STORY 1: The Season of Camellias [SYNOPSIS]
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Milou and Saliou are Omega twins born into a working-class family that later rose to the upper echelon of society.

Meanwhile, Wren belongs to a prestigious line of largely dominant Alphas. Although appearing as a recluse and lacking in social graces to many, Wren is a loyal and gentle person to those he chooses as friends.

The three grew up together as childhood playmates, eventually becoming the best of friends.

However, it was not a secret that both twins are fond of the young Alpha. But for Wren, the younger twin Saliou, is the love of his heart. He does not truly have any other relationship that compares with this one. And although he cares for Milou deeply, their relationship is not as deep as the one he shares with Saliou.

In this world, coming across one's Fated Mate is almost impossible, especially when Omega numbers began to decline. One Alpha to One Omega.

So when Wren and Saliou discovered that they are in fact a Fated Pair, it was nothing short of a miracle.

But amidst this blossoming love, the seed of jealousy and despair was sown in Milou's heart. One that quickly grew out of control and continued to grow.

Being a recessive Omega, Milou had to constantly deal with irregular estrus cycles. One night and with Wren around, Milou went into heat unexpectedly. An unmarked Omega in heat and an Alpha who has not bonded could only lead to one thing. Unable to control their primitive urges, the two succumb to temptation.

One night of temporary madness led to permanent consequences.

A fleeting moment of lust that unexpectedly bore fruit.

True to his name, Saliou has always been "the generous one", especially to his beloved twin brother. But if there is one thing he could not give up on, it would be his feelings for Wren.

But what must he do now that Milou and his Fated Mate are about to have a child of their own?

Two brothers torn apart by love. One man who still clings on to hope.

An Omegaverse story where sometimes, the greatest love must end so one's destiny can begin...

 

 

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

 

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

 

The Retrogression and Resurgence Periods

 

Society has entered the Resurgence Period fifty-two years ago and has since been considered the 'Golden Age of Mankind'. It is an era of prosperity and activity, after the global economy gradually picked up and flourished after decades of recession.

But beyond modern history textbooks, the Resurgence Period is more than just mankind getting its feet back up after a dark era of economic collapse.

Alphas, which now comprise 6% of the world population, often hold the highest positions of power and authority. During the Retrogression Period (the years prior to Resurgence), which lasted over a century, the Alpha population surged to a record 14%.

However, during the second half of this era, Omegas have largely become an aging population, with very few dominant Alphas born into a lineage of predominantly pure Alphas.

The problem can easily be traced back to one glaringly obvious problem: The Omegas, the only cluster of men and women who are capable of producing dominant Alphas, comprised only 1% of the total population. During the Period of Retrogression, this sector of society was in jeopardy and without help was on its way to becoming extinct.

The previous era was an especially harsh period for Omegas. During the early years, society had to hold fast to stringent rules for all classes of men. Alphas, who mostly belong to the upper echelon of society, had to maintain their social status and lineage, protect their wealth and resources, and safeguard their harems of Omegas, many of which are mates and their offspring.

The more Omegas a family has, the longer it can produce dominant Alphas who will go on to protect and continue the lineage.

At least that was how it was supposed to be.

But it's precisely because of this, that the total population was at great risk. As more and more prestigious Alpha families take in Omegas into their harems, other lineages branched out to mating with Betas and fellow Alphas, which produced little to no Alphas with the dominant gene.

The Period of Retrogression showed a great decline in Omega population, mainly due to the health care disparities. Due to the lack of proper healthcare and awareness, most Omegas during this time have died either of pregnancy complications or childbirth. And while society had focused on producing superior Alphas, very few families have produced Omega offspring. Those who were taken into prestigious families, have become old and were eventually incapable of producing children.

Soon, the problem had become obvious: Without Omegas, Alphas with the dominant gene will eventually enter a period of endangerment.

Now came the Period of Resurgence.

Global leaders have come together in an ongoing effort to replenish the dwindling population of Omegas. To reduce the impact of this potentially debilitating social crisis, various governments now provide a series of special programs and schemes that aim to support families that produce Omegas. This includes government-backed financial, medical, and educational support.

Thus, in the early years, Alpha-to-Omega and Omega-to-Omega marriages have become a trend. And indeed, this was what the government wanted to see.

Then came the Omega Protection Act, which was promulgated on the fifteenth year of the Resurgence Period. With this Act, various laws were enacted to protect this vulnerable sector of society, against discrimination and injustice.

Polygamy and harems, which were rampant during the Period of Retrogression, are now deemed illegal if they involve more than three Omegas. And while prostitution is still legal in many countries, some have already banned Omegas from engaging in said profession.

Meanwhile, various medical studies are pointed towards creating more potent, more efficient heat suppressors so Omegas can become high-functioning citizens, even during heat. Several pharmaceutical companies have already succeeded in producing heat suppressors that are targeted towards dominant Omegas. But to date, research is still ongoing to create a drug that could help curb a recessive Omega's erratic and often unpredictable heat...

The Period of Resurgence. The feast after the famine. Omegas have become prized gems, rare and adored by many.

Fifty-two years into this era, the Omega population has risen to 4%. Once again, the next generation of superior Alphas, men and women who are destined for greatness, has been secured.

 

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

 

1