222 You Can Stay Outside
79 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After discussing a little more, the two Elders finally decided to take Liu Bao Ru and Xi Ju Hai along together with Mei Chao Bing. Liu Bao Ru was known as an impartial person while Xi Ju Hai had broken with Mei Chao Bing’s senior martial brother and could even be said to be a little hostile toward him. Thus, if something did indeed happen, people would believe their count of things in a heartbeat even if it was favorable toward Mei Chao Bing. It would be a different matter altogether if they took somebody like Yuan Lei or maybe even Song Mu along who had what could be called a good relationship with Mei Chao Bing.

Elder Xing went to inform Liu Bao Ru and Xi Ju Hai while Elder Baili went to wake up Mei Chao Bing in case his disciple made trouble. As it turned out, that precaution was unnecessary though. At that time, Yun Bei Fen was still sleeping peacefully.

Mei Chao Bing looked at him after getting dressed, sighed, and then leaned down, kissing his forehead as a means to say goodbye. He gave him a long look and then stepped out of the door, smiling wryly. "He will be disappointed when he wakes up and sees that I left without him knowing. I hope Elder Baili can explain to him then."

Elder Baili’s smile wasn’t any less wry. "Don’t forget that he is still my disciple. Of course, I’ll be cheering him up. There’s really no reason to worry."

Mei Chao Bing nodded but he didn’t look convinced that all. In any case, he also knew Yun Bei Fen. His little bunny was quite sticky and would probably like to stay at his side the whole time if he could. Whether Elder Baili would really be able to cheer him up after he noticed that his fiance was gone … that was a question neither of them really wanted to think about it.

But no matter what he thought about that, there was nothing he could do. This task was important. He also understood that. And he was very thankful to the Elders for having taken into consideration just how much he wanted to be there to find out more about the demonic practitioners’ goal. This was the kind of favor that could not be easily repaid. The last he could do was to not make trouble and do a good job while following Elder Xing. "Then … I will go and meet up with the others?"

Elder Baili nodded. "Yes, there’s no time to lose. You won’t take long to get to the Zhen Yan Sect considering the level you’re all at but if you want to be back in time to meet up with the others before they go and find out more about that array, you still need to hurry. Elder Fa will have a few questions before she follows you over there."

Mei Chao Bing nodded and then cupped his fists. "Then I won’t linger any longer." He turned away and left the building, going toward the edge of the town where they were supposed to meet up. Halfway there, he stopped and let out Da Hei.

The midnight wolf looked at him accusingly, not happy that he hadn’t been let out sooner tonight. As a proud spiritual beast that had roamed the lands, this was unacceptable to him!

Mei Chao Bing could only smile wryly. "I’m sorry. There wasn’t really any time. In any case, you’ll be happy to hear that you’ll be able to stay outside for a bit longer this time."

Da Hei just gave him an insipid look. In any case, if they hadn’t made a contract, he could stay outside all the time. Well, at the very least, Mei Chao Bing wasn’t treating him badly apart from this issue so he didn’t have too many things to complain about. And he understood why he couldn’t travel around right now. This guy just had too many secrets. When he didn’t need to be like this in the future, things would change for him as well.

"I will have to go on a mission that might last a while. It could be just a day or two but also longer. I want you to stay and protect Yun Bei Fen in the time while I’m away."

Da Hei’s gaze turned a little subtle at that. This guy … he cared more about his partner than he cared about himself. He should probably praise him for that. It wasn’t necessarily the usual way for humans to behave from that he had seen so far. Well, if that was important to him, he would do it. Also, as long as the child didn’t run out, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Nobody would send a cultivator of that stage anywhere dangerous.

Even though Da Hei didn’t say anything, Mei Chao Bing nodded. He knew that he had understood him and would also do it since he hadn’t even tried to complain. "Try to stay a bit out of sight if you can just so you don’t scare anyone but other than that, you can stay outside."

This time, Da Hei finally nodded.

Mei Chao Bing inclined his head as well, and then turned around, and went to the edge of the town.

Elder Xing and the two women were already waiting there when he arrived. He hurriedly nodded and apologized for being late.

Elder Xing just waved, not caring about that. "Since we’re all here now, let’s set off."

With that, the three disciples followed him, making their way over to the Zhen Yan Sect.

Just as they had thought, they didn’t need that long because their levels were higher than those of some of the disciples Mei Chao Bing had traveled with before, so they already arrived when the sun was just going up and the disciples back in the Teng Yong Sect’s camp were waking up to take care of their own tasks.

5