405 Don’t Hope for too Much
33 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On top of the highest peak in the Yun Zou Sect, Grandmaster Zhangsun Xun Yi reached out and caught the paper crane that was flying toward him. He furrowed his brows and unfolded it, reading the message inside.

Surprisingly, this was a letter from his disciple that had gone out to travel with his fiance. Zhangsun Xun Yi hadn’t expected to hear from him so soon but when he saw the content of the letter he wasn’t too surprised anymore. This matter was truly something that needed to be dealt with.

He got up from where he had been seated on the meditation platform and then flew over to the Sect Master’s palace.

At that time, Yuchi Bing Xia was seated in his study with his brows drawn tight and was going through the ledgers detailing the current spending of the sect. He was mumbling to himself, not quite happy about what he was seeing. Ah, if only there was a way to make it rain money, all his worries would be gone at once.

"My disciple sent a letter."

Yuchi Bing Xia glanced up and put down the brush when he saw who it was that had come. "Oh? Is he doing well?"

Zhangsun Xun Yi went over and sat down on the other side of the table, handing the letter to Yuchi Bing Xia. "I’m sure that you will want to take a look."

The Sect Master furrowed his brows and looked over the letter. Seeing what the Grandmaster’s disciple described … His expression turned solemn. "That should be the same village of demonic practitioners that we wanted to investigate five years ago.

"Back then, the disciples weren’t able to find anything and when I send some of the Elders over later on, there also wasn’t a trace of them anymore. This truly makes me wonder if it’s a lucky coincidence we hear of them again now or a new problem.

"Do you think your disciple and his fiance are in danger?" The paper crane would need quite some time to arrive at the Yun Zou Sect. If the Grandmaster’s disciple and his fiance hadn’t been able to deal with the situation, it would be troublesome. Zhangsun Xun Yi had waited for so long to take in a disciple, if something happened to him, that really would be the Yun Zou Sect’s loss.

Zhangsun Xun Yi shook his head without a doubt though. "You don’t have to worry about that. Even though he isn’t very serious about practicing, he is strong. I guess his innate talent is just high enough that he can achieve more with less effort. So you don’t have to worry about that. I just thought that you might want to deal with this." Anyway, after what that person had told him about Qiu Ling’s origin, he didn’t worry about that youth anymore. Even if he did, there would be nothing he could do. So it was better to think about the things he could actually do something about.

Yuchi Bing Xia nodded. "Yu Jin has gotten better over the years but this is likely still tormenting him inside. He will want to take a look. It’s a pity that we don’t have too much information about what exactly the situation is. But I guess we can’t expect that either.

"I’ll tell him and have him go over with some of the other disciples. Anyway, now that we know where it is, they won’t need to search around too much. I hope they’ll be able to get them this time around."

Zhangsun Xun Yi nodded and then got up. "I guess you won’t need my help with that. I’ll returns then. If there’s anything else …"

Yuchi Bing Xia rubbed his forehead and shook his head. "Nothing you could help me with. Well, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I hope that those demonic practitioners have something lying around the disciples could bring back. We could truly use some good fortune right now."

Zhangsun Xun Yi looked at the documents in front of Yuchi Bing Xia and nodded. He had never interfered with these things since it wasn’t his place to do so but he knew that this was a constant burden on Yuchi Bing Xia as the Sect Master.

In fact, dealing with the matters of the sect had even made him neglect his own cultivation. It was a pity. Originally, he had been one of the people with the highest potential. He could only hope that with Yu Jin added as another excellent disciple, Yuchi Bing Xia would leave some of his tasks to the next generation and concentrate on himself again. Then, he might be able to make up for the past years. "There will be better times. Even if we encounter a rough stretch from time to time, we’ll get out of that."

Yuchi Bing Xia sighed. "I hope you’re right with that. This bad stretch has been going on for a little too long if you ask me. I just hope that we will be able to somehow overcome this. Otherwise …" He shook his head and sighed again. There was no use complaining. "Well, just being able to help Yu Jin is already enough this time around. If we can get some added benefits, then it would be good but I won’t hope too much. It’s not the most important thing."

Zhangsun Xun Yi nodded. "Let’s just see how it goes."

The two of them bid their farewell and Zhangsun Xun Yi returned to his peak. Yuchi Bing Xia read over the letter once again, making sure that there was no information he had overlooked. Then, he got up and stretched. He probably could’ve called Yu Jin over but after being cooped up in his study for so long, he felt that it would also be nice for him to go. Taking a small stroll together with his disciple sounded like a good idea. Maybe that youth would also open up some more if they spend more time together.

2