332 Just This?
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It was brought to my attention recently that somebody plagiarised “Like a Ray in My Night” and sold copies over on Amazon. So I felt the need to clarify that if you have ever paid to read RMN anywhere but on my Patreon account, you’ve got scammed. While I do publish my books on Amazon, I only do so after they have been revised which RMN isn’t yet (although I’m now working on it in the hope that this will keep people from trying again in the future). If you see one of my titles over on Amazon, please always make sure it’s linked to my official Amazon author page. Otherwise, it wasn’t uploaded by me. The person in question also plagiarised other BL authors so it can never hurt to check for others too. If you do notice a book you think might have gotten plagiarised, please always inform the original author so they can check and take the appropriate steps!

While the two lovers snuggled up, focusing on spending time together now that Shen Lei was finally safe, the other couple was also spending time with each other, even though it was less romantic.

Because of the ambush, the other disciples had stayed in the town and were trying to help out there. One of the main parts of that was taking care of the spirit herb garden that they had started, making sure that the little plants inside wouldn’t wither now that they had been relocated.

Yun Bei Fen was trying his best under the guidance of one of the slightly older disciples who knew more about this matter but he still had some trouble. Finding spiritual plants had still been easy because he had Xiao Hui. He just needed to put the spiritual beast down and have him look for plants to do his task. But when it came to this, the spiritual beast wasn’t any help at all.

Yun Bei Fen looked up at Mei Chao Bing, clearly aggrieved.

Unfortunately, Mei Chao Bing couldn’t really help him much either. Planting spiritual plants was different from cultivation and Elder Feng certainly hadn’t had him learn anything about it. To him, this was probably a waste of time. "Well, just follow what your senior martial brother said. You can’t go wrong with that."

For once, Yun Bei Fen actually felt like Mei Chao Bing hadn’t really helped him at all but he still turned back to the front, trying to follow the steps that that senior martial brother had demonstrated. It turned out a bit ugly. Most likely, it should work though.

Mei Chao Bing just smiled and continued watching, feeling that despite everything, it was nice to see that the other disciples were able to focus on another task. He had worried how they would take what had happened.

Even though the Elders had made sure that they wouldn’t get to see the bodies of Yu Min and Di Huan Bo, they had seen the signal flare go up and had witnessed how worried the Elders were. That was bound to leave some fear in them. But at the very least, Yun Bei Fen seemed to be doing alright. Even though he had some trouble with his current task.

Mei Chao Bing looked up to see Zhi Guan standing on the other side of the field, holding his sword as usual. His expression might be a little grimmer than on a usual day though. He and Shen Lei had been close for a long time so this was really something that should affect him a lot. After Luo Lin, he was probably the person who was the most troubled by this whole matter.

Mei Chao Bing retracted his gaze and then rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s head, motioning to the other side of the field. "I’ll go and make a round. I’ll be back in a bit."

Yun Bei Fen looked up, feeling betrayed that Mei Chao Bing wouldn’t even stand next to him but he also realized that his lover had other tasks to attend to. He knew he couldn’t hog him all to himself even though he really, really wanted to. Thus, he still nodded in the end.

Mei Chao Bing smiled and got up, slowly walking around the field.

Right now, he himself also had some trouble keeping his thoughts on track. He just couldn’t help but think of the jade slip and how maybe if he really went to the Wu Yun Sect and pretended to have changed sides, they would be able to find out something. But he also still heard Elder Baili’s voice in his mind that was telling him that it wouldn’t work out.

He had to admit that everything the Elder had said was true as well. He just didn’t want to think about that right now. No, he wanted to do something. He wanted to … somehow help, to solve this whole issue and make sure that nothing could happen to any of the other disciples. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

He arrived on the other side of the field and stopped next to Zhi Guan. "Senior martial brother Zhi, I couldn’t ask you before but might I know your thoughts on my suggestion before?" Talking with the Elders about something like this was difficult but when it came to another disciple, he didn’t have as many problems. Especially when the person in question was Yun Bei Fen’s first senior martial brother.

Zhi Guan faintly furrowed his brows. Just like Mei Chao Bing had thought, with how close he was to Shen Lei, he naturally had some feelings on this whole matter. When it came to the question of how to solve this … "I would very much prefer to just take a weapon, storm in, and solve things that way. But I guess it isn’t going to work.

"We don’t even know what is inside. If somebody could sneak in and get that information, it would be good. But as you figured out, they know exactly what we are doing. We don’t know how yet but they do. So there is no way to sneak around.

"Pretending to be one of their disciples might work. But we also don’t know if they did anything to the jade slips or if there is some other way of telling what somebody is up to. If you want to do this, we need to figure these things out first."

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows, a little surprised at that. "You mean to say that I should do this but we need to figure out first what this jade slip might be about? Just this?"

Zhi Guan glanced at him and then raised his brows. "You wanted to do more? Time’s pressing right now. Figuring out this alone might be difficult enough. I really wonder how they know so much. It seems … uncanny. Definitely not something normal. But then, they’re demonic practitioners. Who knows what kind of strange method they have to find out things from our side? Maybe we don’t even want to know."

3