Chapter Nine: Possession
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang! Zephyr came to himself and realized he was back into the classroom and saw the class looking at him with Linus staring at him with only a few centimeters of space away.
"Your zoning out already? Did you not hear me? introduce yourself." Linus explained.

"My name is Zephyr Reinhardt, I just came from my hometown in Scylla, a village far in the outskirts of Liandry. I like peace and quiet and watching the clouds float by." Zephyr sat down after completing his introduction.

Linus was disappointed with this already lazy student showing up, he was quite shook when he heard the last name but took it as commonplace because the boy said he lived in a village all his life. He could not associate one of the highest powers in this kingdom, with a boy who definitely had the feel of a villager. The other kids looked strangely at Zephyr and his bare faced lies but kept to themselves for fear of his retaliation.

"I see, next up is Lute Thunder." Linus moved on.
"Hello, my name is Lute Thunder, I'm eight. Have a good day" she said three sentences in a small voice and immediately sat right back down.

"Uh, I see... Moving on.." Linus then asked for the other kids names to get to know them better.

"Now, I will expand on energy. There are multiple stages, starting from student, it is student, disciple, master,warrior, great master, elite, ascended, spiritual and paragon. Energy and spirit play a big role In how strong a warrior becomes. They are proportional to each other and are a necessity, you can have made huge amount of progress and still be weak due to a horrible blessing and summon and vice versa. Having a strong summon means nothing if you cannot sustain the energy needed."

Linus continued his lecture once again and the class passed quickly once again as even Zephyr's attention was caught. He remembered his Father told him he made great progress in his cultivation of energy but he still could not manipulate his surroundings and show his energy.

It all for some reason kept going inside his body and strengthening it automatically. This was the reason why Zephyr seemed to have limitless strength and stamina.

"In a week when everyone shows me their progress, we will meet outside and spar as a friendly competition, remember, this is a BATTLE academy, there's no need for cowards, no matter the age. Class dismissed!"

With that Linus walked out of the room and the kids quickly formed their groups and chatted with their friends about the class today. It was oddly distinct as the nobles got together and the rest of the hierarchy set themselves as well, commoner's and peasants were distinct in their mannerisms and aura.

The only odd group were the group near the middle, Zephyr's group which the nobles despised. They had commoners like Aqua and Magma, a noble from house Thunder, and a complete mongrel named Zephyr with them.

His thirst for blood was pretty well known at this point so no one spoke up to insult his dignity and things naturally took their course.

With fear in the hearts of nobles and respect and dread in everybody else, Zephyr already became the leader of the class.
Having enough of this atmosphere, Zephyr stood up and grabbed Lute's hand and started for the door.

"Let's head elsewhere to play, we don't have class until four hours from now. Their classes were split up into morning and afternoon and were taught mostly similar things its just that the afternoon was more workout oriented while the morning was result oriented.

"I got to absorb energy daily. My Father said every time a class ends, I should return to my dorm and try to unlock energy level one and hopefully earn an early summon. Lute softly explained to the impatient Zephyr.

"Fine how long does a practice session take you, five minutes? I can wait that long, lets go." Zephyr said
"I train to sense the energy of the world for at least half an hour a day, maybe a whole hour." Lute responded disappointedly.
"Fine I'll practice with you!" Zephyr sat on a fine patch of grass and stayed beside Lute, watching her meditate.

There looked like a glow of light and lightning being emitted from her, making Lute look holy and saintly. Zephyr felt a sense of discomfort but did not mind it and closed his eyes and tried focusing on himself.

Darkness soon emanated from Zephyr and Shelly who popped out from a tree also came and sat in his lap and rested its eyes.

Its color started turning darker and darker until Shelly completely turned obsidian colored while Zephyr's skin started taking on an emerald colored hue, becoming glossier.

The energy In the vicinity started going rampant and started converging on Zephyr's location, he was completely focused on that feeling he went through during his transformation and subconsciously denied any form of interruption, causing the rampant untainted energy to be converted to Lute's and becoming more of her holy energy.

In the distance inside a building, a stern looking old man was watching the kids prance around through the open window when they just randomly sat down and two extraordinary events happened side by side.

The boys aura sharply grew and the monkey transformed into something that looked pretty terrifying and dark while the lady seemed to be going through an awakening.

As the headmaster, he made it his mission to make sure these two special kids remain protected.

He radiated his aura and used a ray of light to enclose the space they were on, this was a small trick to avoid prying eyes and could let the girl pray in peace.

Soon the old mans eyes bulged out as three streaks of bright white light shout out from the rift formed and shot into the girl, soon a halo came on top of her head while a newborn kitty was perched on her lap.

As Lute opened her eyes, a dazzling radiance exploded from her that gave a warm light, a groan was emitted from Zephyr as he was forcefully awakened. His form returned to normal as he looked at the new Lute.
"Woow, your eyes have an extra circle of light in them! and there's a kitty with you?! Congratulations on awakening!" Zephyr excitedly said.

"No, it was because of you, Lute was able to figure out where the abundance of energy came from and quickly showed her gratitude while showing a happy smile. She then turned her attention to the kitty in her arms.
"I guess I'll call you...Ivaldi?

"Purr" the kitty meowed, feeling its masters embrace.
They soon made their way to the field to run around and play games, unaware of an old man in a huge tower with a twinkle in his eyes.

"In three years, they could gain glory for the elementary academy and in maybe seven, all of Liandry!" That man has quite the keen eye, telling me to protect the boy so early on. The man stroked his beard as a massive grin was plastered on his face
"Its time for the rebirth of three streaks."
***
After a fun and relaxing day with Lute, he dropped her off and made his way back to the dorm and noticed something was off. The teacher in white that day showed up in the middle of the night and looked at the boy.

"None can disrespect the Duke's dignity, and that extends to his family line as well." The man raised his arms and a gale of wind emerged and was pushed towards Zephyr.

The wind was sharp and quick, causing severe wounds around and he was quick to notice that the area was semi abandoned as this was the long way to the dorms and they were close to a forests entrance.

After escaping from that small tornado and left bloody, Zephyr made the calm and collected choice of making a dash for the forest and trying to maneuver there as no kid would get in the way of a teacher "disciplining a student."

When Zephyr made a quick turn behind a few trees, he summoned Shelly out from his chest and tossed him into a tree and kept moving. They basically only needed a glance to communicate with how intelligent the monkey was. All of a sudden a burst of wind knocked many trees aside and a man standing on a a tornado mid air appeared before Zephyr.

"Give up and accept your punishment, I obviously won't kill a child but some discipline is needed so you learn to not touch someone of a higher status! Raging wind scythes!" Multiple wins blades flew forward almost immediately straight for Zephyr.

When all looked lost for Zephyr his eyes turned completely black and his aura turned sinister. Shelly who was perched on a tree close by also transformed to about two and a half meters in height and grew black as night with its claws and fangs out and looked terribly vicious.
"Finally free am I? kekeke." a voice dark and low emerged from the boy. The man, mister Ester, felt the area around him turn darker and more evil. A chill attacked his heart as he looked at the boy shrug off his attack with little difficulty.

"This body took a long time to possess, especially because of that ancient book but now I'm finally free!" 'Zephyr' looked to the sky and howled, Shelly immediately flew into the back of Ester with the force of a bombshell and every slap down had the power of added gravity, a newly acquired power of Shelly in its transformation. "This black book works in tandem with my power, see the book records abilities and I absorb energy to replenish myself, if I ever reach below that threshold, that boy will wake up, so I'm sorry human I met but we can't have that. I need energy to replenish!"
'Zephyr' approached Ester and reached out and palmed the face of Ester and they both starting radiating the color black. Soon the energy was devoured fully and Ester looked dead and soulless as he was essentially crippled, forever losing his stage eight disciple energy.
"You must be wondering how even though you are so much higher than me in cultivation, why did it end up this way, because this boy's body is special. The energy I let loose subconsciously due to my overwhelming power is instead of being taken back to the world, is instead brought deeper into my body and refined into my muscles and makes me stronger. Adding on his previous power and monkey beast, I did not need to subdue the black book to beat you. Begone from my sight."

A blast of dark energy eradicated the remains of Ester and all that was left was the savage looking Shelly looking at the evil familiar, yet unfamiliar silhouette of its master.

'Zephyr' brought out his book in an attempt to fully take over but an orb came from inside Zephyrs chest and resonated with the book and the possessor was caught unprepared,
"I thought I broke free already!?!?"

A burst of purple light exploded and all that remained was a tattered and injured unconscious Zephyr with a glowing sigil on his chest that faded soon after.

After awakening, Zephyr came to his senses and after taking in his surroundings, a sharp pain like a million ants biting him took over as he crawled around in a bid to divert his pain.

After a few breaths Zephyr was finally aware of his injured appearance and thought back to how the man hunted him all the way here just to inflict damage as retaliation and 'left'.

Zephyr decided to inflict even more damage as revenge to the kids but had to save his plans for later. He made his way back to the academy silently as it was still very early and barely anyone was around and he quickly made his way back to his building.

0