236 He Should Have Given Him More Time
89 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baili Chao continued to look at his disciple for a moment. He couldn’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if he had refused to explain. Knowing Yun Bei Fen, he would probably rush all over town to try and find Mei Chao Bing and then tried to set out to find him outside by himself. Thankfully, Mei Chao Bing had made sure before that something like that couldn’t happen.

The Elder sighed and then leaned back, seeming quite unhurried. "The array that Yang Wu Huang’s group found the other day turned out to be a transportation array. We ordered a few disciples from the sect to come over and then sent them off to investigate this matter. Your first senior martial brother has also gone there just like Mei Chao Bing. The group will come back when they have found out where exactly the array leads and what the demonic practitioners want to do with it. Most likely, this will take a day or two at the very least."

Yun Bei Fen’s expression wasn’t good. "Is it very dangerous?"

Baili Chao snorted. "Fen’er, we’re in the border region. Everything here has the potential to be dangerous. But Mei Chao Bing isn’t the person you should be worried about. You should worry about yourself. You are probably the disciple with the lowest level and the least experience here. You’re not very proficient in using either your sword arts or any cultivation skills. With Mei Chao Bing not at your side, I’m actually a bit worried about you."

Yun Bei Fen immediately shook his head. "But I wasn’t sent on any dangerous mission. Mei Chao Bing was. So are you sure that he’s alright?"

His Master gave him a pitying look, feeling that this disciple of his really didn’t understand the situation. "You do realize that Mei Chao Bing has already been in the core formation stage for several years, don’t you? Honestly, there aren’t that many people among the other side’s disciples that could be dangerous to him.

"Also, as I said, we got people from the sect to come over. Not to mention your first senior martial brother, Shen Lei also came. And there are several other disciples from their generation as well. None of them have a cultivation base lower than core formation. Some of them are even in the early nascent soul stage. Since he is traveling with these people, you really don’t need to be worried about Mei Chao Bing. If somebody was able to harm them, then that would need to be a major move by the demonic practitioners."

To be honest, that type of thing wouldn’t be completely impossible. In fact, they had always wondered what it was that the demonic practitioners wanted and one of the things that they could imagine very well was that they might be trying to lower the righteous sects’ strength. Taking out a group of their best disciples would definitely help with that.

So it was not completely guaranteed that something like that wouldn’t happen. He didn’t dare to just tell something like that to Yun Bei Fen though. If he did, he was really afraid that his little disciple would indeed rush out and search for Mei Chao Bing.

Hearing his Master’s white lie, Yun Bei Fen calmed down. Right. He didn’t have to worry about Mei Chao Bing. After all, Mei Chao Bing was very strong. He was pretty sure that even if the others weren’t there, nothing would happen to him. He would definitely be able to defend himself. After all, his level was high and he also knew a lot about cultivation. If that wasn’t the case, he wouldn’t have been able to teach him so much. Thinking things through like this, Yun Bei Fen got up again. "Alright. Then I’ll go and practice a bit." Not even waiting for his Master’s response, Yun Bei Fen turned on his heels and rushed out of the room.

Baili Chao raised his brows, watching the door close behind his little disciple. Ah, who would’ve thought that Yun Bei Fen would ever be this diligent in practicing his skills and even make progress?

Back when he had tried to teach him, while it wasn’t that Yun Bei Fen was lazy, he usually just couldn’t understand. No matter how he tried to explain, it just didn’t want to work. He had honestly wondered a few times if back then, he had made a mistake. Maybe Yun Bei Fen wasn’t suitable for cultivation.

But then again, he had managed to establish his foundation before he reached twenty years old. While he didn’t know any skills and didn’t have any experience, that was still something worth bragging about. And maybe the fact that Yun Bei Fen had started so early had also made an impact.

Yes, thinking about it now, he only had these four disciples. And the other three had all been quite a few years older than Yun Bei Fen when he took them in. Zhi Guan had even been an adult. Naturally, the comprehension of Yun Bei Fen’s senior martial brothers would be much better than his own. After all, if you had a fifteen-year-old or even a twenty-year-old, they would naturally be able to be taught differently than a five-year-old child.

It seemed that he was the one who had neglected that. He should have given Yun Bei Fen more time in the beginning. And then, later on, he should’ve tried to teach him more. Instead, he had given up halfway through, thinking that as long as Yun Bei Fen knew how to take in spiritual energy and slowly cultivated, it would also be good already.

Now, it had actually needed Mei Chao Bing to come along to realize that by now, Yun Bei Fen was old enough to understand what had previously gone right over his head. Even though he still lacked experience, his comprehension was higher. In other words: There was nothing standing between him and actually becoming an outstanding cultivator. In the future, he himself should also keep a close eye on him and make up for his past mistakes.

5