179 He Wanted to Give Him the World
132 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Zhen Yan Sect’s camp, Mei Chao Bing informed the others that he had finished speaking with Elder Fa and that they would continue on their way the next morning. Then, he turned to Song Mu to make sure whether he was of the same opinion in regard to traveling to the Jian Chu Sect together.

"We have two people less. I could send two of ours with you but I think overall, we’re still safer if we all go together. Anyway, I don’t think it would slow us down. What do you think?"

Song Mu gave a faint smile. He knew that Mei Chao Bing was only looking at this logically but it still was nice to see that he was willing to do this. Maybe it was just that Mei Chao Bing was this kind of genuinely good person that wouldn’t risk others’ safety or even lives just because he disliked them but he would like to believe that maybe there was also just a bit of good feelings left over from the past. "I would be very glad if you could accompany us for the rest of the way. You’re completely right in that it will be safer. Also, having a few more people that can give their opinion depending on what happens would be very good."

Mei Chao Bing nodded. "Then we’ll do it that way."

The two of them fell quiet and then turned away as if on cue, Song Mu going to rest again while Mei Chao Bing returned to Yun Bei Fen’s side.

This night, they didn’t even have to go on patrol since the people of the Zhen Yan Sect would be doing that for the camp anyway and likely wouldn’t appreciate outsiders snooping around either. Thus, the seven people were able to really rest up and didn’t have to think about anything else.

Yun Bei Fen happily curled up next to Mei Chao Bing just as he had done it while traveling each night but he couldn’t really fall asleep. "How long do you think we’ll need to get to the Jian Chu Sect?"

Mei Chao Bing gave a low hum and pondered. "The Zhen Yan Sect is a little further into the territory of our righteous side than the other sects because they are the last line of defense in case the other sects all fall. Other than that, the distance between the four big sects is pretty much fixed though. So I guess it’s likely that we will need about as many days to get there as we have needed to get here."

Yun Bei Fen nodded, trying to think back to the journey up until here. He wasn’t completely sure but he felt that it should have been around a week. That wasn’t too long. Also, they had needed to spend a day more because of Yang Wu Huang and the two others. It was likely that they would be a little faster when going to the Jian Chu Sect if he discounted that day. "A week doesn’t sound too long. Then after that, are we just going to talk to them again? And then we can go back?"

Mei Chao Bing smiled at that. "Pretty much so. Also, since Song Mu was the one who was sent to bring the letter to the Jian Chu Sect with his group, he’ll be the one to talk to the Elders there. I’ll stay with you the whole time."

"Great!" Yun Bei Fen reached up and wrapped his arms around Mei Chao Bing’s neck, putting their foreheads together. "It would be great if we could stay always together."

Mei Chao Bing hugged his waist and pulled him a little closer, closing his eyes. "That would really be nice. Well, after we’re done in the border region, we can go home to the Teng Yong Sect, and then I won’t leave your side anymore."

Yun Bei Fen gave a hum and then also closed his eyes when he saw that Mei Chao Bing had done so, finally feeling a little tired. Soon enough, he actually fell asleep.

Mei Chao Bing opened his eyes again when he heard his even breathing and patted his back, smiling to himself. When they returned from the border region … To be honest, he wasn’t quite sure when that would happen.

From the sounds of it, the demonic practitioners’ activities had gotten more pronounced recently. While they had found out a few things, they were far from actually figuring out what their plan was.

The Sect Masters of the four big righteous sects didn’t seem that worried yet and had only sent out the disciples of the lower levels but he was afraid that they might’ve misjudged the situation. In that case, more people would have to come here instead of them actually leaving.

Yes, the situation wouldn’t be solved anytime soon. He really didn’t believe it. He could only hope that Yun Bei Fen wouldn’t be disappointed when he found out about that. Well, it wasn’t like he could change it. Even if he wanted to give Yun Bei Fen the world, he just wasn’t able to do that. Even after cultivating so hard for all these years and reaching this level, he wasn’t strong enough yet. He would still need to get better.

It was a pity that from now on, the path of cultivation would be even harder. Even though he had managed to promote to the nascent soul stage this early in life, it was unlikely that things would continue to go this smoothly. Especially so since he couldn’t just continue to enter closed-door cultivation or go and challenge himself outside. Not with Yun Bei Fen wanting to stay at his side.

For that, Yun Bei Fen would need to be at a higher level. And even if he was … Mei Chao Bing didn’t mind putting himself in danger but it wouldn’t be the same with Yun Bei Fen. He didn’t want to see anything happen to him. Seeing him scared … he didn’t know if he would be able to take that.

8