484 Coming to an Agreement
34 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whether or not waiting a few more minutes would make a difference was still to be seen. At the very least, in the mortal realm, the merchant had already brought Jing Yi over to meet Liu Cheng and they had introduced themselves. Hearing that he was from the Yun Zou Sect, Liu Cheng’s originally polite but distant attitude because warmer.

"So you’re part of the Yun Zou Sect. Actually, my Master happens to be friends with the Sect Master of the Yun Zou Sect. I guess helping you is a matter of course. I would have to be ashamed of myself if I didn’t help out somebody from the sect we’re on friendly terms with."

Jing Yi’s eyes widened in surprise. He had hoped that this person would help him since he was from a deity sect as well and might feel compassionate when he told him about Qiu Ling’s situation. He never would have expected that this person might actually be from a sect that had a good relationship with the Yun Zou Sect though. He never even would’ve thought about that.

It probably wasn’t surprising if one considered Jing Yi’s status in the sect. He was merely an outer sect disciple. He didn’t have a Master and didn’t even have a close relationship with most of the disciples. There were only the two people he had already known in the capital city of the Long kingdom and Qiguan Cheng Da who happened to be from the same region as he was. Other than them, he had only become well-acquainted with Qiu Ling but that had also been on Qiu Ling’s initiative. Thus, the political situation of the Yun Zou Sect was completely beyond him.

Suddenly being faced with such a pleasant surprise, Jing Yi was speechless for a moment before he gave Liu Cheng a bright smile. "Thank you very much!" He cupped his fists and bowed, giddy with joy. That had worked out much better than he had hoped for. Now, he really would be able to see Qiu Ling again very soon.

Liu Cheng nodded but then put on a thoughtful expression. "I don’t know if you’ve been told already but there is still something I have to do in this town. So we can only set off in a few days. I hope you don’t mind."

Jing Yi hurriedly shook his head. "Of course not. If you have something to do, then you should take care of that first. If there’s anything I can help you with, you can also tell me. I’ll try to pay you back in any way that I can."

Liu Cheng smiled but shook his head. "I’m afraid there’s nothing you can help with. It’s alright for you to just stay here and wait for me to finish. After that, we can leave."

Jing Yi nodded and didn’t argue any further. If this person thought that he wouldn’t be of any help, then he certainly wouldn’t try to force his help on him. After all, if he did something wrong, he might make even more trouble. That wasn’t what he wanted. Maybe there would be ways for him to repay him later on when they traveled.

Liu Cheng turned to the merchant next to Jing Yi. "Would it be a problem for the boy to stay with you for the time being?"

The merchant shook his head. "Of course not. I was the one who invited you to help us out. If you have decided to travel with him, then I’ll naturally let him stay here for a while." He turned to Jing Yi, giving him a thoughtful look. "Is that alright with you?"

Jing Yi also turned to the merchant and pondered. He definitely needed a place to stay in since he had nothing to give so he wouldn’t be able to rent a room anywhere. He might be able to help this person out a bit in exchange for it but it was difficult enough to say if that would be an equivalent exchange. And other than that … "Well … Madam Si is still in the town for a few days. Maybe I could also stay with her and continue to help her until she finishes her business here. After that, I’d gladly accept it if you don’t mind."

The man smiled and nodded with appreciation. It seemed that he hadn’t misjudged this boy. He really was thinking on behalf of others. "Very well, that’s a good decision. Madam Si will be happy that you’re thinking of her this much. Then I guess I’ll let the two of you continue to talk about your matters. If you’re finished, you can just tell one of the servants. They’ll bring you back to the inn."

Jing Yi bowed and gave the man his thanks again before bidding him goodbye.

When the merchant had left, Liu Cheng turned to Jing Yi. "If you don’t mind asking me, what are you doing out here on your own? This is very far away from the Yun Zou Sect. Weren’t any other disciples with you? Did you get in trouble?"

Jing Yi gave a wry smile. "You could say it like that. Originally, I was traveling with my senior martial brother but then …" He shook his head and sighed, recounting his experience to Liu Cheng.

The demon hunter couldn’t help but furrow his brows. That merchant had called him over because they suspected that there was a demon close by that was causing trouble. He hadn’t yet been able to find the demon but now that he heard that a cultivator had been hurt in the vicinity, he felt this was very likely the doing of a demon. He should investigate this more closely. Something had to be afoot!

1