258 Nothing There
106 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Bei Fen didn’t quite understand the undercurrents of what was happening in the group but he definitely wasn’t happy that he had to go with Yang Wu Huang of all people. He pursed his lips and then stepped closer to Nian Tao, feeling that since this senior martial brother had been nice to him before, he would probably be able to help him if something happened. Also, thankfully, there was still Da Hei around. With him at his side, he and Xiao Hui wouldn’t have to worry at all.

Yang Wu Huang looked at him and then glanced at Nian Tao, feeling that he probably should’ve put him in the other group as well. Now, there was another person to worry about. But, well, he would deal with that when the time came.

For the time being, he turned around and waved for them to follow him. "We don’t have to find out everything yet. It will be enough if we get a general idea of what is on the other side and if there are any clues in the corridor itself. That way, the Elders or any other group that they sent over later on will be able to know where to start searching."

The other three nodded and then slowly followed him, looking around while they walked through the corridor. With three of them using their spiritual energy to conjure up some light, they were able to see well enough to have a general idea of what was around them.

Unfortunately, there didn’t seem to be anything special about this corridor. The walls were just stone without any kind of carvings like in the hall, there also weren’t any traces on the ground where a faint layer of dust had settled, completely untouched before they came by.

Nian Tao slightly furrowed his brows and couldn’t help but speak up. "Senior martial brother Yang, it doesn’t seem like there’s anything important here. Maybe we should really go back."

Before Yang Wu Huang could even turn around, Di Huan Bo already snapped at him. "It’s annoying enough that I had to deal with Yuan Lei before. Why are you sounding like him now? Do you not want to find any clues?"

Nian Tao furrowed his brows even further, feeling that this was really unfair. He wasn’t like Yuan Lei who had complained the whole time. He just felt that this specific corridor didn’t seem to hold any clues. "Well, I was just saying. In any case, maybe there’s really nothing here. If there’s more time, then maybe we could take a look at one of the others. Wouldn’t that be better than losing time here?"

Yang Wu Huang turned around and patted Di Huan Bo’s shoulder to make him stop arguing. Then, he turned to Nian Tao. "I agree with you that this corridor doesn’t look helpful. But I would say let us at least go until the end to see what is there. An unremarkable path might also lead to a surprising end. Until we don’t know about that, I think it is too early to make any kind of assumptions."

Having it pointed out like this, Nian Tao felt like there was also some truth to that. "Well, let’s do that then. I just hope it won’t take that long. It’s really safer if we’re together with everyone."

Yang Wu Huang was unusually patient now that Yuan Lei wasn’t there. "You don’t have to worry. I’ve already been in the core formation stage for a while now and Di Huan Bo is also at the end of the foundation establishment stage. It is only a matter of time until he reaches it. With the two of us here, what could happen?"

Nian Tao nodded even though he was still a little worried.

Yun Bei Fen looked up at him and seeing that he had tried to help him before even though he hadn’t been able to explain anything, he reached out and tugged at his sleeve. When Nian Tao looked over, he pointed straight at Da Hei. "Don’t worry senior martial brother Nian, don’t we still have Da Hei with us? If something happens, I’m sure he can protect us both!"

Nian Tao blinked his eyes and then looked from the cute little junior to the midnight wolf that was looking back at him with a disinterested look. To be honest, he wasn’t quite sure if this midnight wolf had any interest in saving him if something happened. But, he already felt a bit better now that Yun Bei Fen mentioned it. If the midnight wolf was saving Yun Bei Fen and Yang Wu Huang and Di Huan Bo could save themselves, then he would have a chance to save himself as well even though he had only reached the middle of the foundation establishment stage and was still quite a bit away from reaching the late stage.

Thinking of that, he finally nodded. "You’re right. I shouldn’t worry so much. Anyway, since there’s nothing in the corridor, how about speeding up a bit? The sooner we get to whatever is at the end, the sooner we can go back."

Yang Wu Huang gave him a look, feeling that this junior martial brother was really an eyesore. Why was he getting along with Yun Bei Fen so well? To the point that Yun Bei Fen would even offer to have the midnight wolf protect him as well? He sure hadn’t done that for him. But for the time being, he couldn’t change anything about this. Thus, he just smiled wryly and indeed sped up to make sure that they would get further away from the others so that he could proceed with his plan unhindered.

7