Something to Test the Theory
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qiu Ling pursed his lips. Well, it would’ve been too easy if this was any different. He probably should’ve known this already. After all, it was the same for him. It was his luck that he had inherited so much from his father and much less from his mother. Otherwise, he never would have been able to live as a dragon all these years.

"Well, I guess there’s nothing we can do about that. You go and search for some people then."

Qiu Ling already wanted to cut the line but at that moment, Xiang Yong appeared behind An Bai. "Your Majesty, one moment please."

Qiu Ling raised his brows and looked at him questioningly. Normally, he wouldn’t care and still would’ve gone ahead with cutting the connection but this time, he was afraid that Jing Yi and he would return to that awkward atmosphere from before. So he was more than happy to spend some more time talking to these guys and have something more that he could talk with Jing Yi about. After all, this was also about his friends. He would probably want to discuss it afterward.

Xiang Yong was a little surprised that his king was actually listening but then focused again. Anyway, it was a rare opportunity and he had to take advantage while it lasted. "An Bai just returned from the demon realm. Would you mind if I took care of this?"

Qiu Ling shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, why not? As long as you find some people."

"The person that was caught …"

"Oh, he’s Yi Zan’s nephew."

The two dragons widened their eyes. "That … Your Majesty is talking about Xiao Dong?"

Qiu Ling nodded. "Yeah, him. Why?"

An Bai and Xiang Yong exchanged a glance and then looked back at their king. "Well, depending on who the person is, others will be more willing to go and take care of the matter. Does his mother know?"

Qiu Ling scratched his head, wondering for a while. "I don’t think so? Well, he has only been in there for a few weeks. I don’t think anybody bothered to tell her."

An Bai’s brows twitched but he didn’t say anything to that and just left things to Xiang Yong. Anyway, it was true that he had just returned. While they hadn’t treated him badly, he also felt that he needed some rest. After all, he had had to stay vigilant all the time. It had taken a toll on him. In case that something else happened, it would be best if he took some time to rest now.

Xiang Yong also couldn’t help but feel the same way. Well, then again, he shouldn’t have expected anything else from their king. In fact, this was a rather normal reaction from his side. "I guess we should tell her first then and use that to recruit some people. The question is how to test whether or not they are useful for this mission."

While it wouldn’t be a problem to find people whose blood was part human or part god, it would be much more difficult to test out whether they would be affected by the things in the demon-hunting sect or not.

Qiu Ling also wondered about that. "Well, we can hardly send all of them there to test it out. We would need something to give it a try beforehand."

Xiang Yong nodded. "Well, I could send somebody out to search for some materials but … They would also have an adverse effect on our people. I’m not quite sure how well this would work out. Maybe we could borrow something from the gods?"

Qiu Ling gave a low hum. They would probably need to do that.

Next to him, Jing Yi looked from Qiu Ling’s face to the apparitions appearing above the transmission stone and finally, he couldn’t hold back. "Couldn’t you ask Hong Bao’s sister if you could borrow that sword of hers? It only seemed to be dangerous if you were actually cut with it. So maybe it wouldn’t have any negative effects when taken to the dragon realm."

An Bai and Xiang Yong raised their brows hearing that voice. Before this, Qiu Ling hadn’t bothered to hold the transmission stone in a way that let them see Jing Yi. They could imagine just who this person next to their king was though.

Xiang Yong gave a nod. "That is a good idea. Would that be possible, Your Majesty?"

Qiu Ling didn’t even think about it and just nodded. "Sure. I wouldn’t know what should speak against that." Actually, he might not even need to ask her sister. They could just ask that girl herself, couldn’t they? Anyway, she owed them! Never mind what had happened in the Nine Heavens, she also stood to the side the last time when that senior martial brother of hers attacked them. She might as well do something to make up for that! "Well, I can take care of that. You gather the people in the meantime."

Xiang Yong nodded. "Very well."

Qiu Ling didn’t bother to say goodbye and just cut the connection like he had wanted to do before already. Then, he turned to Jing Yi. "So … We could either ask her sister or Hong Bao itself. What do you think would be better?"

Jing Yi almost wanted to heave a sigh of relief when Qiu Ling looked at him and spoke with him. It seemed that this interruption had really allowed them to go back to how things had been before. He definitely couldn’t mess up right now.

Even though he was hurt that Qiu Ling didn’t want to marry him, it would be even worse if they couldn’t even be together. So in the end, he could only accept what Qiu Ling had decided and go forward as he had before.

"Well, I’m not sure. Hong Bao also was involved in that matter last time. Do you think she would help us? Her sister might not know yet. So maybe she would be the better option. Also, she doesn’t have anything to do with the demon-hunting sects. So she wouldn’t have any conflicting loyalties."

Qiu Ling nodded. "Then we should go seek out her sister." If she didn’t want to help, then that other girl could still be the backup plan. It could never be wrong to have one.

0