160 An Annoying Fly
144 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Mei Chao Bing returned an hour later, his gaze habitually switched to where Yun Bei Fen sat. Seeing his puffed-up eyes with red rims, he was stunned. Just what had happened?

Song Mu got up when he saw the group return, feeling somewhat awkward about the way Mei Chao Bing looked over at his fiance. He cleared his throat, not waiting for him to say anything before he explained. "Yang Wu Huang bothered him and he grew angry. Then that happened."

Mei Chao Bing’s eyes narrowed slightly and he looked over to where Yang Wu Huang was, feeling even more that he had to get rid of this person. He definitely couldn’t let him stay close to Yun Bei Fen. Otherwise, it was just inviting trouble.

He wanted to go over immediately to comfort his little bunny but unfortunately, he still had to pretend that he actually cared about telling the others what happened outside. Thus, he turned his attention back to Song Mu and gave a nod. "Thank you for telling me. Outside, we didn’t find anything suspicious. If there are any demonic practitioners around, they shouldn’t be close. I’d suggest we organize two more patrols for the night but otherwise stay here. Hopefully, junior martial brother Di will be well again by tomorrow so they can leave. Then, we can be on our way again. While this isn’t a bad place to rest, I’m afraid that staying here for too long will also make us vulnerable."

Song Mu nodded. "I agree with that. Well, there shouldn’t be anything else we need to talk about so you can go on over."

Mei Chao Bing nodded and wanted to leave but then stopped after two steps and turned back to Song Mu. "For the first patrol tonight, let’s go together."

Song Mu turned to look at him and then nodded after a few short moments. "That’s a good idea. That way, the others can rest a while longer."

Mei Chao Bing nodded and then really turned to leave, returning to Yun Bei Fen’s side.

Song Mu watched his receding back and sighed quietly. It seemed that the two of them would be having a talk tonight. He was all for that. He knew they could never go back to how things had been before but it would be good if they at least didn’t need to be hostile toward each other in the future. Anyway, this might be a chance.

Mei Chao Bing did indeed intend to have a good talk with Song Mu about what he expected him to do tomorrow when it was time for Yang Wu Huang and the others to either come with them or leave but right now, that wasn’t the most important issue in his mind. No, right now, the only important thing to him was comforting his little bunny. Everything else was thrown to the back of his mind.

He strode over and directly leaned down, pulling Yun Bei Fen into his arms. "What happened, mn? Did anyone bully you?"

Yun Bei Fen didn’t bother to answer and just threw his arms around Mei Chao Bing’s neck, hugging him tightly.

There was a squeak and Xiao Hui squiggled out from between them, skipping a few paces away and nibbling on some branches of grass over there.

Mei Chao Bing glanced over but seeing that nothing had happened to the spiritual beast, he ignored it. Anyway, spiritual beasts were much stronger than normal animals even if they looked almost the same. Thus, he wasn’t too worried. His own little bunny’s feelings were definitely much more vulnerable than this spiritual beast of his.

Mei Chao Bing gently rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s back and then leaned down to kiss the top of his head. "It’s alright. Don’t think about it anymore."

Yun Bei Fen slightly lifted his head and peered at Mei Chao Bing. "He was badmouthing you again."

Mei Chao Bing’s lips couldn’t help but hook up at that. So his little bunny had actually gotten angry on his behalf? "Bad people will always badmouth others. Don’t care too much about that. To me, it’s much more important that my favorite person in the world is happy. So don’t cry anymore, yes?"

Yun Bei Fen was still looking sad for a moment but bit by bit, his lips curved up into a big smile and his eyes started to sparkle. "Does that mean I’m your most favorite person in the world?"

Mei Chao Bing smiled as well and rubbed his head, slightly messing up his hair. "Who else could it be? Of course, you are. You will always be my most favorite person." Yes, there definitely was no doubt about that.

Yun Bei Fen laughed and hugged him tighter, clearly happy about being his own favorite person’s favorite. "You’re my favorite person as well!" He rubbed his head at Mei Chao Bing’s shoulder, completely forgetting about the unpleasant things that happened before.

Anyway, who cared about that Yang Wu Huang? He was just like a fly: He would buzz around you, making lots of annoying noises and would only leave when you swatted him away but he was too insignificant to do anything else. After getting rid of the fly, they would still be able to enjoy their time together. That was the actually important thing.

8