Chapter Three: The Black Book
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now about energy, due to the spirit world being such a mystery, there are many things in the world that you may never have seen before like ruins, honored relics and Armament's, and even demons. These things are for you to learn in school, for now let's get you started with your energy."

Zephyr and Shelly were witness to the energy exploding out of Hardin. It was something Zephyr never saw before and his blood just started burning and his heart started pumping like never before. His amethyst eyes started turning greenish while the lines Shelly had on his body like the fine lines of a perfect emerald were getting darker. Along with Shelly's original green eyes which were turning darker. It was slapping the ground repeatedly and making noises. Renault had already sensed Zephyr already but just left him be but approached upon witnessing the deteriorating situation. He looked on in a frown and yet did nothing to prevent the situation from continuing.

"Father do something!" Hardin yelled beside Renault in a frantic panic.
"Do what? He is awakening, this is strange, normally one is not supposed to be in pain in a normal ceremony, could something have happened?
Zephyr had long fallen unconscious and his mind seemed to be transported elsewhere.

"Where am I?" Zephyr cowered a bit from the gloomy atmosphere. There was only darkness and smoke and a purple horizon in sight. In Zephyr's sight were two darkish purple orbs that extended out to him. He crushed the first one and a massive book appeared in his hands.

It was completely black from the front to back and when Zephyr opened the pages everything was worn out and the weirdest part was that everything was blank pages. The other orb, at a closer glance, was way blacker than the orb that the book came in, it gave off a evil aura that beckoned one to fall into temptation.

After a quick two second contemplation, the eight year old quickly crushed it and that's when he felt absurd pain rush his head. He fell unconscious but his last remaining memory was a series of hair raising cackles.

***
On the outside world the family of four were surrounding the deep asleep Zephyr with worries in their eyes, even bedridden Aaly was up and about after hearing about her son. Renault looked calm and a tad bit more somber than usual and only when they saw Zephyr wrinkle his brow and frown did they all show happiness.

"Urgh where am I?"
"Zephyr!?!?"
"Zephyr!?!?"

Three screams came out of nowhere which startled Zephyr completely awake. There he saw his family surrounding him with looks of concern over their faces as well as his hard to tell dad standing in the corner. "What happened to me?"

"You fell unconscious outside of my room" Hardin explained.

"Did you awaken anything Zephyr?" Hardin commented.

"What do you mean?" Zephyr replied.
Well these sort of situations only appeared in stories, plus Shelly also appeared different in appearance with way more blackness, so, did you encounter anything in your dream son?" Renault smoothly spoke.

"Um I remember this.... Black book?" With that and a wave of his hand a black orb appeared from inside his chest and became a black book. When opening it this time the first page had a monkey beast drawn on the first page.
"Is that supposed to be Shelly?" Hardin asked, confused.

Ya but why's it look so... Intimidating?" Ralph added. 
"Can you try using that book Zephyr?" Renault asked. This was a great week for him as two of his kids awakened and were both exceptionally rare kinds.

"let's see, hrghh!!? Zephyr groaned and gasped sickly. The black book resonated a bit with whatever he tried doing but it wasn't sufficient enough to activate it.

"So I see, you need more energy and since you barely have any since you didn't train, you can't fully utilize your book. From now until Hardin leaves, you will train with us, Ralph you study harder."

"Yes Father!!" All of them responded.
Thus two weeks of peaceful training went by where Hardin would practice with his wooden sword in a duel against a unforgiving Renault were he would mercilessly strike his son down the moment he let up.

All this happened while Zephyr just patiently watched everything while meditating and taking in the energy of the spirit world. It was a head scratcher as he was remarkably the fastest Renault had ever seen in absorbing but there was no progress In his stage nor the book.

It was a bottomless well so after another week of the same thing, Renault decided to take them hunting. They grabbed a couple of horses and set out for the shady forest where many creatures and animals ran amok. Pretty soon Shelly started hooting and Zephyr was able to make out what it meant and passed it on to his dad.

"Dad there are two Roan Boars 50 meters west of our position or that's what Shelly told me".
Renault nodded and turned west and started seeking them out. He was a bit surprised on how sharp the monkey was but nevertheless remained steadfast and told Hardin his mission.
"Take at least one down" Renault said

"Roger" Hardin approached the two boars drinking water from the river and quickly used his barrier to separate the two and forced a one vs one with the other spectating. He quickly summoned Shiede and allowed it to use its frost breath and made quick work of the boar.

However, while he was eradicating one of the boars, the other used its tusks to smash a hole In the barrier and rush to the evil perpetrator. However it was once again stopped mid dash in another ocean blue barrier but this one had a small hole, this allowed the lizard to use its frost breath and he got rid of the both of them easily.

"Amazing" Zephyr cheered.
"He he" Hardin chuckled nicely.
"We move on forward".
"Whaaaaat, I'm beat. C'mon let me rest". Zephyr complained adamantly.

"Silence. Listen to the command of those above and don't break military rule.
"Yes sir." they both groaned, this was how they were raised after all. Their dad completely fit the bill of a general and thus with complaints hidden in their hearts they trudged forward on their horses.

When Zephyr was watching a five band flying mimosa snake, a deceitful snake that looked colorful but wasn't poisonous get killed by the lizard, he heard a cackle in his mind and he felt the black book being called.

When Zephyr opened the book he saw under the drawing of the monkey two lines filled with words.
Life: Shiede phantom x5.
Death: Mimosa snake phantom

0