284 The Little Bunny’s Great Progress
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Mei Chao Bing originally came back to the courtyard, he had found Yun Bei Fen training outside, once again trying to make his attacks work. It still didn’t look too good but with what he had seen so far, he was sure that Yun Bei Fen would be able to get the hang of it after trying a few days longer. Thus, he just smiled and sat to the side, watching him without interfering.

On the other hand, Shen Lei had strolled through the town at first, but only taken a look at the bigger streets and indeed used his spiritual sense to get familiar with the rest of the town. Then, he had already returned and gone to the same courtyard, raising his brows when he saw the scene inside.

Since the little bunny had wanted to show him how far he had gotten, he went to sit down next to Mei Chao Bing and watched as Yun Bei Fen proudly showed off his newfound skills. After a while, he couldn’t help but lean closer to Mei Chao Bing. "This is … the great progress he made?"

Mei Chao Bing just continued to smile indulgently. "Senior martial brother Shen should not forget that before Fen’er went on this mission he did not have any skills at all save for taking in spiritual energy."

Shen Lei raised his brows once again and then realized that, indeed, that had been the case. He probably shouldn’t judge him too harshly. In fact, when looking at it from that perspective, he should probably compare him to those younger disciples. The ones who had just been taken in by their Masters and were now starting on their journey to becoming a cultivator. And compared to them, this was … quite alright. It was probably what they could achieve after a week of training. "Then, is this his only skill?"

Mei Chao Bing shot him a look and then called out to Yun Bei Fen. "Fen’er, show your senior martial brother Shen your other skills as well."

Yun Bei Fen immediately nodded and then started to show off his shield-making skills.

Seeing this, Shen Lei was a bit more impressed. "It doesn’t look bad!" This time, he didn’t even bother to lower his voice. In any case, it could be counted as a compliment.

Turning to Mei Chao Bing, he inquired for some more information. Finding out that the attack was the last thing he had learned, he didn’t think that it was strange anymore that he had trouble doing it. On the contrary, that seemed rather normal.

When Yun Bei Fen pulled out his sword and showed him that he had even learned to fly, Shen Lei finally nodded. "Seems like you really used the time here in the border region. Who knows? When you come back, you might be almost as strong as your senior martial brother Mei, ha!"

He was clearly making a joke but Yun Bei Fen naturally took him seriously. His expression lit up and he jumped to Mei Chao Bing’s side. "Do you think I can do it?"

Mei Chao Bing shot Shen Lei an angry look, feeling that this guy was really too irresponsible. How could he joke around with Yun Bei Fen like this? Thinking about how to put it diplomatically, he rubbed his fluffy head. "Well, I guess it might depend on how long we stay here. We’ve made great progress with our task so I’m not sure if it will be that much longer. It might be a bit difficult to achieve that much in such a short time period."

Yun Bei Fen nodded but he was only a bit disappointed. "Well, it’s a pity. If I was better, then you wouldn’t need to worry as much."

Shen Lei smiled when he saw that and reached over to rub Yun Bei Fen’s head as well. "Even if you get stronger than him, he would still worry about you. That’s the beautiful thing about having a lover. Now, you’d better get back to your training if you want to catch up to him soon."

Yun Bei Fen obediently nodded and then went back to practicing his said excuse of an attack.

Shen Lei sighed, crossed his arms in front of his chest, and leaned against the wall of the building. "The good thing is that really listens as soon as you say the word. I believe that’s the only reason why he has this kind of cultivation level by now. His aptitude clearly isn’t high."

Mei Chao Bing faintly narrowed his eyes. "I’m not sure what it is actually. His aptitude indeed isn’t that high but it also isn’t that low. I think his problem is mostly his comprehension ability."

Shen Lei gave him a look, wondering if Mei Chao Bing had really called his fiance dumb just now.

Mei Chao Bing shook his head though. "Not like that. I mean … he seems to have trouble actually grasping it. I’m not sure why either since he clearly can learn things. And I think he does rather well after a while. In fact, if you distract him, he sometimes gets better at it."

Shen Lei raised his brows at that and then took a closer look at Yun Bei Fen. Indeed, when there was something to distract him, the attacks actually seemed to get a bit better. "Huh, that’s quite curious."

Mei Chao Bing nodded. "It is, I’ve noticed it a while ago. I’m not sure what to make of it yet though. I should probably bring it up with Elder Baili when there’s an opportunity. This might be something to look into."

Shen Lei nodded and continued to watch Yun Bei Fen with him.

Finally, when Elder Baili came, this was precisely the scene that he had seen. It was just that he had once again missed out on what the two of them were saying, thus, still making him not realize that there was something up with his little disciple.

4