemplation, Julie finds herself asking if she's strayed for the right reason. Was there a reason?

"Thing's change when ya get a child. Ya world view changes," she said, still questioning things in the back of her mind.

"A child?" Loca said in her thick accent. "You have kid?"

"A beautiful little girl who looks just like me," the Witch leader said, a wide smile on her face. She realizes just how bad her vision is, having both glasses and mask off her face. Loca was visible enough for her to make out, but everything behind her was blurry and hard to see. 

"I'm happy for you, who is father?"

"Lets not worry about that," she said quickly.

Loca is shocked by how fast her old friend had wanted to change subject but assumed it was personal and brushes it off.

"Well, better be on way. Am headed to home in Yansille."

"Be safe," the dark skinned woman said, placing the mask back on her face.

With that Loca walks off. Julie heads over to her knocked out Comrade, Shane, and hoists him onto Sarron.

"Oh boy. Ya heavy. Fat ass."

The Malenterian mother climbs onto Sarron herself and  rides off back to Moonshine Run. The thought of the Weeping Mother still stuck in her head. The pain she felt, the feeling of someone flaunting the fact that they killed her child and her friends. Even through the pleasant conversation, her wails of agony pierced through Julies guilty conscious. Like an unending curse. a drowning machine of guilt in her mind, poisoning her thoughts no matter how hard she fought against it.

0