302 Just a Suggestion
69 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baili Chao wasn’t quite sure what Mei Chao Bing might be thinking of but he figured that so far, his suggestions had always been good. In any case, compared to most of the other disciples, he had an overabundance of experience when it came to doing missions. So it could be said that his perspective was rather valuable there. "How about going and talking about that together with Elder Xing?"

Mei Chao Bing glanced at Yun Bei Fen and then nodded. In any case, his little bunny was still busy practicing and probably wouldn’t even notice if they left for a bit. He glanced at Da Hei who was lying to the side lazily and gave him a look, telling him that he should bring Yun Bei Fen over if he was really distressed.

The midnight wolf rolled his eyes at him, not giving any indication whether he would do it. Mei Chao Bing shook his head at him and then followed the Elder outside.

Elder Xing raised his brows when Elder Baili suddenly returned and even brought Mei Chao Bing with him. "Did something else happen?"

Baili Chao shook his head and sat down, motioning for Mei Chao Bing to do the same. "Mei Chao Bing said he had some idea regarding the younger disciples. I figured that it would go faster if the three of us talk about that together instead of me relaying it to you after the fact."

Elder Xing raised his brows and leaned back before motioning to Mei Chao Bing to start. He was quite interested to hear what he had thought of.

Mei Chao Bing sat down and took a moment to gather his thoughts. "From what I understand, the Elders mostly worry that the younger disciples won’t be safe here. Since the danger seems to be getting bigger with everything we detect, you don’t want to send them out any longer. But at the same time, you probably want them to gain experience. But satisfying both seems impossible to do. So the idea for now would be to send them back to the sect because gaining experience is something that can still be done in other ways while their current safety is more important."

The two Elders nodded, feeling that this succinctly summoned up their current predicament.

Mei Chao Bing nodded, glad that he had understood it right. "Well, while the most valuable experience on this kind of mission is certainly gained by going out, investigating, and being directly involved in whatever happens, there are more things that can be learned on a mission. And especially the younger disciples might profit from finding a way to provide help to others without needing to be in danger themselves.

"Currently, the older disciples are out gathering information and sending it back here regularly. That information needs to be reviewed. Currently, the others are doing all of that by themselves but that costs time. Maybe the younger disciples could help. At the very least, they could presort the information they have been given. I believe that this is a task that quite a few of them would be up to and it would save time for the older disciples that could be spent on the actual mission instead.

"Other than that, with things getting more dangerous, we will need more resources. We have some disciples that are refiners. And we certainly have some that are able to find medicinal plants as well. And those plants are usually not in the border region itself but on the other side where things aren’t as dangerous.

"I think it should be possible to send out a team of younger disciples with the specific skill set and maybe one or two slightly older disciples like Nian Tao for example to look for resources in the east. Then the other disciples could refine those back at the camp so that we can provide the older disciples with what they need faster.

"I think the biggest benefit would once again be saving time. After all, sending somebody to the sect — even if it is an older disciple — still takes some time. Especially since usually, these things need to be exchanged. Also, there is always a certain danger involved in sending somebody back. If the demonic practitioners ever try to make trouble on that route and ambush those disciples on the way back, that would leave us stranded."

The Elders nodded, neither of the three even faintly guessing that this scenario could have already come true. They just felt that this was something that they should guard against for the future. As for Mei Chao Bing’s current suggestion … they felt that it wasn’t too bad.

"It could probably be done that way. As long as we have some disciples with a higher level here, they would be safe and could still do something for the mission."

Elder Baili nodded. "Indeed. The two of us are still here as well. So it isn’t like they are without protection. And being able to do something is still better than having to go back completely. They will probably be happy about it."

Mei Chao Bing nodded, feeling that at least when it came to Yun Bei Fen and the other young disciples that he knew slightly better like Yi Ju and Kui Min, they would definitely think like that. He couldn’t speak for the others but if they were anything like those three, then it would be the same for them. "In any case, it is just a suggestion that I came up with. I’m not sure if it would be suitable for the number of disciples that we have. But I am sure that the Elders will be able to figure out those details much better than I ever could."

Elder Xing gave him a faint smile. "It was a good suggestion. Don’t you doubt that. In any case, I’m sure that we can do something with this. As for you … I guess you won’t have much of an interest in staying here, will you? You’d rather go out, right?"

Mei Chao Bing’s brows furrowed and he felt a little torn. "I wouldn’t necessarily mind staying. In any case, spending time with Yun Bei Fen is something that I’m quite happy about and I want to keep him safe. On the other hand, I think that I am more valuable out there.

"My level is high enough and I think I have quite a bit of experience, comparable even with the disciples of the generation above me like senior martial brother Shen or senior martial brother Zhi. I wouldn’t be making trouble for them if I was there and instead, I might be able to provide some more information just based on the connection I had with my Master. So I would prefer that, yes."

Elder Xing nodded. "Don’t worry about it. I do feel the same way. And I feel like in this case, it wouldn’t hurt to take your perspective into consideration. The situation right now is quite unique. There will be problems for you that others won’t need to face much beyond just having the right level or experience."

4