278 Something Was Wrong
75 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhi Guan gave everyone a bit longer before he finally got up and went to gather a couple of people. Call him biased but one of the most important requirements for him in this regard was that these people were not only strong but also had a vested interest in protecting his little junior.

It wasn’t that he didn’t care about the other disciples but he cared especially much about Yun Bei Fen. Thus, having a person or two in there that would make sure that he was safe and sound was something that he wouldn’t compromise on. Because of that, the first two people who were put in charge were none other than Mei Chao Bing and Shen Lei.

After that, he picked out another two disciples, one in the early nascent soul stage and the other in the late core formation stage, and had them join the group as well. Now, there was somebody there to protect Yun Bei Fen and also people who were strong enough to protect the whole group no matter what happened. With two disciples in the nascent soul stage and two in the core formation stage, there really shouldn’t be much that could go wrong. He still looked at the four in front of him, scrutinizing them.

Shen Lei was rather close to him and Mei Chao Bing didn’t feel much pressure from another disciple in the nascent soul stage, especially one that was his fiance’s senior martial brother, so these two were pretty much unaffected by his continuous gaze. The other disciples were a little unnerved though. Zhi Guan’s level was one thing but everyone knew that he was a little crazy. And everybody knew that you shouldn’t engage crazy people. Thus, there was some slight worry that they might be in a bit of trouble.

After a moment though, Zhi Guan finally nodded. "Take care. Make sure that the juniors aren’t harmed." In the grand scheme of things, a disciple of a higher level would be more valuable to the sect but Zhi Guan had always felt that this wasn’t the right way of thinking. If you were strong, you should protect the weak. Otherwise, what were you getting strong for? He felt that somebody who fought their way out of a predicament but left others behind was something to be looked down on.

Shen Lei nodded and then patted Mei Chao Bing’s back. "We got it. Let’s set off now. It’s already morning so it’s better that we bring them over soon. Your Master’s probably worried already."

Zhi Guan nodded and then turned to the group of small disciples that was waiting at the side. He didn’t bother about the others and just stepped in front of Yun Bei Fen, looking at him quietly for a moment before he reached out and ruffled his hair. "You take care as well. Stick to your senior martial brothers Shen and Mei. Don’t make trouble. And tell Master about everything that happened. Don’t leave anything out."

Yun Bei Fen immediately nodded, feeling that it was a given that he would stick to Mei Chao Bing’s side. As for telling his Master about all the bad deeds that Yang Wu Huang had committed, he would definitely do so as well!

Zhi Guan was satisfied and then motioned for them to leave.

Shen Lei as the one with the highest cultivation base took the front, leading the disciples to the array that would bring them back out of the cave, and then also stayed in the front of the group when they made their way back to the camp. The other disciples flanked the group on one side each with the last one bringing up the rear.

Just as he had promised, Yun Bei Fen stuck to Mei Chao Bing, actually riding with him on his flying sword. By now, the world seemed perfect again. If only it could always be like this. He definitely wanted to spend more time with Mei Chao Bing again. But he was afraid that after they had been brought back to the sect’s camp, Mei Chao Bing and Shen Lei would probably have to leave again. Then, he wouldn’t be able to see him for quite a bit of time again.

Mei Chao Bing noticed his little bunny’s drooping head but wasn’t quite sure what to make of that. He looked for something to say but he didn’t even know where to start. Clearly, this whole experience should have shocked Yun Bei Fen quite a bit. After all, they had ventured much deeper into the demonic practitioners’ territory than they had been told to and most likely, there was still some lingering fear. Holding on to him might be able to help out that also won’t change what had happened.

Mei Chao Bing finally reached out and rubbed his head, pulling him closer. "It’s alright. We’ll be back at the camp soon. You can take a bit of a break and just forget about it. You don’t have to worry."

Yun Bei Fen looked up, happy at having his senior martial brother’s attention but he actually hadn’t felt scared at all so he wasn’t quite sure why Mei Chao Bing was saying this. He had just been annoyed at having to spend time with that Yang Wu Huang of all people.

Mei Chao Bing saw his expression and still wasn’t sure what to make of it. Right now wasn’t the best time to make sure of that though so he only gave him a smile. After a while, he couldn’t help but notice that something else was wrong though. "Fen’er …"

Yun Bei Fen blinked his doe eyes at him, wondering what it might be.

"Where is Xiao Hui?" He hadn’t seen the little spiritual beast with this fiance at all since the time they met in the underground palace. Don’t tell him he had somehow managed to lose him?

Yun Bei Fen’s eyes suddenly went wide and he looked down at his empty arms. Right. Where was Xiao Hui? He … couldn’t remember at all.

4