261 Not as Dumb as Expected
105 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter what Da Hei thought, since Yang Wu Huang was the leader of the group Yun Bei Fen couldn’t help but do what he asked of them. The midnight wolf just made it a point to stay as close to Yun Bei Fen as he could, coincidentally maneuvering himself in-between the two people and glaring at Yang Wu Huang if he got too close.

The disciple furrowed his brows and stared at the midnight wolf vigilantly. This was a spiritual beast without its Master around. Depending on what kind of task Mei Chao Bing had given it, it was difficult to say how it would react. And considering his last confrontation with this thing, he was pretty sure is that Mei Chao Bing would have told it to attack him if the opportunity arose.

That was something that the Elders would certainly excuse considering how biased they were. So the only thing he could do was to look out for his own safety and take a step back. He naturally wasn’t happy with that but between getting closer to Yun Bei Fen and making sure that he wasn’t injured when he might need his full strength later on he still knew what was more important. In any case, there would still be time to realize this plan regarding Yun Bei Fen later on. It didn’t need to happen right this instant.

Yun Bei Fen didn’t even realize what was going on and just focused on his task. Just like Mei Chao Bing had shown him he used his spiritual sense to look at the ground, trying to figure out if he could discern something. After walking through half the room, he finally found something odd.

He stared at it for a moment and then looked around but there was only Yang Wu Huang and Da Hei next to him. He pursed his lips, not quite happy at realizing this but since this was a task that he currently had, he still pointed at the ground. "There’s something there."

Yang Wu Huang smiled good-naturedly and stepped closer but was growled at by Da Hei. He stared at the midnight wolf and then looked up at Yun Bei Fen, putting on an expression of being wronged. "Junior martial brother Yun, I’m afraid I won’t be able to take a look if this midnight wolf is behaving like this." He hoped that Yun Bei Fen would send it away so he could finally have a chance.

Yun Bei Fen looked at Da Hei and patted his back before pulling at him. "It’s okay, Da Hei, let’s go to senior martial brother Nian then." Saying so, he turned around and rushed over to Nian Tao who was still copying the jade slips and books. In any case, he didn’t have any interest in spending more time with Yang Wu Huang. Since that guy had given him a good excuse, he would naturally take it.

Da Hei still glared at Yang Wu Huang for a moment but then turned around and followed Yun Bei Fen. His eyes seemed a little pensive. This child … Maybe he wasn’t as stupid as he had thought he was. At the very least, he knew clearly who he could trust and who not. And he was actually able to find the opportunity to get away from the person in question. That was more than he would’ve expected.

Well, since things were like this, he would naturally follow him gladly. Not having to keep as close an eye on Yang Wu Huang was definitely a win. This way, he could pay more attention to everything else that was going on.

Speaking of which … He glanced at the spot that Yun Bei Fen had motioned to. Even though the only task that Mei Chao Bing had given him was to protect the little one he also knew that it was important to the Teng Yong Sect to figure out this place. Thus, since it didn’t require too much effort, he would still take a closer look for Mei Chao Bing. He could tell him later on whatever he found out and maybe that would better his situation in the sect. After all, from the little he had seen so far, his standing there really wasn’t good.

As a spiritual beast that wasn’t bound as much by that separation between the righteous and the demonic sects he really wondered just what had made Mei Chao Bing stick around. He couldn’t see a single reason save for maybe that little boy jumping around him. But maybe to Mei Chao Bing that really was enough. The task he had given him at least suggested this much. Well, that wasn’t his problem.

Meanwhile, Yun Bei Fen curiously watched as Nian Tao picked up one jade slip after the other, holding it in front of his face for a moment with his spiritual energy lighting up, and then raising the other one in the same way before he put the first one away again and took another.

Yun Bei Fen really would’ve liked to ask about it but he could see that Nian Tao was currently very busy. That definitely wasn’t the right moment to disturb him. Thus, he just waited patiently next to him.

On the other side of the room, Di Huan Bo came back down to the floor and walked over to Yang Wu Huang, having a bit of trouble holding back his grin. "I see junior martial brother Yun actually left you alone to investigate."

Yang Wu Huang glared at him, feeling that this guy was getting really insolent. "What’s it to you? In any case, he found something before he did." He himself hadn’t really paid that much attention. For one, that wasn’t his main objective and second, it was important that they spent more time here. So letting Yun Bei Fen look and only then starting himself in the name of letting Yun Bei Fen gain some experience was the right way to go.

Nian Tao raised his brows and crouched down next to Yang Wu Huang, also taking a look at the ground. "That looks as if there was something below us."

Yang Wu Huang nodded. "Yes, it is pretty similar to what we found on top of the whole structure. That means that there has to be a way to get down there somewhere around here. We should probably look for that."

Di Huan Bo glanced at him, feeling that he could somewhat see through Yang Wu Huang’s thoughts. "Wouldn’t it be better to really go back for today?" He lowered his voice, not wanting the other two to notice what was going on.

Yang Wu Huang just glared at him again. "Oh? Weren’t you still chastising that Yuan Lei before? How come now you’re doing the same as he did?"

Di Huan Bo furrowed his brows. "I’m not doing the same. He’s doing this because he is worried about you. I’m worried about the demonic practitioners. In any case, it’s really getting late. I don’t mind camping outside but I really don’t want to have to camp in a building that they built. Especially one where we don’t know what we’re around. For all we know, there could be a whole fucking army below this."

Yang Wu Huang just scoffed. "Don’t be ridiculous. There’s no such thing here." With that, he used his spiritual energy to drill into the ground, probing at what was below.

5