641 Hell on Earth
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
And I'm back as promised ~ Now, onto the second part of this volume! :)

Back in the demon realm, the demon king Jin Ling was staring at a mirror with an unhappy expression. He might have sent Xiao Li to investigate the matter of the dragon king and the Son of Heaven’s reincarnation in the mortal realm but he wasn’t about to leave things at that.

Who knew if he could trust that guy to do a good job? If he missed vital information and he lost an opportunity to torture Qiu Ling because of that, he really wouldn’t be able to forgive himself for that oversight. No, he had to make sure that he didn’t miss the slightest clue regarding this matter. So he had to find another way to inquire about some information.

He brushed through his hair and forced a smile on his lips. Thankfully, he had prepared well. Even though he loathed having to do this, he would loathe failure even more. Thinking of that, he got up and left his chambers, walking over to the rooms he had given to Yin Lin Lin after their so-called wedding.

Because of the difference in time between the mortal and immortal realms, it actually hadn’t been long since Yin Lin Lin followed him back to his realm and betrayed the gods. Thus, when she saw Jin Ling, her face immediately lit up. Even though he was a demon, he obviously cared greatly for her. The fact that he came to see her made that obvious, didn’t it?

Jin Ling turned the brightness of his smile up a notch and went to her side, gently taking her into his arms. "My beautiful wife, how have you been? Have you missed me?"

Yin Lin Lin chuckled and reached up, putting her hands on his chest. This kind of treatment, she never would have gotten it from the Heavenly Emperor even if he had married her. "Well, what about you? Weren’t you the one to leave?"

Jin Ling looked down, hiding the gaze in his eyes. "Do you resent me for it? Believe me, if I had a choice, I would have stayed at your side but there is official business to take care of. Speaking of that though … I might have a pleasant surprise for you." He reached up, taking her hands and pulling them down before he looked up with a smile, motioning for her to follow him over to the side to sit down.

Yin Lin Lin’s heart thumbed wildly when she looked into those caramel-colored eyes. How had she ever been able to think Rong Su would be a good match for her? Or even Shun Tao? While the latter was quite handsome when considering the titled gods of the Nine Heaven’s capital, there were far superior men out there.

The demon king was easily one of the most handsome men she had ever seen, far above any of the gods. The only one who might be able to contend with him was the dragon king but just thinking of how crazily he had pursued the son of that bitch Bai Fen, any bit of admiration she might have held for him was immediately extinguished. No, nobody could compare to her husband. And his gentle and caring treatment he received from her made that stand out even more obvious.

Jin Ling continued to smile and even held her hands. "After we came here, I had my people keep on the lookout for the dragon king and the reincarnation of the Son of Heaven. Today, I finally got the news that they were found."

Yin Lin Lin lightly pursed her lips. She had expected a few things but this wasn’t one of them. How was this pleasant news?

Jin Ling’s lips only curved up further when he saw her expression. This idle goddess was proud. Naturally, she couldn’t be easily satisfied unlike that servant girl of hers. "These two have made so much trouble for you. You were actually exiled to the mortal realm and made to work like a servant for an indeterminate amount of time. If not for your wedding with me, you would likely still be there. Don’t you want to take revenge?"

Yin Lin Lin’s expression lit up when she heard that. Revenge … Yes, that did indeed sound good. In any case, she wasn’t in the Nine Heavens anymore. She also didn’t have the status of an idle goddess any longer. No, now, she was the wife of the demon king. The Heavenly Emperor and Heavenly Empress wouldn’t be able to give her any commands anymore. Instead, they would have to treat her with respect if they didn’t want trouble. And since the gods and demons were officially at war …

She smiled, immediately reconciled with the news Jin Ling had brought. "Well, I guess doing a little something shouldn’t be a problem. What did you think of?"

"Oh, I think it would be for the best to hit them where it hurts." He narrowed his eyes, a hint of glee glittering inside. "You know, for those two, their relationship is what is most important. So I think breaking up this loving couple sounds like a great idea."

Yin Lin Lin raised her brows. Well, that was definitely one idea … "I hope you’ll make them suffer."

"Of course, I will. The more, the better. After all, they dared to hurt my beautiful wife." He leaned closer and kissed her cheek, dying a little inside. As soon as he could without making it too obvious, he pulled back. "Well, before I can start to implement the plan, we will need more information though. Is there anything that you know about the life of that reincarnation of the Son of Heaven? Anything could be helpful."

Yin Lin Lin pondered for a moment. "I’m afraid there isn’t much. I can only tell you what I’ve heard from that servant girl and what came out in my trial. Will that be enough?"

Jin Ling nodded good-naturedly. "But of course. Anything you can provide will be helpful. As long as we have a direction we can investigate in further, I am sure we can make his life hell on earth."

1