328 Nothing Too Dangerous
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing kept quiet for a moment but there was determination in his eyes. "Elder Baili, I know that as a disciple, I shouldn’t contradict you. Since you said this, I’d have to accept it. But I’m afraid I can’t.

"At least two of our disciples died just today. Not to mention the ones we already lost before. And I don’t think that you really believe that the other side won’t try to do another ambush like this after the first one already succeeded.

"We will lose more people in the future. At this point in time, can we really consider anything too dangerous? In any case, I’m not worried about it! I’m willing to do it, no matter the risk!"

Baili Chao looked at him, not sure what to do. It wasn’t that he didn’t understand, he just didn’t think it was a good idea. He rubbed his forehead and then shook his head. "I’ll think about it. But you have to promise that you won’t go and do anything on your own for now."

"There isn’t much time."

"If you haven’t gone over there yet, then there is at least time until tomorrow morning or until this evening. This kind of thing, it also needs to be prepared. Don’t rush into anything on your own."

Elder Xing glanced at him but didn’t say anything.

Elder Baili also didn’t feel like saying anything more so he just waved. "Alright, we know what happened now. The two of you have been working hard. You should first go and rest a bit. If you can’t, you can help the younger disciples. They are probably all afraid after what happened. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are completely headless right now. It would be best if there was somebody having an eye on that."

The two disciples nodded and then left, closing the door to the study behind them.

Mei Chao Bing looked at Zhi Guan, wondering if he should say anything.

Zhi Guan looked at him as well, and seeing as he wasn’t really that good with words, he just reached out and patted his shoulder before he left. As for him, he didn’t intend to go and rest. Especially in times of danger, a man should not put down his weapon. Instead, it needed to be taken care of well and be used to guard those weaker than you.

Thus, Zhi Guan immediately went and searched for his little junior. In any case, Shen Lei was with Luo Lin and the two Elders were close by so he didn’t need to worry about him. But as for the little bunny, there was always reason to worry.

Mei Chao Bing stood there for a while, not sure what to do.

To be honest, he might’ve been tried to actually leave and go to the demonic faction to give his plan a shit but not only had he left the jade slip with Elder Baili, the Elder had directly told him not to do anything stupid. And even though he was worried that Elder Baili might decide against his plan, he also realized that he was right in that more preparation was needed.

Yes, he couldn’t just do whatever he wanted. If he did this, he needed to make sure that he would be able to get messages to the Teng Yong Sect or at least somebody else they could trust. And that would be quite difficult in the current circumstances where the other side always seemed to know more than them. So this was something that really needed to be planned.

Seeing as there wasn’t anything else to do, Mei Chao Bing also went to look for Yun Bei Fen. It wasn’t difficult for him. As long as Yun Bei Fen had Xiao Hui with him, he would now be able to find them with not much more than a thought. It really was quite nice when he thought about it now.

At the same time, he also couldn’t help but think of Shen Lei. It had been his idea to let him use the spell on Xiao Hui’s collar. That had only been a day ago. And now, he had almost died, then miraculously been saved, but was now lying unconsciously in his room with some broken bones.

It really had been an eventful day. And as he had said to Elder Baili just now the upcoming ones wouldn’t be any better. No, no matter what they did, the other side wouldn’t stop.

From now on, it would be one thing after the other. It would really be best if they started to make some counter-plans now. If they didn’t, they would lose disciple after disciple. There definitely was no way to prevent that if they didn’t become active. But, well, he couldn’t do anything for the moment.

Instead of that, he used his spiritual sense, then got a deep sound from somewhere to the left. He smiled and then walked over, soon seeing Yun Bei Fen sitting between some other disciples, Xiao Hui squished in his arms while he was staring at some dirt on the ground.

Mei Chao Bing tilted his head and then went over, leaning down next to him. "What might be the matter with this place?"

Yun Bei Fen looked up and his eyes widened with joy. He jumped up, letting go of his spiritual beast while he hugged his senior martial brother’s waist. "Mei Chao Bing, you’re back!"

Mei Chao Bing hugged him as well, giving the spiritual beast on the ground an apologetic look. "I’m back. No need to worry. Your third senior martial brother and senior martial brother Shen are alright as well. You can go and see them later on."

Yun Bei Fen nodded wildly but didn’t let go. He had been really worried when Mei Chao Bing had left before but he hadn’t said anything because this was about his senior martial brothers after all so he understood that it was important.

He didn’t want to lose them any more than he wanted to lose Mei Chao Bing. So he was happy that Mei Chao Bing had managed to save them. Not that he had expected anything else of him. When it came to Mei Chao Bing, he was still convinced that he could do anything.

3