669 He Had His Uses
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qiguan Cheng Da froze. "What?"

Inwardly, Leng Jin Yu couldn’t help but smile to himself. Most likely, Qiguan Cheng Da currently felt an unprecedented sense of crisis. Complaining to him about and asking him to withdraw the task he himself had suggested for him, wasn’t that like slapping his face? As somebody who wanted to make use of the other person, Qiguan Cheng Da probably felt like he had stepped wrong by a lot. Well, he wouldn’t help him by cushioning the fall.

He kept the usual insipid expression of Yu Jin and explained the situation further. "Master originally wanted to send me because he thought it would be a good opportunity. The information Zhong Jing Yi is supposed to gather is important to the Yun Zou Sect. Whoever is involved in this task would certainly be highly regarded by the Elders of the sect." Speaking until there, he noticed how Qiguan Cheng Da’s expression had become even more unnatural.

A smile flashed through his eyes and he also couldn’t help himself from giving that guy an even bigger sense of crisis. "Furthermore, it is a prime opportunity to gain experience and hone one’s skills. And, as I said, not everyone is qualified to take up the task. I originally thought it would be a good idea to give this opportunity to you but … I see you aren’t keen on going. Don’t worry about it too much. I’ll go and talk to my Master. He certainly won’t mind if I go myself." Or maybe he could give the opportunity to Cen Fu after all.

If Qiguan Cheng Da really felt like he was too good to go and gain merit in the sect, then others that were more worthy anyway shouldn’t be punished. It was a pity for that disciple anyway. If not for the trial … Ah, well, it wouldn’t help to cry over spilled milk. He needed to take care of this matter with Zhong Jing Yi first.

Qiguan Cheng Da gulped. Shit! He had actually made such a big mistake! He should have asked Yu Jin more about this matter before making a decision. Now, who knew if he could still convince him to let him have this opportunity? Even if he could, he likely would have lost some of the good impression he had in his eyes.

Cursing himself didn’t help. After a moment of awkward silence, Qiguan Cheng Da hastily cleared his throat. "Ah, Brother Yu … don’t be like this. I was hasty just now and hadn’t properly listened. I really can’t help it. After having that stroke of luck and gaining heavenly spirit veins thanks to that mission the sect gave us back then, I can’t help but want to give back. I always thought cultivating as fast as possible would be the best way to do that but now that you’ve mentioned how important this task is to our sect … How could I reject it? I’ll naturally accept."

"Is that so?" Leng Jin Yu’s eyelids lowered and he looked at Qiguan Cheng Da deeply. He had to say that this guy had a talent for inverting black and white. Even though he had obviously been disdainful, he now made it sound as if that had all been for the sake of the sect. Really hateful. That was the type of disciple he disliked the most.

"Mn, but of course. Thank you very much for recommending me to the Sect Master! Senior martial brother Yu is indeed the one who treats me the best."

Leng Jin Yu retracted his gaze, pretending not to have noticed anything. "It’s nothing. As fellow disciples, we should help each other whenever an opportunity arises."

"That’s true, that’s true." Qiguan Cheng Da hurriedly poured another cup of tea for him. It seemed this guy really had his uses. He should spend some more time with him in the future. It might be dull but as long as it was worth it, he could take some hours like that. "So, what exactly is this about?"

Leng Jin Yu thought for a moment. He wanted Qiguan Cheng Da to make some trouble for Zhong Jing Yi but he didn’t necessarily want the Yun Zou Sect to suffer as well. He should probably make sure that Qiguan Cheng Da wouldn’t mess up too badly.

He raised his hand and took a jade flower out of the spatial ring. This was something he had acquired back when he was still a disciple of the Jian Yi Sect. To a sect like the Yun Zou Sect, it was precious but it wasn’t something that a disciple couldn’t have as long as they had spent time outside. As somebody who was pretending to have been a wandering practitioner before, it wouldn’t raise too many questions if this was discovered by Yuchi Bing Xia.

He put the flower down on the table and pushed it toward Qiguan Cheng Da. "This can be used to contact him. You just have to travel to the vicinity of the Hei Dian Sect and find a spot where you’ll be able to set up a meeting with him. After that, just imbue your spiritual energy to engrave one of the petals of this flower and have it travel to his location."

"I see. And what about the mission he was given?" Qiguan Cheng Da took the flower and unceremoniously put it into his spatial bag.

Hmph. This thing was probably given to him by the Sect Master. It sure had to be good to be Yuchi Bing Xia’s disciple. He had never received something like this even though he was now an inner sect disciple. Having a Master did indeed make a big difference. He should better find an Elder willing to take him in soon or he would lack behind too much. In any case, he couldn’t understand what they were hesitating about. He had heavenly spirit veins. What more did they want?!

If he compared himself to Yu Jin … This guy didn’t have qualifications as good as him. Didn’t he just have assorted spirit veins? But still, he had been personally brought back to the sect by the Sect Master who he had been doting on him ever since. Whatever a cultivator could wish for, it would be presented to this Yu Jin on a silver platter.

How was this fair? It was just as vexing as that Zhong Jing Yi being able to hook up with the Grandmaster’s only disciple and gaining benefits that way. As it seemed, making personal connections was still the most important.

Leng Jin Yu silently turned the cup in his hands, keenly perceiving the maliciousness directed toward him. "I can’t tell you much but this doesn’t only have to do with the Yun Zou Sect."

"So something big is going on." Qiguan Cheng Da tapped his leg. If that was indeed the case, then he might be able to make use of this and find a Master for himself. He narrowed his eyes and smiled. No, not only could this be a prime opportunity to rise to prominence in the sect but it could also provide him with the opportunity to pay back that Zhong Jing Yi for how his family had humiliated him back then. Ah, this Yu Jin had really done him a favor.

0