Chapter 22: Voices
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 3 days of  healing sessions, as healing magic can't be used to heal intense injuries, Julie is able to get her stitches taken out and can freely move around. Currently, the Malenterian was in her room looking at herself in the mirror to see her new scar. The lighter blemish on her skin made for something she took pride in. Julie had many scars on her body and wore them happily.

"Damn. That's one helluva scar there." She said looking at herself in the mirror. "Big too."
"Another for the collection," Ierra said behind Julie in the mirror.

Julie looks at Ierra and adjusts her glasses.

"Yep. Ain't botherin' me none," She smiles and lays a hand on her hip.

The Malenterian Walks to the medical bed she had been resting on for the past 3 days and picks up her favorite orange shirt off it, putting it on. Her shirt was quite baggy and the collar sometimes fell off the side of one shoulder. The chest still displayed the words "perfect" on it, a testament to Julie's confidence in herself, mind and body. Ierra watched and looked away a few times during the process of her friend putting her shirt on, some angles had rather flustered her. Once her shirt was on, the Night Witch boss walked to a window facing the front of Moonshine Run and there in the sky, remained the glowing and sparkling curiosity. It had remained there through the past 8 days.

"The Day Star is still there."

The curly haired woman then heard a voice, a strange one she doesn't recognise.

"You're interesting," The voice said.
"What?"
"What, Darling?" Ierra said somewhat confused.

Julie turns to Ierra.

"Ya didn't hear that?"

Ierra shakes her head. The Guild Leader looked away from Ierra slightly, as a matter of fact it's as if she's looking at.. you.

"'Ah'm hearin things now," It's unclear exactly who she is talking to. Ierra? The Voice? You?

"You’re not hallucinating." The Voice said in a high pitched voice.

Julie looks confused. She couldn't understand where the voice was coming from.

"Shade kagade kah." Julie said, her native tongue of Mavrin. a rough translation is "My Fucking Gods"
"What?" Ierra asked highly confused and worried about Julie's mental health.
"Nica, dons?" Mavrin again, Translation; "Nothing, what?"

Ierra looks at Julie confused. She couldn't understand a word of what her friend was saying, though Ierra could identify it as Mavrin.

"Oh. Sorry, I defaulted to Mavrin there." Julie chuckled. "‘Ah was sayin' 'Nothin's wrong'."
"You said you heard a voice, darkling?"
"Maybe ‘Ah'm imaginin' it."

The witch Boss couldn't wrap her head around it in the slightest. She thought maybe she had finally gone insane from all the killi-

"It's not mental strain," The voice said. The Malenterian sat there for a short time thinking before assuming she was just hearing things.

She and Ierra walk out of the Medical bay and Julie gets right back to being the leader. She walks into the kitchen and checks the food supply. Restocked since she checked last. The leader is pleasantly shocked.

"I did good as leader for 3 days," the Lockwood Elf declared happily.
"Wow. ‘Ah sometimes forget why ‘Ah made ya the second in command, then ‘Ah get reminded why." Julie said looking at her Elf friend.
"You forget!?" The pale woman exclaimed in disbelief.

This gets a chuckle out of the dark skinned leader. Ierra realized now that she's being teased and crosses her arms, puffing her cheeks out like a child pouting.

"Ya been makin' everyone train too?" The boss asked adjusting her glasses.
"Of course."
"And missions?"
"Jason, Celeste, Jacklynn, Sav'akk, and Emarru are on one as we speak"

Julie nods, pleased.

"I also have a major one with me. We would make a lot of money." Ierra said up beat.
"Is that so? What is it?"
"You heard about The Prophet, Edwin Laster?" The Elf asked
"Oh the man that everyone knows? The one that has Millions of Garsils and is known for prophetic visions and giving people tips on how to avoid the future he sees, making him the single most respected man in all of Roan? No Ierra, ‘Ah don't know him." Julie said in a sassy tone.

Ierra grins, recognizing her dumb question but enjoying Julie's attitude in response.

"Oh, oh well, I found a mission to assassinate him!" Ierra jumped excitedly.

Julie moves her head back in shock.

"Who would want him dead?" Julie asked, confused.
"Well you see, later that day you woke up..."

***

 

3 days earlier, midday. The sky was cloudy and Ierra was in a red shirt and blue pants. Atop her head was a fancy sun hat she loved so much. She was in Sorncoliv and headed to the commission board that was put in the front of the town head's house. The yellow eyed elf scanned the board for a mission that caught her eye. Guard requests, beast slaying, escort, treasure hunting, guard duty. All boring to our wine drinking elf. A man taps Ierra on the shoulder. She turns to him. He is dressed casually, White shirt and black pants.

"Miss, are you an adventurer?" The man asked, he had a kind tone but it sounded as if he was desperate.

The Lockwood elf steps back and looks at the strange and desperate man before her. She suspected that this man had some assassination contract, as those aren't allowed on guild boards.

"Yeah. Who are you?" Ierra said looking at the man, cautious and intrigued.
"I'm a man in need of a special adventurer, I have a very special contract."
"Assassinations are my forte," Ierra smiled at this suspicious man.
"Good, Now for my contract, the target is The Prophet."

The pale skinned elf was rather shocked at The Prophet being a target. He had helped so many people through telling them their fortunes and helping them avoid such things, he was a good man, maybe even the best.

"You may be thinking why? Put simply, Erwin Laster is my brother,"

Ierra puts out her hand to stop the man's speech.

"Hold on, if this is some sibling rivalry I refuse to do this." She said sternly before turning to walk away, she didn't like getting involved with familial matters. Just after the man calls out to Ierra once more.
"Wait, hold on. Just listen please."

The dark haired elf turns and crosses her arms, listening as she was asked.

"I am the Sage's brother. My brother isn't what he says he is, he's a scam."
"Oh?" Ierra challenged, raising an eyebrow. Now she was heavily intrigued by this.
"Yes, he makes up false futures and has a team of people carry them out for him to make him seem reputable. It's all just one big act. And he's been up to worse."

"Ierra's stance has now shifted. She no longer had her arms crossed, but she was standing normally and listening to The Prophet's supposed brother, her interest was piqued indeed. 

"Go on, I'm listening"
"Believe it or not  but the Sage has been trafficking Malenterians, Kitsune, and Trenek."

The Elf couldn't believe her pointed ears. Trafficking? The Prophet? No, this had to be a lie. So many had looked up to the man's good deeds, including Ierra.

"You're not playing me for a fool. I need proof of this!" Ierra said, annoyed with these seemingly baseless allegations against such a good person.

The man looks behind him at a cloaked woman and waives her over. A woman of Malenterian descent comes to him. She looks traumatized and beaten.

"I saved this woman from him." He said. "Is she proof enough?"

Ierra looks at the woman. The beaten Malenterian looked scared, shaking. The bruises on her face seemed fresh too, a few more slowly healing. She was just saved today. Our Elf villain here was horrified by the sign of such a woman and her mind thought of Rose, then Julie.

"What type of trafficking is he dealing in?" Ierra asked sounding more irritated.
"A better question would be "Which Trafficking isn't he dealing in?" The man said.

The elf was horrified, how far did this go she wondered. Did it extend to kids too?

"Are... are there kids involved too?"
"Sadly. If there's money or pleasure involved, he's indulged. Being his brother he tried getting me in this twisted trades business before. I can't stand him. I want to save all of those inn his trade."

Ierra nods, She found new determination to complete this assassination commission. With Kids involved she knew Julie would want in as well.

"In a few days the 11th ward Ballroom in Arrintar will have a 4 day Gala, He will be there the entire time, as will i. The best chance of getting close to him is to act as his... lady of the evening. I'm sorry to ask this of you" The man then explained, setting up a solid plan to kill his very own brother

Ierra seems disgusted by that, and it wasn't only because of what she learned about. 

"I have a friend that can help us, knowing kids are involved, she'd want to be a part too. Also, what's your name?" The cat eyed elf asked.
"John, John Laster," He said in response. a name to the face now.
"I will attend the Gala on the second or last day around 7pm. We can't go right when it starts as he's a little wrapped up."

John nods, content with this outcome. Our elfy villain fixes her hat's placement on her head. She had a look of anger and determination, she wanted The Prophet dead now with her newfound knowledge.

"I'll go and get everything ready and sorted for the Gala then. Keep an eye on your brother," Ierra said before walking off. 

***

 

"We have to go to the Gala?" Julie groaned, She didn't quite enjoy the idea of the Gala.
"Come on, Darkling! I know you don't like dressing up but we can get a lot of money from this," The excited elf smiled, trying to convince her dear friend.

Julie sighs, seeing her best friend so excited barred her from declining. But before Julie could agree Jacklynn comes into the kitchen. Behind her follows a woman about Julie's height with a soft face and red eyes. She had a strand of hair that was like Julies but smaller and wore a baby blue shirt and black skirt. This woman that had somehow found Moonshine Run was Maleterian in descent like Julie was as well. Jacklynn speaks up to talk about the situation.

"Boss this woman wa-"

Before Jacklynn could even finish Julie opened her arms and ran to the woman Seeing Julie this new woman had done the same, hugging Julie tightly, and Julie hugging the same way back.

"Jasmine!"
"Juju!" The woman apparently named Jasmine explained in joy. "How's the guild andRose?"
"Guild is alright, Rose is fine. She'd be so excited to see you" Julie said, chuckling.
"That's good. Oh, hi Ierra." Jasmine said enthusiastically, waiving.

Ierra waves and chuckles herself.

"Hi Jasmine."
"So what are you guys up to?" the new Malenterian smiles.
"We're getting ready for a mission."
"Yeah gotta go to the damn Gala tonight." Julie groaned, she was dreading this.
"What type of mission?" Jasmine asked curiously.
"Assassination." The pale elf said and smirked.
"Oooh. Careful, don't get hurt!"

The Night Witch boss smiles kindly at Jasmine and nods. Jacklynn stands there confused watching as this woman she had no information on was talking casually to Ierra and her boss and mother figure. Curious, she speaks up wanting some information.

"I'm lost. Who is this woman, how did she find us, and why is she here?"
"This is my twin sister, Jasmine." Julie said smiling "Oh that reminds me, what's the bitch up ta?"

Jasmine looks at her sister curiously.

"Janet? It's a long story, I'll explain it when you get back from your mission," She smiled happily.
"Alright, well then Ierra let's get ready. 'Ah don't wanna be in a dress for longer than 'ah gotta be." The large woman said, she looks none too happy about needing a dress.

Julie's Elf friend hops around excited for the galla, more than the actual mission itself. But it sinks in exactly what she has to do and remembers what she was told about The prophet. That kills her excitement, knowing she'd have to brief her dear friend and boss on what she knows eventually.

Hours later, Julie and Ierra have found their dresses and are on the way to the Gala. Julie is wearing a red strapless dress that has a slit on the right side that somewhat shows her leg. There the dark leader hid a knife. For the first time in ages, Julie was getting dressed up. Her curly hair in a bun and red lipstick. She looks in the mirror at Moonshine run and rolls her eyes. "I look good, but gods I hate this," the witch leader thought to herself. Ierra comes out wearing the same type of dress. She has her hair in a ponytail and her lips, black with lipstick. She has more makeup on than her friend. Seeing the curly haired Malenterian so nicely dressed was a shock for Ierra, never had she seen her close friend like this, and doing so makes her feel special. She walks behind her friend and smiles, hugging her from behind and looking in the mirror at them both. Ierra had used her makeup magic to hide the purple triangles under her eyes.

"What's wrong, Darkling?" Ierra asked.
"What's wrong? 'Ah'm all dressed up, 'Ah got makeup on, 'Ah'm Miserable!"
"You look good darling." Ierra chuckled, moving to Julies right side and wrapping an arm around her waist. The pale Elf checks them both out in the mirror and smiles satisfied, through her eyes where mainly on Julie.
"Thanks," Julie said with a sigh. "Red isn't even a color 'Ah look good in."

Ierra laughs. Despite her friends' hatred of getting all dolled up like this, it does seem she still cares about what she looks good in. 

"You'd look hot in baby blue," the black haired Elf said.
"Oh please, my color is orange."

Just then, Jasmine, Julie's twin sister, passes by her room. The thin Malenterian stops and looks in to see Ierra with her arm wrapped around her sister's waist.

"I think you look beautiful Juju."

Julie pinches the bridge of her nose and shakes her head, not liking this one bit.

"'Ah ain't maid for dresses and dresses ain't made for me. But this is for a mission, worth a lot of money. 'Ah could get Rose that toy she talked about a bit ago." Julie said, weighing the options. "She wanted some action figure shown on TV, 'Ah was thinkin' of gettin' her that new game that came out too. She'd never ask for it but 'Ah've seen her payin' close attention to the commercials."
"Oh that Playbox thing? Isn't it crazy how a few years ago ya could only play games in a building? Now they are in our home." Ierra mentioned.

Julie picks up her glasses and puts them on. She then looks in the mirror, she still doesn't look pleased with her visage.

"For Rose," She said, motivating herself.
"For Rose," Ierra confirmed. She understood Julies dislike of dresses and knew that her dark friend was using her daughter as motivation.

The dark haired Malenterian lifts the top of her dress, the strapless look exposed much of the top of her chest and it left Julie feeling like her breasts would pop out if left unchecked.

"Stop it's fine, your dress isn't going to fall off of you or anything" Jasmine chuckles, watching Julie adjust her wardrobe.
"Ya sure? How do you wear these things Jazzy 'ah'll never understand." The Malenterian sighed and stopped fidgeting with her dress.
"you'll be fine Darkling." Ierra comforted.

The Witch boss sighs again and looks at her friend, just then a small pitter-patter of small feet running down the hall. The source was Rose, running down to tell her mother something, once she gets to the bedroom door, the white haired child looks in and gasps seeing her mother all dressed up.

"Mama you look beautiful!" Rose exclaimed, never having seen her mom in a dress and makeup before.
"Thanks Rose," Julie smiles kindly at her daughter. Seeing her and her smile only puts into perspective why Julie would go through with this mission against what she likes even more; To see her daughter smile.
"Rose, me and mama are going out tonight. Listen to Auntie Jasmine okay?"
"Uh-huh!" Rose runs to Jasmine and hugs her after she is picked up. "Autie Jazzy!"

Ierra and Julie exit Moonshine Run and mount their horses, the Noble steed and midnight black horse that was Sarron of course being Julie's personal horse. Ierra's was a pale brown, almost khaki color with a rust colored mane. Calib was his name. After they set off to Arrinar city Ierra had decided to tell Julie the rest of what was said between her and John.

"Darling, There's a reason why I specifically asked you on this mission," the pale Elf said, looking at the ground.
"Why's that?"
"The Prophet, according to John,  his brother, The Prophet is a Human Trafficker behind closed doors. Sex slaves, slaves, even children"

As Ierra continued speaking the malenterian's eyes slowly began gaining a fire within them. an intense flair of hatred, anger, and malice. Now it wasn't only Rose that was her motivation, it was the people in his trade that she wanted to save. The Black Widow had not only wanted to kill Edwin Laster but the people within his trafficking circles too.

"Ierra," The Black Widow said, her down dark and serious. It sent shivers up Ierra's spine, and not the kind she liked. "Ya made the right choice.

***

 

John is waiting at the front of the 11th Ward Ballroom waiting for Ierra and her friend. When Edwin, his twin brother, walks up to meet him with a smile and a wave.

"There you are! You finally came!" John said with a smile to his brother
"Strange that you aren't trying to get in someone's pants already," Edwin said irritably.
"Oh don't worry, soon enough you'll be the one in the room,"

Edwin looks at his brother.

"What have you done this time?"
"I've done a good deed for my brother and got him a date," John said, smiling widely.
"Oh thank you." Edwin said in a highly sarcastic tone.
"Enough of that, you should be nicer to me"
"I have no reason to be nice to you, let alone respect you." Edwin said, talking down to his twin.
"Your words hurt me, and here I was trying to be a decent brother to you. Let's just wait for our dates tonight."

The brothers do indeed wait. About 15 minutes pass, making Ierra and Julie late for their time, but they do arrive. Late yet fashionable. The girls get eyes on them, truly a couple of head turners. Malenterian was still hating how she had to wear such a dress that she was but dealt with it for the sake of the others. Ierra on the other hand was enjoying all the attention. it flared her ego tonight. The blonde haired twins look on at the girls in awe of their beauty. John is ready for the events of tonight to take place. Iera walks over with an arm around Julie to comfort her, which worked slightly.

"Hello boys. Brought my friend here fr Edwin as you asked John," Ierra smiled confidently. Julie however was highly uncomfortable, not only about the dress now. But because she had to stick close to a man she didn't trust.

Edwin looked at Julie and she looks back, still uncomfy about the situation but she saved face for the time. "Malenterian," Edin thought. "This just got interesting" Ierra looks at Julie then at the light skinned man.

"This beauty is Julie Stoneheardt. Don't mind her all that much. It's her first time dressed up. A bit of a fan of you too." Ierra chuckled.

Vincent looks confused by Ierra's words John chuckles and redirects attention to the Gala.

"Let's enter,"
"Yes, lets," The dark haired woman answered, hoping to get the mission done as fast as possible.

Julie fixes her glasses on her face and walks close with Ierra to the door. The brothers stay behind for a short time to briefly speak.

"I'm surprised you didn't take the Malenterian." Edwin said.
"Shut up." John said harshly. It seems he was indeed bothered that he didn't.

The brothers jog ahead of the girls to open the ballroom doors for them. Ierra smiles kindly at them with Julie more so stoic to hide any feelings of uncomfort she had.She felt her skin crawl everytime she was by John, and more so than Edwin oddly enough. The girls walk into the Ballroom. It's brightly lit and lavash with decor and food. There was a large dance floor deeper into the ballroom and tables were propped on the sides, closer toward the door for food. Up the stairs and near the back were private rooms for VIP only. So many different races where there; Bird like Avarian, Fox people Vulpixiserian, the dark and tattooed Trenak, forest dwelling Malenterian, Arintarian, Bunny race Bunniserian, the axolotl Philias, Dog people Caniniserians, Cat people called Feliniserians.

John and Edwin take the girls to a VIP table closer to the dance floor and to the left, by the food.

"The drink is bad," a voice said to Julie. the vice from earlier!

Julie thought to herself once she heard the voice. "Again? I must be crazy then. Oh no!"
"Don't trust him!" The voice repeated, sounding more warinning now.

Julie was now lowly muttering to herself but no one but Ierra seems to have even noticed this. 

"'Ah must be insane now, 'Ah still hear it"
"You aren't," The voice reassured. "The drink is bad."
"What do you mean," Julie whispered under her breath. but there was no answer in return.

Ierra looks curiously at her dear friend and wonders to herself why she was speaking so lowly, even more concerning was that Julie had been talking to herself. The pale Elf chalked it up to her friend's nerves getting to her and trying to calm herself down, as a sign of encouragement and a reminder she isn't alone, Ierra rubs Julie's shoulder causing the Malenterian to look up at the dark haired Elf. The Night Witch's right hand smiles sweetly at her friend and boss. Though Julie wasn't talking to herself due to nerves, a part of her believed she was hearing things because of them. The dressed up Malenterian mother smiles back and slowly gains back her Black Widow confidence to take on the mission, abandoning worry and fear. At least for the time. John had left, leaving Edwin there with Julie and Ierra. The Elves actions had caused the blonde haired man to realize Julie's distress also, to which he tries to comfort her.

"You okay, Julie was it?" The Prophet asked.
"Fine, j-just a little shy," Having her nerves calmed now she had come up with an excuse for her recent actions.
"It's all alright, I understand. Being around The Prophet and all. The Gala, all the people, the pressure. It's all a heavy burden. if you need we can walk outside for a bit for fresh air."

The first thing to shoot through Julie and Ierra's minds was "He's trying to take her for his trades!" Julie knew herself to be stronger than most people physically but still didn't want to risk any chance of that. She was horrified by this seeming act of kindness hiding a dark and devious plan. The Lockwood Elf was now on edge as well, the prophet trying to take her best friend, she wasn't going to let it happen so easily.

"No, 'Ah'm fine," The cautious Malenterian said.
"Suit yourself. If you need anything I am here right beside you," Edwin laster, The Prophet smiles.

Having to act as The Prophet's date tonight was going to be far more risky then Julie had thought if they just arrived and he's trying to take her. John Laster finally returns with a platter of 4 drinks. He sets them down and slides them toward everyone. It was a noble campaign. The black haired woman fixes her glasses placement on her face before grabbing hold of the glass and pausing. She had a bad gut feeling about everything, on top of the mysterious vices warnings. Something wasn't right here. She set the glass back down before standing.

"Excuse me boys. 'Ah need to talk with Ierra privately." Julie said, faking a smile.
"Oh please, my brother and I will let you lovely ladies have the table. I bet our old friends Winva and Amahn are here." John said, standing and grabbing his brothers arm

Winva and Amahn. Those names are familiar to Ierra, but where. after some thinking she remembers. The gun dealers she assassinated some time ago! Were they acquainted with The Prophet? Was he a gun dealer too!? Julie slowly sits back down and looks at Ierra with a serious expression.

"Ierra, 'Ah ot bad feelin'" she said with a hard expression on.

Ierra's smile fades as she looks at her dear friend.

"Your gut is never wrong either"
"This drink ain't right, neither is Edwin."
"Well of course Edwin isn't, Darkling," the Elf said, holding Julie's hand. "He's our target, The Prophet. The human trafficker,"
"That isn't what 'Ah mean Ierra. Something makes me feel that John shouldn't be trusted," The concerned woman says, both due to her gut feeling and the words of the disembodied voice in her head.

Julie freezes, she feels her hands shake slightly and her chest slightly tighten up. She snaps out of it slightly shaking her head and adjusts her glasses.

"I see, well here's evidence that both can't be trusted."
"what is it?" the Malenterian asked as she dumped her glass on the floor beside her
"The names John spoke, Winva and Amahn, were assassination targets I took out some time ago. Arms dealers, I was never told about him being a gun dealer"

The Night Witch leader looks at Ierra in interest.

"'Ah see. So there's more we ain't been told about The Prophet," Julie said out loud, mainly to herself.

Ierra nods in response. How much else have they kept hidden, If they can't trust either, would it be best to kill them both? After a while more, the Lasters return to check on their dates.

"Are you girls done?" John asked.

The Malenterian nods and manages a fake smile, Ierra mimics. John had noticed the empty glass on the table in front of Julie.

"Would you like me to get some more wine for you, Julie?

Julie shakes her head and looks away feeling her chest tighten up a lot, making her look stiff. The eye contact with John alone was enough to throw her system into Defcon 1. She silently shakes her head and adjusts her dress. Ierra was quite worried, she had never seen her close friend act in such a sheepish and scared fashion. She tried helping all she could, but ultimately they both know it helped in making her seem unassuming. And so the clever Malenterian even played her nerves up a bit, letting them take over slightly as well.

"How come?" John asked.
"Let her be, she's new to all of this, remember?" The Prophet stepped in, defending the Malenterian's choice.

The black haired woman was thankful slightly to Edwins intervention, though quickly remembered that he was the target.She disliked being around them both, granted John gave her gut a churning when she looked at him. An hour passes, John and Edwin get hammered. John more than Edwin. John was in a drunken stupor while Edwin was slightly buzzed. Finding the perfect time to begin their plan, Julie turns to her Elf friend and nods. Ierra nods back, and with that the dark skinned woman begins plotting. Edwin lays a gentle hand on Julie's large and soft thighs. it sends pure horror through her. Chest tightening, shallow breathing. A chill shot down her spine. She felt close to tears even, such debilitating fear. But she wasn't going to let it get to her here. She had a mission to do, money to get, a daughter to make happy. She asked herself if this was worth it. The face of her daughter smiling and laughing with the new game she so wants flashes through her head, an image that would swiftly have the outcome be "Yes". And so Julie steals herself for what she believes is the best course of action to kick off the assassination.

"Edwin, w-would ya mind coming with me?" She asked, wholefully hesitant of the question.
"Where to?" the blond haired targeted twin questioned.
"Somewhere no one can h-hear us" The Malenterian's body revlots at these words, but knowing she won't have to deal with the act makes it much better on her. Though, she was happy that it wasn't John she had to ask.

Edwin is rather shocked by this question but smiles and nods. The blonde haired, well dressed man stands and holds a hand out to his Malenterian partner of the evening. Julie hesitantly grabs his hand, her chest tightens more and her breathing stiffens. Her hands tremble and she sweats slightly, she can feel her heart. it felt as if in a moment's notice the world could be stripped away from her, and she feared it dreadfully.

"have fun, be safe kids!" Ierra teased before seeing her friends dead set panicked expression. She felt bad about it after, "Sorry, sorry."

Edwin chuckles, Julie on the other hand nods at Ierra to show it's okay. Edwin takes the Malenterian up the stairs and to a VIP room. The bed has nice light red covers. The walls of the room are soundproof so loud noises can't be heard from outside. The dark haired woman sits on the bed, on the verge of tears in fear of the situation, she can't wait to just kill Edwin, but she can't do much yet, the door just shuts, he has to get close. and that scared Julie more. But it was for her kid, for Rose. For her, she’d anything. "this needs to end now," The witch leader thought to herself. She stands up and pulls Ewin to the bed and pushes him onto it. The moment strikes the slightly drunk Edwin and he shakes his head.

"Wait, wait. no this can't happen," He said.

Julie was shocked, she was the perfect candidate for his devious trades, why stop her? She was very very confused. The plan began falling apart and that scared her more. She wanted this over, she couldn't handle it anymore. So Julie went to grab the hidden knife when her gut... her gut feeling told her to stop. She hesitates and acts like she is fixing her shoes.

"Backin, o-out?" She asked.
"I can't do this, I barely know you, you don't want this I can see it in your eyes.," Edwin said, the blond haired twin was rather gentle and caring.

Julie's body remains in a panic state, shaking and anxiety ridden in her mind. The man from Arceo Vierna notices and pats the bed.

"It will be okay, I don't want to do anything I swear. Im... not too sure why I even brought you here. I guess the alcohol took over for a bit," He explained, trying his best to calm the dark haired woman, unsure how to do so.

In that moment, Julie's gut feeling blares with alarm.

"Y-Ya ain't The Prophet are ya?"
"oh no no no, I can never do the good and the horrid things my brother does." Edwin, or better yet, the real John Laster said. he was confused by what he heard,"

The Malenterian looks defeated and very slightly in disbelief. "I should have known," She thought to herself, "That's why my instincts were all crazy." She felt ashamed but impressed that The prophet could pull and keep the wool over her eyes for so long, an agonizing 2 hours and 30 minutes. Her nerves begin slowly calming, or where they flairing. it's hard to tell with her rage induced focus. But she was even more scared, not for herself, but for Ierra.

"Ya John Laster... ya brother, The Prophet approached my friend on an assassination contract and said he was you."
"She isn't safe then. You have to hurry and get to them before Edwin wakes up!"
"Get your ass out the window, Sorry but 'Ah'm killin’ ya brother!"
"Fine by me, I'm the one that made the contract. He must have taken one of the papers,"
"Get the hell out of here!" The Widow yelled loudly, trying to rush things along.

Edwin hops out of the window and makes his way to the ground. The Malenterian, in a panic, makes her way quickly to her best friend. She was terrified that Edwin had already taken her. Her breathing shallows at just the thought.

"Relax, She is fine," Day Star says to Julie's racing mind.
"Why do you help me?" She thought, confused about Day Stars aid. the Black Widow was just a horrible villain in the eyes of everyone, why would a star, a god perhaps, help her?
"You're special, someone asked me to keep track of you."
"You don't know who I am do you?" Julie thought back to Day Star with some added sass.
"I know more about you than you know about yourself, you may want to check yourself, Call me.... Anzyu"
"A-Anzyu. Got that" Julie thought.

With Day Star now having a name, Anzyu, and them on Julie's side seemingly. She can ease her mind about Ierra, assuming this ‘Anzyu’ was an omnipotent god. The Malenterian rushes to her Elf friend's side, The Prophet still asleep on the table.

"Mission complete?" the pale skinned Elf asked excitedly.
"No, we got tricked," She said. The dark woman points at the real Edwin, asleep on the table. "He's the real Edwin Laster, he's the real Prophet."

Ierra looked rather shocked and confused. It was hard to believe really, that they've been tricked so heavily.

"A-are you sure?"
"Woman's  intuition," the icy blue eyed woman said swinging her hips to the right and laying a hand of attitude on them

Ierra nods. She heavily trusts Julie and her gut feelings, so she believed this as gospel.

"Follow my lead," The Leader said.

Ierra and Julie go back to John, a plan having cooked up in the elves mind.

"Hey. Your brother is gone. My friend didn't get a chance and is kind of hyped up. Why doesn't she join us?" Ierra said in a pseudo-seductive tone.

John drunkenly nodded, and laughed. Ierra and Julie smile at each other and nod, having made an easy opening. They help John up and the three go to the nearest room. Ierra pushes him on the bed and Julie closes the door. Ierra punches John hard, knocking him out and breaking his jaw with such power. She flips him over.

"Thank gods he's drunk," Julie said with a smile. "Makes our job much easier here"
"So how are we dealing with him?" Ierra asked Julie as she ties Edwin to the bed.
"Who doesn't like a little Arson?" The Widow grins and waits until her Elf partner finishes her work.

Once finished, Julie raises her hand in a fist then opens her hand. Edwin combusts in flames. Slowly he wakes up and the feeling of burning kicks in as he begins yelling in pain. Ierra and Julie look at each other and rush out. They meet up with John outside.

"Did you do-"

John was interrupted by the searing and growing flames from inside the Gala and people rushing outside to escape the inferno inside. John expected them to kill his brother yes, but to set the Gala on fire? So many Innocent people can be hurt!

"Where's the money?" Julie asked.

John looks at Julie in horror and disbelief. So many can be getting hurt or killed and she has no care!? That wasn't so, Julie had controlled the fire, even now, to spread fast yes but to envelop Edwins room,giving others time to escape and notice before enveloping the full of the gala, though of course, some will be caught and for that she felt horrible. However, this was a message to be sent to Doland as well ro remember the Night Witches are always around.

"The people in there...."
"'Ah needed a way ta destroy the evidence and clear my name, the ones hurt ah'm sorry for them, now where's the money?" The large woman put out her hand for the payment she was owed. She didn't want to think about the possible innocents she's hurt.

John takes out a large sack of coins, and places them in Julie's hand, grabbing 3 more and handing them to Julie's other hand and Ierra's 2 hands to both Witches shock. Julie opens one of them and her eyes glow with excitement.

"This... This could feed our guild for a year!" the Malenterian said overjoyed.
"Everyone can be full, Boss!" The pale elf would hug Julie and hop in joy
"We won't be living rough for a while!" She said happily.

John watches and smiles slightly, He wasn't aware they were living rough or had a guild. Despite the pain Julie may have caused, John felt that he slightly understood the precaution of burning the gala down to hide all evidence. He wanted to help.

“Is there any way I can contact you?" John asked, smiling softly.
"'Ah don't think so." Julie said, closing the bag up, she looked at John with suspicion and caution, handing her two bags to Ierra while she ran off to get their horses and put the bags away for safekeeping.
"Then... What guild are you?"
"'Ah can't tell ya that." Julie realizes she mentioned the guild without thinking, now she has to do some damage control.
"Please. I won't tell anyone anything. I want to know so I can give you guys more jobs in the future if you have trouble feeding everyone. You guys Heroes? Villains? I don't care. You took out a slave trader, you're good in my book."
"'Ah'd rather not. But Ya can see my people around most commission boards, just ask if someone knows me, John."

John accepts this and nods. Julie starts to head back to her and Ierra's horses, where the elf waits with the money they've earned on their horses. The most exciting part of going home in Julie's opinion; Seeing Rose. The second best to the Witch boss was getting the hell out of her dress and make up. Julie mounts Sarron and Ierra her horse, Angeal, and ride back to Moonshine Run. They enter the house carrying sacks of coins. Julie then proceeds to drop one on the ground. Rose runs up and for the first time sees money.

"This, Rose, is what good hard work gets you. Money. And with all this. We can eat good for a while!" Julie said excitedly, patting her daughter on the head
"Reawy?" Rose asked.
"Yes! Ya won't be hungry anymore. Mama won't be hungry anymore."

Rose looks at the coin in her hand. Her eyes widen with greed and a faint glow of gold. A lesson has been imparted onto her small mind. "Money is everything".

"When do Iz start helping Mama? Iz wanna get money too!" Rose asked.
"When ya older. For now you have to go to bed, it's way past bedtime for ya." Julie said.
"Can I sweep with you Mama?"
"Of course baby. Go, Mama will be there later. First 'Ah have ta put this away." Julie smiles sweetly at Rose and lays a hand on her head.

There was so much of Julie within Rose, it both melted her heart and scared her. She was fearful she may go through the same struggles she had. the same Trauma she had. the same pain she had throughout her life. She wanted a better world for her daughter. Sadly Julie feels all she has the strength to change was her country. Shane was watching the interaction with Julie and Rose, as was Emarru and Sav'akk. One thing he couldn't deny was how good a mother Julie was. However he still had his goal. 

"Oks." Rose said going off to her mother's room.
"Well darling, I'm tired, I'm going to go to bed." Ierra said tiredly.
"Not yet. Get this shit off my face." Julie demanded, annoyed still by the make up. she was relieved to finally return to her usual self.

The lockwood elf goes with Julie to put the Garsils in and wash the makeup off her. Then the two go to bed. Julie gets in the covers wearing her usual underclothes. Rose cutely snuggles up to her mother, her head resting on Julie's breasts. The Malenterian mother wraps her arm around and brushes her fingers through her hair. Julie knew she would have guilt and nightmares.

1