149 It Couldn’t Get Worse
149 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not far away from them, hidden by another array, a group of disciples in dark robes was waiting. One of the younger ones turned to the man in front of them, his expression anxious. "Senior martial brother Mu, can we attack yet?"

Mu Qing glanced at him but then just turned back to the front, not saying anything.

"Senior martial brother Mu! Why aren’t we attacking?" The disciple even reached out and tugged at his sleeve, trying to get his attention back.

Mu Qing sighed and then motioned over to Yang Wu Huang and the other two. "We will attack when the three start doing whatever they are planning to do. Give it a moment after that. I’ll give the signal." Seeing that now was as good a time as ever to instruct them, he turned around to the disciples behind them after all.

"When we do attack, let these three leave. I don’t mind if you injure them a bit but they must be able to escape. We still need them later on for Master’s plan. As for the others …" He motioned over to where Kui Min was kneeling on the ground, supposedly investigating one of the lines on the ground while she was actually keeping an eye on Yang Wu Huang and the other two. "Capture her alive and bring her back. There’s no need to harm her but she can’t be allowed to return to the town. As for the others … They are unimportant. If they don’t make trouble, you don’t have to bother about them. If they resist, you kill them though."

The disciples nodded, turning back toward the Teng Yong Sect’s disciples, eager to finally go and attack. Obviously, they hoped that these people would try to fight them. They had been waiting for this moment for a long time after all.

Meanwhile, Yang Wu Huang and the other two spread out and then crouched down, using their spiritual energy to change the lines in front of them. They also didn’t know what exactly this thing was for but it definitely had some kind of use for the demonic practitioners or they wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of making them. Thus, if something was changed about it, you should have a way of finding out. Then, soon enough, a group of them would definitely be here and they would have an excuse to split from the others and follow Mei Chao Bing’s group.

The disciples behind Mu Qing became agitated when they saw this, clutching their weapons tighter. As for Mu Qing himself, he just continued to watch for a moment before he finally raised his hand and waved. "Let’s go." He deactivated the array around them and the group rushed forward, appearing in front of the righteous cultivators in a single moment.

The Teng Yong Sect disciple that had been scouring the location from the air was hit by an attack, falling from his sword and crashing into the ground with a thud. He didn’t get up, making one of the younger disciples close by scream in fear.

Yang Wu Huang’s eyes widened in shock. While it had been his idea to lure these demonic practitioners over, he hadn’t expected that it would happen so soon. He had wanted to prepare for a moment longer. Who could have known they would actually be here after not even a quarter of an hour had passed? It seemed they had been incredibly close by.

He hurriedly retreated and then glanced at Di Huan Bo and Ao Jing, before waving at everyone. "Retreat!"

Mu Qing waved at the disciples following him and the group split up, making sure to do as their senior martial brother had told them.

Yang Wu Huang cursed and then turned around. "Split up! They won’t be able to get all of us!" With that, he stepped onto his sword and rushed away.

Di Huan Bo and Ao Jing who had also been surprised but had still known that this would happen sooner or later also managed to get onto their weapons in just a moment and followed him. As for the other disciples … They weren’t as lucky.

Kui Min tried to rush back toward the town but before she had even made it half a li in that direction, she was grabbed by the arm and pulled back. Giving a scream, she hurriedly reached for her whistle to give out a warning to the other groups but just when she wanted to blow it, a hand clutched her own.

"I wouldn’t do that if I was you. Just follow us obediently and nothing will happen to the other disciples."

Kui Min looked back, noticing that save for the disciple that had fallen from the air and one other disciple that was currently lying on the ground as well, the others were locked in a fight against one or two opponents each, all looking as if they were on the losing end.

Kui Min stared at the person in front of her, not knowing what to do. "What do you want?" What he had said just now … It had made it sound as if they had come for her. But that couldn’t be it, right? What could the demonic practitioners want with her?

Mu Qing just sighed and waved at the disciple behind her. "Let’s take her back." He didn’t explain anything and neither did any of the other disciples. Kui Min was dragged away, only able to twist her head around to try and see what was happening to the others.

They were still locked in an intense fight but the demonic practitioners only seemed to be playing around with them, not seriously wanting to hurt them. Although, some of the disciples were not in a good position either, having trouble holding on against them. Would they really … let them go?

Kui Min stared at them with wide eyes. She couldn’t believe that something like this had happened. Just how was it possible? And now, since she hadn’t been able to blow the whistle, the Elders and the other disciples might not even find out just what had happened. This situation … She really didn’t think that it could get any worse.

9