254 A Sword and a Bunny in Hand
95 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Da Hei really wanted to roll his eyes. This stupid youth … did he really need to make such a ruckus? Now, everybody was paying attention to him. Who was paying attention to the surroundings? If they were attacked right now, nobody would see it coming.

He sighed to himself, pulled back from the hole, and then jumped down. He may or may not have directed that jump in the direction of Yang Wu Huang, but the cultivator stepped back, making him land on the ground. The midnight wolf glanced at him and then trotted back to Yun Bei Fen’s side, brushing around his legs before he gave Yang Wu Huang another look.

He didn’t need Mei Chao Bing to tell him that this guy was bad news. Looking at everything so far, that was easy to figure out. Thus, he didn’t just keep an eye out for any demonic practitioners but also for whatever this guy might try to do.

Yun Bei Fen was excited when Da Hei actually managed to get down and wanted to stroke his fur like he would with Xiao Hui. Unfortunately, he had a sword in one hand and a bunny in the other one. It really was difficult to find a way to deal with this. After being flustered for a moment, Yun Bei Fen put Xiao Hui on Da Hei’s back, and then patted the midnight wolf’s head. "You did well!"

Da Hei gave him an insipid look. This youth … did he think he was a dog? He moved aside, not giving Yun Bei Fen the chance to touch him again. Unfortunately, there was still a bunny on his back. Sighing, Da Hei wriggled around, trying to make it fall off but the stupid thing actually held onto his fur tightly and Yun Bei Fen had already forgotten about it when Yuan Lei cleared his throat.

"Well, we’ll have to see how to get him back up there later on." Jumping down might still be possible but a midnight wolf wasn’t able to fly. So if they didn’t find another exit, they would have to find a way to bring him up again.

Yun Bei Fen was a bit worried about that, but anyway, they weren’t trying to leave right now. He was sure that by then, they would definitely be able to find a way.

Having dealt with that issue, the disciples started to examine the hall they were in more closely. Unfortunately, neither of them knew much about arrays, so they weren’t able to figure out what was wrong with the one below their feet. Tan Xin took the time to make a drawing though, intending to take it back to the Elders. They would definitely be able to figure something out from this.

Meanwhile, the others checked the platform in the middle of the hall. Just like the top of the building that they had originally found, this platform was extremely smooth save for four incisions at the side that led down to the array on the ground.

Yuan Lei couldn’t help but point it out when he noticed. "Could it be that this platform and the array are somehow connected? Maybe whatever is supposed to be placed on this platform is necessary to make the array work?"

Yang Wu Huang gave a hum but didn’t say anything else about it. Instead, he just turned around as if he had seen enough and went to check out the walls. With only a small hole above their heads, it was difficult to see anything. Thus, he raised his hand and used his spiritual energy to light the room up further. When he did, he noticed that the walls were different from the rest of the room. There were actually murals carved into them, showing a very detailed picture.

The other disciples slowly filed over, also raising their hands to conjure up some light.

Yun Bei Fen looked at Yi Ju and Kui Min next to him who were able to do this and then raised his hand, trying to do the same. Unfortunately, he had no idea how to do it. He was only able to move his spiritual energy or form it into some shapes. He didn’t know how to do anything else with it yet and right now probably wasn’t the right time to ask. Thus, he just quietly looked at the murals in front of them, trying to see if he could figure something out from that. After all, if he was unable to help with the light, maybe his brains would be able to offer something.

Actually, there wasn’t just one mural. There seemed to be several of them that showed different things. The one that Yun Bei Fen stood in front of showed an image of a man who had folded his hands in front of his chest, some strange circles around him.

Yun Bei Fen tilted his head, not quite sure what this meant. He also folded his hands, trying to figure out if there was something special about it but he couldn’t figure anything out. Maybe this was some kind of cultivation technique? After all, he knew from his Master that there were cultivation books and scrolls where the techniques would be drawn in this way to guide people that wanted to learn them. He didn’t know for sure but it seemed like the most likely explanation to him.

Meanwhile, the others also checked the murals over but they were just as stumped as Yun Bei Fen. These scenes … were they connected to each other? Or did each and every one of them show something different that couldn’t be connected with the others? It was hard to say and they didn’t dare to make any assumptions.

After they had checked one side of the wall, they went over to the other. Just when they had almost reached that part, Da Hei suddenly raised his head and started to growl.

5