300 Still Alive
92 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qu Yijun was hit as well but just furrowed his brows slightly before he shook his head. "No matter what, I can still go back to the sect and have myself be healed. Even if you hit me, what does that matter?" He shook his head, feeling that this was really idiotic, and then turned away, waiting for the other disciples to follow him. "Let’s see if they managed to catch him."

"Yes, senior martial brother Qu!" The disciples excitedly followed him and then made their way over to a spot a couple of li toward the east. A group of demonic practitioners was standing there, circling around a person on the ground that looked quite beat.

Qu Yijun landed and walked over, the disciples parting for him. Looking at the person on the ground, Qu Yijun gave a faint smile. "Daoist Yang, what a surprise to see you here."

Yang Wu Huang stared at him, not bothering to say anything. To think that he was caught by them, he felt like there had to be something more to this. This kind of big ambush, it couldn’t be done just like this. No, they needed to have had information on them. And he felt like he knew exactly just whose fault that was. "Did Mei Chao Bing tell you we would be going back to the sect?"

Qu Yijun chuckled. "I see that the two of us will be having a really nice chat." He continued to stand in front of him, a faint smile on his lips. "We indeed had news that you would be coming that way. And we actually had a reason to let you live. I’m afraid that among that group of disciples, you’re the only one who made it out of this alive. Count yourself lucky for still being useful!"

The disciples around chuckled while Yang Wu Huang’s gaze darted around. He didn’t know what had happened to the others but he could imagine that it really wasn’t looking good for them.

In any case, Shen Lei definitely had to be dead if this Qu Yijun could stroll over like this. While he looked as if he had been hit by a few attacks, it wasn’t even close to being life-threatening. There had been so many people around and Shen Lei had been in the thick of it so he couldn’t believe that he would be able to get through this. Thus, he was most likely indeed the only person that had survived.

Having realized this, Yang Wu Huang didn’t say anything and just continued to look at Qu Yijun. He also knew that he wouldn’t get out of here. The two disciples next to him were pressing a blade to his neck and even without them, he knew that there was a row of them stationed not too far behind him and in front of him was now Qu Yijun who was already at the nascent soul-stage. A core formation-stage disciple like him wouldn’t be able to take on this person. Thus, he could only wait and see what would happen.

Qu Yijun didn’t seem to be in a hurry though. "How is my most beloved junior martial brother doing right now? I’d think that things must be a little rough for him in the Teng Yong Sect."

Yang Wu Huang stared at him, not quite sure what he was going on about it. That 'most beloved junior martial brother' was definitely Mei Chao Bing. But … "Shouldn’t you know how he is doing? I’m sure that you have regular contact."

Qu Yijun gave a hum and then folded his hands behind his back. "Well, I guess it isn’t that bad. From what I know, he even has a little fiance now."

Yang Wu Huang just felt like this was showing that what he had always thought was indeed right: Mei Chao Bing was really behind all of this. Thinking that he might actually die because of that guy … it was hard to take. He had always guarded against him and tried to warn others but nobody had wanted to believe him. Now, they had gotten into such a situation and several disciples were likely dead. He didn’t even know if he himself would be able to get out of this.

Qu Yijun gave him time to think things through before he crouched down in front of him, his smile getting even more pronounced. "You must be cursing him inside that head of yours right now. Well, what if I told you that there was a chance to get back at him? Wouldn’t that make you very happy?"

Yang Wu Huang furrowed his brows. He would’ve given a lot to have such an opportunity but he knew not to trust a demonic practitioner. Thus, he kept silent.

Qu Yijun merely chuckled. "Well, that would’ve been a little too easy. I guess we will have to convince you a little more then. Sooner or later, you will certainly agree to my request. In any case, I’m not expecting much." Saying this, he got up again and waved at the other disciples.

Before Yang Wu Huang knew what was going on, he had already been bundled up and was picked up by two of the demonic practitioners and then carried off. The group made their way over to what he could only assume to be the headquarters of the demonic faction that Kui Min had been taken to before. He was thrown into a cell, and then the demonic practitioners just left, completely ignoring him.

Yang Wu Huang stared into the corridor outside, not quite sure what to make of this. Everything that happened after he was caught … it didn’t seem to make sense. But at the very least, he was still alive.

Now, he just needed to keep a calm mind and maybe he would indeed be able to make it out of this. If that would make trouble for Mei Chao Bing, he would gladly accept that. But the most crucial was to get out of this with his life intact.

5