447 Wouldn’t It Be Unfair?
38 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the three of them arrived at the place where the groups had split up, nobody else had returned yet. Yu Jin glanced around and then sat down next to the roots of a tree, closing his eyes and starting to cultivate.

Cen Fu couldn’t help but look at him with starry eyes. No wonder that Yu Jin was the Sect Master’s disciple. He was actually so diligent that even in such a short moment where they would wait for the others, he would still sit down and cultivate. He was simply too hard-working!

Qiguan Cheng Da also looked at Yu Jin, his lips pressed together tightly. Considering that Yu Jin had just said that they would return to the Yun Zou Sect as soon as the others returned, he would have to bring up the matter with the pill after all. But if he wanted to do that, then this would be the best moment for it since not many people were around yet. Yes, he could not wait any longer. Otherwise, things wouldn’t work out in his favor.

He hesitated a moment longer and then sat down next to Yu Jin, pretending to also cultivate. Inwardly, he was planning his conversation with Yu Jin though. With him, it was always difficult to talk about matters. He would answer if you asked him a question but it was seldom more than just a few words. That would be very awkward with Cen Fu around.

But then again, if he did manage to take the Amethyst Lightning pill and became a talent with heavenly spirit veins, he would definitely be taken into the inner sect. Then he might be able to find a Master of his own and wouldn’t need to rely on Yu Jin anymore so maybe it wasn’t too important.

Of course, it could only have advantages to be affiliated with the disciple of the Sect Master. In fact, just that relationship might make him gain a very good Master for himself. After all, who wouldn’t want to have a closer relationship with the Sect Master? The Elders certainly weren’t an exception. So if he could provide that relationship to somebody, that was an invaluable asset.

In other words, he had to have this conversation without letting Cen Fu in on the actual nature of their relationship in case this person would run around and blab in the Yun Zou Sect. On the other hand, he also needed to try not to destroy his relationship with Yu Jin. It would be best of all that worked out. The most important was securing the Amethyst Lightning pill though.

Even if things went horribly wrong and he could not keep up appearances any longer, there was still an option as long as he managed to achieve that: He could just leave so Yun Zou Sect and become the disciple of another sect. With heavenly spirit veins, it wouldn’t be a problem at all. No, those other sects would gladly take him in and laugh at the Yun Zou Sect for not seeing talent. Yes, he did not have to fear anything.

With that thought, Qiguan Cheng Da opened his eyes and sighed, turning to Yu Jin. "Senior martial brother Yu …"

Yu Jin slightly furrowed his brows but didn’t indicate otherwise if he had actually heard him.

Qiguan Cheng Da gritted his teeth. Did this guy feel that even giving a nod or asking what he wanted to know was beneath him? "I don’t want to disturb your cultivation but I was pondering this matter and wondered what your thoughts on it were."

Yu Jin cracked his eyes open and turned to look at him but still didn’t open his mouth. This was probably as much of an invitation anyone would get to speak up in his presence.

Qiguan Cheng Da gave a smile and then turned to him further, putting on a troubled expression. "We will be returning to the sect as soon as the others come back here, won’t we?"

Yu Jin gave a hum. He had already said that so this was indisputable.

"Well, if I remember correctly, the mission stated that all the participants would be able to take three things for themselves while the rest had to be given to the sect."

Yu Jin waited for him to continue.

Qiguan Cheng Da sighed. "Well, I was just wondering … Down there, the things everyone secured were different considering that the inner sect disciples have better equipment to carry things. So what the outer sect disciples took were mostly those pills and herbs that didn’t take up much space. Two of the disciples are practitioners, aren’t they? I’m afraid those herbs won’t be of much value to them.

"If they could only choose from what they themselves took, then wouldn’t that be too unfair to them? Have you thought about how to go about this? I mean you are in charge of this mission. You will probably handle everything until the last moment, won’t you?"

Yu Jin gave a hum. Naturally, he would be the one in charge of that. Otherwise, who should do that? The Sect Master? People would probably be excited to hear that the Sect Master of the Yun Zou Sect was idle enough to care about such things.

Qiguan Cheng Da stared at him, waiting for what he had to say. Yu Jin just closed his eyes and continued to cultivate though. He didn’t give any indication of what he was planning.

This … Was he giving him the cold shoulder for something he had done or did this mean he had to think about it? Couldn’t he say his reasoning out loud?!

Qiguan Cheng Da gritted his teeth in anger but with a look at Cen Fu, he also turned back and closed his eyes as if he wasn’t bothered by this reaction at all and just wanted to cultivate. Well, as long as Yu Jin brought it up later on, he could pretend that he had been the one who alerted him to this difficult problem. That should be proof of their good relationship, shouldn’t it?

2