667 Too Good an Opportunity to Pass Up
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the Yun Zou Sect, Leng Jin Yu had made his way over to the building where Qiguan Cheng Da lived with some of the other inner sect disciples that didn’t have a Master yet. He made sure not to think of any matters of his actual life and slipped back into the role of Sect Master Yuchi’s youngest disciple Yu Jin. He couldn’t be distracted and make any mistakes.

Calming himself, he walked up to a disciple with a neutral expression. He just wanted to ask about Qiguan Cheng Da when the disciple’s face lit up.

"Senior martial brother Yu! What can I do for you?!"

Leng Jin Yu’s brows faintly twitched. This manner of excitedly greeting him … it felt rather familiar. Sure enough, this disciple was Cen Fu who had previously accompanied him and the others on that mission about the demonic practitioners’ village. Well, this also wasn’t bad.

He faintly nodded toward him. "Junior martial brother Cen."

Cen Fu looked as if he was about to pass out from receiving the favor of actually being remembered by the Sect Master’s disciple. "Senior martial brother, why have you come here? Is something the matter? Just say it and I’ll take care of it immediately!"

Leng Jin Yu nodded once again. "I am looking for Qiguan Cheng Da. He should be living here?" He faintly furrowed his brows and glanced around.

To be honest, his opinion of Qiguan Cheng Da was low. He wouldn’t hesitate to stab you in the back if it got him any benefits. Naturally, that kind of disciple was a menace for every deity sect. He really didn’t want that for the Yun Zou Sect but it was the only way. A normal disciple wouldn’t make any trouble for Zhong Jing Yi so they couldn’t be used to create obstacles. Qiguan Cheng Da was vicious enough though. He would try to trample him if he got the slightest chance. It was too good an opportunity to pass up.

He felt sorry for Cen Fu though. This disciple was clearly attentive and would do any task given to him as well as he could. He also had a nondescript face that would be great both for being a spy himself and playing an informant posing as a passerby. Either of these tasks probably should have gone to him. The benefits would be good and he could also provide what the sect needed. It was a pity that things couldn’t go that way.

Cen Fu’s impression of Qiguan Cheng Da didn’t seem to be any higher. When he heard that Yu Jin was looking for him, his expression stiffened. He didn’t seem to want to say so outright though. Instead, he hesitated for a moment and then inquired carefully. "Senior martial brother Yu, you and junior martial brother Qiguan … you get along very well?"

Leng Jin Yu looked at him, once again feeling that Cen Fu probably would have been perfect as a spy. He was able to see through people and knew who he could trust and who not. Fate really was harsh to have him be a disciple of the Yun Zou Sect at this time.

He almost wanted to sigh but held back and just explained himself. "I am just here to inform him of something."

"Oh." Cen Fu nodded hurriedly but the relief on his face was visible. Clearly, he was worried about Leng Jin Yu’s well-being. Not that that was strange. Back on that mission, pretty much everyone had realized that there was something strange going on with Qiguan Cheng Da. It was just that they had no proof and nothing to investigate this on so they could only leave it be.

Cen Fu motioned over to the stairs. "Then, should I bring senior martial brother Yu over or should I get junior martial brother Qiguan down here?"

Leng Jin Yu glanced at the stairs himself. Getting Qiguan Cheng Da to come would mean that they would be overheard. In this situation, that really wasn’t good. After all, almost every sect would have a spy or two from the other faction. Thus, it was much better to just go over. "Let’s go."

Cen Fu nodded and then led him over, knocking on the door for him before he stepped back. He waited though, hoping to be able to spend some more time with him when he came back.

"Yes?" Despite the knock, Qiguan Cheng Da didn’t go to open the door and just stayed where he was. In his opinion, he wasn’t that nameless outer sect disciple with only minor spirit veins anymore, he was one of those geniuses with heavenly spirit veins of the inner sect now! Why should he go and open the door for anyone? With just some more time, he would find a Master and then advance by leaps and bounds. Those other inner sect disciples living in this building would bend over backwards to curry favor with him by then.

Leng Jin Yu looked at the door with an insipid expression. He felt Cen Fu seething a few steps away but he wouldn’t be upset over something like this. He could imagine why Qiguan Cheng Da behaved like this but, in his eyes, that kind of behavior was just laughable.

After acquiring his new aptitude through shady means, did he really think that his place in the Yun Zou Sect was that much better? He might be an inner sect disciple now but the Elders were all warned. They likely wouldn’t take him in as a disciple for fear of inadvertently raising a tiger on their mountain that would turn around to harm them and their other disciples.

With that kind of reputation, Qiguan Cheng Da’s prospects for the future were pretty much just as limited as before. Even in the world of cultivators and practitioners, you still needed to rely on good relationships with others until you were one day strong enough to hold up the sky by yourself. Only then could you become a little complacent. And Qiguan Cheng Da was for from that point.

0