668 The Sect Master’s Disciple
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cen Fu became angrier the longer he had to watch Leng Jin Yu stand in front of the door. This person was the Sect Master’s disciple, a role model for all of them who was entirely focused on cultivation and his sword practices. How dare Qiguan Cheng Da make him wait like this?!

After a moment, he couldn’t help but step forward again. "Senior martial brother Yu —"

Leng Jin Yu shook his head at him. In any case, Qiguan Cheng Da probably hadn’t bothered to check just who was outside to make sure it wasn’t somebody he couldn’t offend. Well, that wasn’t his problem.

Looking straight at the door, he breezily answered Qiguan Cheng Da’s so-called 'greeting'. "Junior martial brother Qiguan, I came to relay my Master’s order."

Inside the room, Qiguan Cheng Da perked up. Wasn’t this that senior martial brother Yu that always ran around with a deadpan expression? He hadn’t really seen him after that mission since Yu Jin had stayed behind and wouldn’t usually come to find him on his own. He basically had had to chase after this guy or wait somewhere where he knew he would appear sooner or later to be able to latch onto him.

Just thinking about it, Qiguan Cheng Da was tempted to just ignore him. What did he need him anymore? He was already part of the inner sect. What more could that Yu Jin offer him?

Qiguan Cheng Da really didn’t react for several seconds. Finally, he got up though, and went over to open the door with a smile. No matter what, this person was still the Sect Master’s disciple and if rumors were true, he was even his favorite disciple. He had a chance of following in that man’s footsteps and taking over the Yun Zou Sect in the future. Thus, it would be best to continue to entertain him. He might be able to reap benefits in the future.

In any case, he had already invested a lot of time in this relationship. Wouldn’t it be dumb to dump him before he got something more out of it? Yes, this bridge shouldn’t be burned too quickly. It would be much better to squeeze this for what it was worth. If Yu Jin turned out to not be able to help him any longer, then he could still dump him.

"Senior martial brother Yu, I’m sorry for being so slow. I was cultivating just now and needed a moment to collect myself. Why don’t you come in? I can’t offer you much but I hope you won’t mind."

Leng Jin Yu nodded and stepped inside, not saying anything about Qiguan Cheng Da’s treatment as if he had truly believed his words. Behind him, Cen Fu was glaring daggers at Qiguan Cheng Da but he stayed outside. This matter didn’t concern him. He shouldn’t get involved. Thus, he could only watch in anger as Qiguan Cheng Da closed the door behind them and hope that he wouldn’t treat senior martial brother Yu badly.

Meanwhile, Leng Jin Yu sat down at the table where Qiguan Cheng Da had been drinking tea and made to pour himself a cup while he got straight to the point. "Zhong Jing Yi was sent to the Hei Dian Sect of the evil faction to find out some information. My Master wants you to go over and meet with him to find out what he has accomplished so far."

Qiguan Cheng Da frowned. Not even talking about the fact that Yu Jin wasn’t any more courteous than he had been before, the Sect Master would give him such a task? "Why does he want me to do it? Isn’t this just playing the messenger? He should just send someone from the outer sect instead." He took up his own teacup and sipped the tea, imitating what he had seen from Yu Jin. This whole matter actually made him regret to have even let him in. This kind of thankless task wasn’t something he wanted to get. With his position in the sect now, shouldn’t he get better treatment?

Leng Jin Yu watched the person who obviously despised him try to mimic his movements, feeling a hint of ridicule inside. Back when he was still a young disciple in the Jian Yi Sect, he had seen a lot of things. While his own sect had never condoned harming your fellow disciples, there were still other sects, and even in the Jian Yi Sect itself 'harming' could be seen in many ways.

Profiteers like Qiguan Cheng Da that would be at your side and flatter you when things were looking up for you and you could give them benefits but would disappear as soon as the first sign of a dark cloud appeared on the horizon were many. It was a matter of course in a large sect. The Elders couldn’t keep an eye on everyone’s movements so as a disciple, one also needed to learn how to judge others accordingly.

In Qiguan Cheng Da’s case, it was really too easy. His thoughts almost seemed to be written on his forehead. Just a year ago, he would have been overwhelmed by favor and rushed to promise to finish this task satisfactorily. But now, he deemed himself to be above this.

Leng Jin Yu lowered his gaze, staring at the tea instead as if deep in thought. Since he had thought up this plan, he had to go through with it. Qiguan Cheng Da might not have a choice either way since it was the Sect Master’s orders but it couldn’t hurt to make sure nothing went wrong so he took the time to explain further. "It sounds easy but it actually isn’t. This task requires you to venture into the evil faction’s territory and not just to any place but to the grounds of the Hei Dian Sect which is akin to their headquarters. It will be fraught with danger. How could this mission be given to just anyone?"

"Still. I have heavenly spirit veins. Isn’t it too much to ask me to do this? Senior martial brother Yu, I wouldn’t bring this up if it was anyone but you. We have known each other for a long time already. Don’t you feel like your Master is looking down on me by giving me such a task? Why don’t you talk to him and advise him to choose somebody else?"

Leng Jin Yu put down his cup and turned to the window. Ah, he just wanted to go back and try painting again. This guy was so bothersome. "It was I who suggested you for this task."

0