Poll: Which story was your favorite?
159 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please do not vote in this poll unless you have read both chapters of all three stories.

 

So, as it says in the synopsis, these are some stories I have had knocking around in my head for a while now and I would honestly like to be able to write all three of them. However, that would be asking a little too much of my time. Instead, I have decided to treat one as a main series, one as a side project, and then place the third one on the back burner.

The main project will have a regular schedule. I am aiming for releases either every day or every other day. Some people who have been reading my "Second Life as the Sister of a Goddess" series may have noticed I reduced the word count down to a little over 2000 instead of a little over 3000. This 1/3 reduction honestly does a LOT in terms of removing a bit of mental strain. That additional thousand words is heavier than you would think. I actually feel pretty good about writing 2000 word chapters and think I can do so at a pretty good clip. Longer chapters are fun, but not worth it in terms of how much of a drain it is over time.

In addition, there will be a number of bonus chapters for the main story. I plan to have closer to the standard 10 to 20 this time around, so I hope that might make a difference.

 

The side project will not have a set release schedule, it will just be any time I happened to have enough free time to push out a chapter. I do hope to have a chapter a week, but can't make a guarantee on that. It will also have no bonus chapters for subscribers.

The back-burner project will not be published anywhere until one of the other two stories finishes. I will probably be working on chapters for the back-burner project at a rate of around 10 per year, but they will remain on the hard drive of my computer.

 

Also as stated in the synopsis, these three stories all take place within the same multiverse and share the same Earth. They also all have definite positions on the timeline, and there are a series of events I have taking place on Earth behind the scenes as each of the stories are progressing which make it somewhat meaningful as to where the story fits on the timeline.

If I were to compare the timeline here to the Zelda timeline, I would place the first on the timeline, A New Hero God, as being the equivalent of something like Four Swords or Minish Cap. Not the beginning of the timeline, and not a significant event on it either. You don't really need it to comprehend the bigger picture, it just fits around there on the timeline relative to all the really big events.

Continuing the comparison, Key to the Void would be more an equivalent to Ocarina of Time. No, it doesn't create a split timeline or anything like that, but just like how Ocarina of Time is quite likely the single most important event on the entire Zelda timeline, Key to the Void is likely the single most significant point on the timeline in terms of understanding the larger story unfolding. I realize the way I did Sister of a Goddess was fairly lackluster. This simply cannot stand for something that's supposed to bring the entire multiverse together, so this is why I have decided to reboot it and it is slated to absolutely at least be the side project regardless of how the voting turns out. (It will be the main project if it gets the top spot, but if it gets 3rd it is still going to be the side project.)

I am not solid on how much time has separated A New Hero God and Key to the Void. The inciting incident (AKA the on-Earth death of the MC) occurs in A New Hero God first, but it might be the case that the two could be going on at the same time as one-another. I haven't quite worked that out yet. However, The Class of Outworlders takes place a LONG time after either of the other two. It would be similar to the place occupied by Breath of the Wild on the Zelda timeline. It begins quite safely after the point where Key to the Void is set to end it's run.

 

This is just some more information to help in making whatever decision you may be inclined to. You can either incorporate the timeline information into your decision, or you can just dismiss it completely because you only care about the quality of the story and whether or not it appeals to you. Either way, please do vote. It will help a lot.

Which story do you just have to see more of?
  • A New Hero God Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Key to the Void Votes: 13 50.0%
  • The Class of Outworlders Votes: 6 23.1%
Total voters: 26
5