197 First Senior Martial Brother
104 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Zhi Guan did not have to take any juniors into consideration he needed far less time than Mei Chao Bing’s group had before and already arrived at the camp of the Zhen Yan Sect after a few hours. He went up to the disciples guarding the gate and showed them his jade tablet. "I’m Elder Baili’s disciple Zhi Guan from the Teng Yong Sect. May I ask you if disciples from our sect have passed by here already?" He wasn’t quite sure where exactly the group with his little junior was so could only ask to make sure.

As luck would have it, the two guarding the gate today were precisely the ones that had been guarding the gate the day when Mei Chao Bing and the others arrived. "They’ve been here. They have left for more than a week already though. As far as I know, they were supposed to go to the Jian Chu Sect’s camp next. They are probably still there."

Zhi Guan put his tablet away and nodded. "Thank you for telling me." He turned away and wanted to leave but the disciple called out after him.

"Ah, don’t you want to see the Elder or something?" That was what one would normally do, right?

Zhi Guan turned back and then looked at the camp, finally shaking his head. "I’m in a bit of a hurry. Please extend my greetings to your Elder and tell them that I don’t mean to slight them but there are pressing matters at hand so I can’t take any risks and need to leave immediately."

"Oh." The disciple finally nodded and didn’t try to get him to stay any longer.

Zhi Guan turned around once again, stepped onto his sword, and then continued to fly towards the Jian Chu Sect.

It really was true that Zhi Guan was the type of person that only liked to focus on one thing if possible. Meeting Elders or whatnot, he did not care about that. Right now, it was only important to see his little junior. It was probably good enough already that he paid enough attention to his surroundings to make sure that he wouldn’t be attacked secretly. After all, he had already saved Kui Min so most likely, whatever use the demonic cultivators had had for him before was already a thing of the past. Now, he could be a target for their attacks as easily as everybody else. He would need to show a bit of vigilance.

Zhi Guan wasn’t necessarily worried about that though. In any case, he wasn’t weak. He would be able to win against most of the disciples from the other side unless it was somebody of an even higher level. But how likely was it that this kind of person would be sent to the edge of the border region instead of staying at the demonic practitioners’ headquarter? He didn’t think it was very likely.

There indeed wasn’t anybody following Zhi Guan. It wasn’t necessarily that the demonic practitioners really wanted to keep their stronger disciples in the headquarters but more that right now, it wasn’t too important to them what Zhi Guan did. From their side, they had already achieved what they wanted to achieve. Now, they only had to wait to reap the fruit of their work.

Thus, there were no other operations and things just continued on their side as they had done before and Zhi Guan was able to rush to the Jian Chu Sect unhindered. He finally arrived there on the very same day.

Once again, he stopped in front of the gate, took out his jade tablet, and presented it to the two disciples while introducing himself. "Are there other disciples of our sect here?"

The two disciples exchanged a glance and then nodded. "There are. Should we bring you over?"

Zhi Guan nodded. "Yes. Thank you." He put away the jade tablet and then followed behind the disciple, already looking ahead so he would spot his little junior as early as possible.

He didn’t need to wait long. Mei Chao Bing’s group were all living in the same building on the edge of the camp since the innermost buildings had already been occupied by the disciples of the Jian Chu Sect themselves. Currently, they were once again training in front of it, with Yun Bei Fen trying his best to make one of his spiritual attacks launch. So far, he hadn’t had any luck yet. There were still only the small energy balls wavering in the air that had absolutely no strength behind them. By now, his little face had already scrunched up and he looked a little bit like he would start crying any time soon.

Zhi Guan immediately ignored the disciple of the Jian Chu Sect that had brought him over and rushed forward, wondering just what might’ve happened. "Little junior!"

Yun Bei Fen who had just wanted to complain to Mei Chao Bing that things weren’t working out turned around at that voice, his eyes widening when he saw Zhi Guan. "First senior martial brother!" He forgot all about training and rushed forward, jumping into Zhi Guan’s arms.

Zhi Guan caught him and hugged him to his chest, holding him tightly. He glanced over the people that were around Yun Bei Fen, trying to figure out what had happened. Unfortunately, he didn’t notice anything in particular. There were a few disciples that he remembered while he had no idea who some of the others were as if he hadn’t seen them before. In the end, he could only turn to Yun Bei Fen to ask him what had happened. "What’s the matter, little junior? You seem unhappy."

Yun Bei Fen pulled back a little but still clung to Zhi Guan and then pursed his lips. "Senior martial brother Mei showed me how to use a spiritual attack but I can’t get it right."

Zhi Guan looked at him for a moment, trying to figure out if that was all.

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes in confusion. "What’s the matter?"

"You are sad because of that?"

Yun Bei Fen hesitated for a moment but then nodded his head. "Well, maybe not really sad. I just feel a bit vexed at myself for being so slow. Senior martial brother Mei put in so much effort but I need so long. I wish I was better than this."

Zhi Guan didn’t really know what to say. But anyway, at the very least, nobody had been trying to bully his little junior. That was already very good.

7