239 How About Making Up?
91 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Yun Bei Fen and the others were unhappy with this result, Yang Wu Huang’s eyes immediately lit up. He exchanged a glance with Di Huan Bo and Ao Jing, indicating that he believed this to be a good chance for them to make some progress on that front as well. The two nodded and then followed him over, glancing at Kui Min who had been acting standoffish since she had returned.

Meanwhile, Yang Wu Huang’s whole attention was on Yun Bei Fen. "Junior martial brother Yun, I hope you’re not still angry with me. The other time, it really was my fault. I was too rash. Since then, I’ve been reflecting on it. I’ve already learned my lesson. In the future, I definitely won’t accuse anyone without having watertight proof. So I hope that you’ll be able to forgive me." He put as much sincerity into his words as he could, trying to win Yun Bei Fen over. In any case, he first had to make up with him before he could continue with this plan. It was a pity that Yun Bei Fen was already so close with Mei Chao Bing. Otherwise, this would have been much easier.

Yun Bei Fen pursed his lips. Naturally, he didn’t want to have anything to do with Yang Wu Huang. If he could, he really wished that this guy would just ignore him. Unfortunately, he also realized that Yang Wu Huang definitely wouldn’t do that. This guy just loved making trouble.

He didn’t want to say anything but Yang Wu Huang naturally wouldn’t just accept it. "Junior martial brother Yun, is what I did really unforgivable? Maybe there’s something I can do that would make you reconsider? Maybe you want me to apologize to senior martial brother Mei again as well? I already did so and he actually accepted my apology but I wouldn’t mind doing it again for you if that would get rid of the bad blood between us.

"You know, I’m also ashamed to have doubted his moral character like this. That is definitely one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever committed in my life. It is just that I really don’t know how to make it up to him and you. So if you can think of something, just tell me. No matter what it is, I’m definitely willing to do it."

Some of the other disciples were looking over, slowly feeling that Yun Bei Fen was a little too much for not even talking with Yang Wu Huang. Clearly, he was doing his best. And while he had been a little excessive in what he said before, most of them couldn’t deny that they had had similar thoughts about Mei Chao Bing. They felt that whether it was them or Yang Wu Huang, they really couldn’t be faulted for that. In any case, that guy’s Master had betrayed their Teng Yong Sect. And the same was true for several of his senior martial brothers. Why wouldn’t he be doubted? Yang Wu Huang might have gone overboard but he had had his reasons. So to shun him like this now … they really felt that it was excessive.

Yuan Lei slightly furrowed his brows when he noticed how the attitude of the disciples around them changed. Before now, they had been in the better position because what Yang Wu Huang had done had really gone too far and Mei Chao Bing had always proven to be innocent. In fact, Yang Wu Huang had also not put himself in a good light. But now, Mei Chao Bing wasn’t here, a few days had also passed already, and people were still willing to believe in Yang Wu Huang more than in Mei Chao Bing because of the two’s background.

If Yun Bei Fen continued to refuse any longer, that might get Mei Chao Bing into trouble. After all, nobody would believe that he didn’t have anything to do with Yun Bei Fen’s refusal. They would feel that it was him who was using his position as his fiance to make Yun Bei Fen unwilling to forgive Yang Wu Huang, especially since the latter had mentioned him several times. Then, the bit of goodwill that Mei Chao Bing had built up again would be gone once more.

Thinking things through, Yuan Lei stepped out, pulling the attention to himself. "Senior martial brother Yang, I know that you want to clear things up, but right now really isn’t the best moment for that. You are also aware of what has happened recently. All of us shouldn’t focus on our private issues but on the task at hand instead. So if you want to talk about things, then wait for this to be over. Before that, what can really be accomplished? We need to keep all our thoughts on the current mission. Otherwise, wouldn’t it be a win for the demonic practitioners?"

Yang Wu Huang gave a chilling smile. "What junior martial brother Yuan says is quite right. I guess I should’ve thought of that." He still turned back to Yun Bei Fen though. "In any case, if junior martial brother Yun has some time, then let’s go and have a talk after today’s task is over. I’m sure we can work something out."

Yun Bei Fen glared at him, still not intending to agree to anything.

On the other hand, Yuan Lei couldn’t help but feel alarmed. What Yang Wu Huang said sounded innocent enough. But the problem was how he would make use of this. As soon as they returned, he might ask Yun Bei Fen for that talk. At that point, how could he still refuse?

In any case, what Yang Wu Huang said wasn’t completely untrue: While he had accused the person wrongly, that was not something that was unforgivable. After some time had passed, and he had sincerely apologized, and maybe even done something to make up for it, there would really be no reason to reject him any longer. If they did, they would be the ones to blame. It was unfair but the world was just like that. Good deeds would often go unnoticed while the bad deeds would be forgotten by time. So they could only try to muddle through as well as they could.

4