185 Will You Teach Me Something New?
110 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a bit of a breeze blowing outside, that finally managed to wake Yun Bei Fen up. He rubbed his face once again and then turned to Mei Chao Bing, blinking his eyes with a bit more clarity this time. "What was senior martial sister Tan talking about before?"

Mei Chao Bing leaned down and cupped his cheeks, kissing his forehead. "She was saying you are the cutest junior martial brother she’s ever seen."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes in confusion, looking over at Tan Xin. "Really?"

Mei Chao Bing nodded as if that was really what she had said. "Sure. Maybe she didn’t use these words but I’m sure that was what she meant. Anyway, I won’t argue that point. I also think that you are the most adorable little junior martial brother in our whole sect. Now, do you want to continue practicing?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded and already wanted to take out his flying sword but Mei Chao Bing shook his head.

"Let’s leave that for now. You already made a lot of progress yesterday. Let’s continue working on your energy shield. How about showing me how well it’s going?"

"Alright!" Yun Bei Fen raised his hands and then gathered his spiritual energy, making a small shield in front of him.

Mei Chao Bing examined it, finding that it was actually quite good. Yun Bei Fen had done as he had told him before and fortified the edge so now, it wouldn’t easily fray out if the demonic practitioners attacked that part. "It’s very good!"

Yun Bei Fen beamed and lowered his hand, pushing his head toward Mei Chao Bing to have it petted.

Mei Chao Bing was a little taken aback but considering that he had usually done that in the past, he finally reached out and did so again. Anyway, since his little bunny liked it, who was he to say no to? He should just probably pay more attention to what he actually did or he might really treat Yun Bei Fen a little too much like just a cute junior.

Well, not that Yun Bei Fen wasn’t a cute junior but, first and foremost, he was his fiance. Naturally, he should be treated differently.

Anyway, that was something to just keep in mind for the future. For now, he had to focus on Yun Bei Fen’s training. "Well, I think if it’s about this, then you’ve already grasped very well how to do it. That was really fast."

Yun Bei Fen beamed at him, happy with his own progress. He had worked hard the last few days while they traveled but he also wouldn’t have thought that he would be able to make progress this fast. It was completely unbelievable for him as well. "Then does that mean I can learn something new now?"

Mei Chao Bing laughed. "Almost."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes, not quite sure what to make of that comment. So could he learn something new or couldn’t he?

Mei Chao Bing reached out and tapped Yun Bei Fen’s chest. "The spiritual energy shield you just made is definitely enough to cover your vitals so that you can make sure that an attack that would be fatal otherwise won’t hurt you as much. But if you are in a fight, that isn’t the only thing you would want to protect. In the best case, you would be able to shield your whole body. So from now on, you need to work on expanding the spiritual energy shield without sacrificing its evenness."

Yun Bei Fen pondered for a moment and nodded. "So basically, I just have to make it bigger."

Mei Chao Bing nodded. "Exactly. I would suggest that we try that today. It would also be good to try making some different forms. Sometimes, you will only need to shield a part of your body or maybe you want to shield something else like an object that you want to keep safe from an attack. In that case, this is a good way to do it."

Yun Bei Fen nodded and then used his spiritual energy to form a shield again, slowly trying to expand it. At the same time, he couldn’t help but wonder about what Mei Chao Bing had said before though. "So this is what we are doing today. And if I succeed, then you’ll teach me something new?" He looked at him, seeming a bit hopeful but also as if he didn’t dare to believe in his good luck.

Mei Chao Bing laughed and nodded. "Yes, you’re right. If you manage to do this today, then I’ll show you something new tomorrow."

Yun Bei Fen’s expression lit up and he already wanted to thank Mei Chao Bing when he suddenly noticed the problem with it. "Wait. Then what happens if I don’t manage to do it today?"

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows. "Well, then naturally, we’ll have to practice a bit more, right?"

Yun Bei Fen’s expression immediately fell. He had already feared as much. "Then does that mean that you will only teach me later?"

Mei Chao Bing actually wanted to say yes to that but looking at Yun Bei Fen’s expression, he couldn’t bring himself to do so. He reached out and ruffled his hair into even more of a mess before giving him a smile. "Why would you think so? Anyway, haven’t you almost mastered your flying skills? I think that already means you deserve learning something new. So we’ll just try this today and then we’ll see if we need to do a bit more of it tomorrow. And the rest of the day, we’ll use for teaching you something new. How does that sound?"

Yun Bei Fen’s expression lit up again and he hugged Mei Chao Bing’s waist, the spiritual energy shield collapsing. "That sounds awesome! Thank you so much, senior martial brother Mei!" He craned his neck and kissed him on the lips before letting go and starting to practice on making his spiritual energy shield again.

Mei Chao Bing’s brows wandered even higher and he watched him with an indulgent expression. Well, this kind of reaction, he probably should’ve expected it from his little bunny.

6