383 Let’s Spend the Night Here!
46 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jing Yi finally managed to convince Qiu Ling to send a message to the Yun Zou Sect, telling them about the dungeon below the village that Qiu Ling had sensed, as well as the people that had tried to attack them. With this, they should be warned and could prepare in case the sect sent other disciples over to investigate more closely and they were also attacked.

Only when he watched the paper crane fly off, did Jing Yi relax. This whole matter had shocked him. Even though he knew from all the stories that Shao Hai had told him that the world of cultivators was not always sunshine and roses, it was still a different thing to witness it yourself. If not for Qiu Ling, he might have lost his life without even knowing why. It truly was his good luck that he was traveling with somebody who was such an excellent practitioner.

He heaved a sigh of relief and then turned to Qiu Ling. "What should we do now?"

Qiu Ling also turned around and grabbed Jing Yi’s hands. "You don’t have to worry, my love. I’m here to protect you so regardless of how many of them are there, nothing will happen to you. I’ll just push them all down the stairs or out of the door and slam it close behind them. They won’t get to you."

Jing Yi smiled and gave a nod. Even though it might not have been much of an effort for Qiu Ling, he had still saved his life. The least he could do was humor him a bit in return. "Ah, I already thought so. But I guess we don’t have to worry. After seeing you fight that well, they’ll probably not dare to get close again."

Qiu Ling nodded as well. "So you’re not worried, that’s good. Then I guess we can just spend the night here?"

His eager expression told Jing Yi that he might want to ask for details regarding just what Qiu Ling meant with that. "Spending the night here as in …"

"Of course, it’s to take advantage of the current situation!"

Jing Yi looked at him in a daze. This … This was a little too honest, wasn’t it? Shouldn’t he at least try to make up some noble-sounding cause for that suggestion?

Qiu Ling blinked his eyes when he saw Jing Yi’s doubtful expression but he didn’t think too much. Anyway, his request had been reasonable, hadn’t it? And there was no way he’d give up if he had the chance to sleep on the same bed with his beloved!

Faced with this opportunity, Qiu Ling tried his best to convince his lover’s reincarnation: "Don’t you want to sleep on a bed again for once? We’ve been traveling for so long, you’re probably really fatigued. I think it would be best if you had at least one proper night’s sleep in a bed again. Don’t you think so?"

Jing Yi might have been fooled if not for Qiu Ling’s glittering eyes. "Qiu Ling, we flew from the Yun Zou Sect to the capital city and then I slept at home. Since then, it hasn’t been that long."

Qiu Ling pursed his lips, his happy expression deflating a bit. He wasn’t willing to give up yet though. "Maybe it wasn’t that long but it was still fairly long. Don’t you want to sleep in a bed? I’m sure it feels much better than sleeping on the ground."

Jing Yi looked at him, wondering just what he should say. Qiu Ling’s pitiful expression actually made him waver. Anyway, wasn’t he being ridiculous himself? It was just sleeping next to each other on the same bed. That wasn’t anything bad. And they had also slept next to each other on the ground before. Where was the difference?

He sighed, knowing that he had already given in halfway. He also didn’t know what it was but when Qiu Ling looked at him like that, he had trouble insisting on his opinion.

He looked around but actually couldn’t see a bed. "Well, I’d say let’s take a look at least. If we’re inside, we could also lock the door or something so that nobody can get in. That way, you won’t always have to be on guard."

Qiu Ling nodded eagerly and then pulled him over to another door, carefully opening it and peeking inside to make sure that nobody else was in there before he stepped in with Jing Yi.

When they looked … Qiu Ling’s expression turned crestfallen as if Heaven had betrayed his trust and made the whole world turn against him.

On the other hand, Jing Yi could barely keep the corners of his mouth from rising up. This really was a case of digging a pit for yourself. He looked up at Qiu Ling with a gaze that was a mixture of pity and glee before he went over to the bed standing on the right side of the room and sat down on the edge. He swung his legs and gave Qiu Ling a smile. "Senior martial brother Qiu was completely right, ah. Being able to spend the night in a bed instead of on the hard ground sure will be nice. It’s even nicer that both of us have a bed all to ourselves, isn’t it?"

Qiu Ling looked from the right side to the left side and pursed his lips. If he used a little bit more force to sit down and made the bed collapse, would that be very obvious? He somehow felt like giving it a try.

2