273 What Was Wrong with His Head?
98 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhi Guan couldn’t understand at first. Looking from the hand that his little junior was using to hold onto him to the one that was holding onto Mei Chao Bing, he realized that Yun Bei Fen was probably feeling a bit miffed that he had just plucked him off there.

Thinking for a moment longer, Zhi Guan reached out to pat his head like Shen Lei had just done and then cleared his throat. "Were there only three other disciples with you?" This was the border region. He didn’t believe that his Master would really send Yun Bei Fen off with just this little protection. Even for a stronger disciple that would still be too little, not to mention the little bunny who didn’t know how to fight at all.

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes at him and then looked back at Yang Wu Huang who was just getting back to his feet. Without a shred of a guilty conscience, he immediately pointed at him. "It’s all him! We were a big group before but he split us up. Thus, there’s only the four of us now."

Zhi Guan’s expression turned even worse. "So it was like that. Then where are the other disciples?" As much as he cared about his little junior he also wouldn’t leave the other disciples of their sect unattended if he already knew that they were close by.

Unfortunately, Yun Bei Fen could only look cutely, not sure what to say in response to that. He also didn’t know, ah!

Yun Bei Fen didn’t know what to say, Yang Wu Huang certainly wouldn’t incriminate himself further, and while Di Huan Bo could tell them, he had been working together with Yang Wu Huang before so it was difficult to extract himself now no matter how much he wanted to. So in the end, the only one who could step forward was Nian Tao.

Even though this martial brother didn’t have a high opinion of Mei Chao Bing either, the same couldn’t be said when it came to Zhi Guan. In fact, there were quite a few people in the younger generation who idolized this first disciple of Baili Chao’s. In any case, his one-track mind of pretty much only caring about cultivation had resulted in him attaining great strength and was something that seemed to be worth looking up to. They always hoped that they could be even just a tenth as determined as him and become just as strong. Thus, while he did not agree with Mei Chao Bing and also felt that what Yang Wu Huang had said just now made a bit of sense, he still wouldn’t dare not to answer Zhi Guan’s questions.

Seeing that Yun Bei Fen wasn’t able to answer, Nian Tao hurriedly stepped forward and cupped his fists. "Senior martial brother Zhi, we split up on the floor above this one. There was a rather similar hall there and senior martial brother Yang told us to split into two groups with one taking a different corridor to explore each.

"Then when our group reached the end of the one we had chosen, he realized that there was something down below and opened up a passage. That was how we came here. We just followed the corridor from that room over here. We should probably be right below the place where we’re supposed to meet up again with the others. They might already be waiting there."

Zhi Guan and Shen Lei exchanged a glance and then nodded. Zhi Guan pushed Yun Bei Fen to Mei Chao Bing after rubbing his head again and then took the lead. "You take care of him. Everyone, we should reunite with the younger disciples. We definitely can’t let them run around aimlessly here." While walking past, he also nodded toward Nian Tao. "You tell me the rest of what happened so far." Somehow, he felt that there was more to the story and he needed to make sure of every last detail so he could report to his Master later on.

Thus, Nian Tao had soon relayed exactly what had happened, including how Yuan Lei had protested several times but Yang Wu Huang hadn’t bothered to listen to him and how Di Huan Bo had even scolded him for making those remarks.

If any of the other disciples had had any doubt before what to think of Yang Wu Huang and his attack on Mei Chao Bing before, they now felt that if they should be worried about somebody being a demonic practitioner, it was clearly this person who had led his group into this kind of situation.

Zhi Guan’s expression was probably the darkest among all of them. This was the group that his little junior was in. To put him in such danger repeatedly and not seeing reason even when it was pointed out, he naturally wasn’t happy with it.

It really made him wonder how his Master could have let this guy take the lead of the group. Was something wrong with his head? By now, it sure felt like that. Well, that was a matter to bring up later.

The disciples rushed back to the corridor that Yang Wu Huang and the other three had just come from, and then went up the staircase, going back to the floor above. They took one glance through the room, and then just left through the door on the other side, hurrying back to the other hall.

When they opened the door, they were still careful just in case but the ones they saw on the other side were indeed the disciples of their Teng Yong Sect and not any demonic practitioners.

The older disciples heaved a sigh of relief when they saw them safe and sound. Even though the situation might not seem like much, Yang Wu Huang had definitely put everyone in needless danger by splitting them up. That was especially concerning after Elder Baili had already told him not to do so under any circumstances. It really made one wonder just what was going on in his head.

Yuan Lei and the other disciples also felt relieved. They had heard steps before that were too many to be those of Yang Wu Huang and the others. Thus, they had been worried that not only might the other half of the group have been attacked and subdued, now they would also have to fight.

When they saw that the people in question were the older disciples of their own sect, they almost knelt down in relief. This whole situation had really been a little too much for them.

5