342 I Wouldn’t Want That Even for Him
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Bei Fen turned around with wide eyes and then rushed over, throwing himself into Mei Chao Bing’s arms. Asking to give him a hug? There was nothing he would rather do than this!

He cuddled up to him, and then looked up with a bright smile. "You’re finally back! I thought I wasn’t going to see you again for a long time. You’re always running around lately."

Mei Chao Bing smiled as well and leaned down, giving him a kiss. "I’m sorry. Things are kind of hectic right now and I’m afraid they won’t get better anytime soon. But I promise that if all of this is over and we make it back to the Teng Yong Sect in one piece, then I’ll spend every day with you, the whole day."

Yun Bei Fen didn’t hear how he was putting a condition on this and instead smiled brightly, reaching up to cup his cheeks and kiss him back. "You could move in with me!"

Mei Chao Bing stared at him in a daze, not sure how to react at first. This … well, it didn’t seem wrong considering that they had kind of gotten engaged but he hadn’t expected that. "You know, you say the sweetest things sometimes. If you still think like that when we get back, I’d love to do that."

Anyway, the house where he was currently living was still the place where he had been put by his Master. It wasn’t a bad place considering that Elder Feng’s status had been high but it carried a lot of memories that weren’t all that perfect.

Even though he had looked up to his Master originally and had learned a lot there, even making some good memories at the place, it couldn’t be said to be something he considered home. No, he’d much rather move in with Yun Bei Fen and make that place theirs.

Also, he clearly got along quite well with Yun Bei Fen’s senior martial brothers. He didn’t know about the second one yet but this was something that he figured would hold true for him as well. In the worst case, he’d have to use some patience and slowly win him over. Since Elder Baili and the other two senior martial brothers had reacted very positively, he wasn’t worried about that.

"I’ll definitely still want to! Why wouldn’t I?" Yun Bei Fen beamed and then snuggled up to his chest again, imagining that time. He knew that right now, they were on a mission. Actually, he wasn’t all that happy about it.

From the day he had joined the Teng Yong Sect, his focus had always been on Mei Chao Bing and how he could become a good cultivator so that they could spend the rest of their lives together. Now, he had almost reached that goal but there was always this mission in the way. It was a bit frustrating. But anyway, he knew that this was important.

Yun Bei Fen finally looked up again and decided that he should probably focus on the matters at hand first before he planned their future. "What’s with senior martial brother Shen? Is he alright?"

Mei Chao Bing sighed at that. "Right now, he is. It was a close call though. I guess that he will still need some time to get completely back on his feet but he is already doing much better and he will survive this. You don’t need to worry about that."

Yun Bei Fen nodded and then couldn’t help but think about the group that Shen Lei had left with. "It’s a pity about senior martial brother Yu. He was really nice. They should have aimed at senior martial brother Yang instead."

Mei Chao Bing’s brows shot up. He wasn’t sure how to deal with this situation. To be honest, when it came to the people that had been embroiled in that attack, he had to admit that Yang Wu Huang was the one he would have missed the least. But then, he also wouldn’t have wished for him to be in that situation. And while he could understand where the thought was coming from in regard to Yun Bei Fen, he wasn’t sure if this was one that should be entertained.

He gently held him and thought for a moment before he finally decided to speak up after all. "You know, I realize that you don’t like Yang Wu Huang too much. I don’t do either. But what happened up in the north … it was bad. A bad situation for everyone involved. And I think that’s neither of them deserved what happened to them. We actually still don’t know what has happened to Yang Wu Huang but actually, I would prefer if he was alive. He is a disciple of our Teng Yong Sect after all."

Yun Bei Fen looked at him, not quite sure if he agreed with Mei Chao Bing this time. Usually, he always felt that he was right but this time, he had some trouble seeing it. "But he treated you really badly. And he’s been bothering me the whole time as well. Also, didn’t first senior martial brother say before he put us in danger? I really don’t get why you are now saying it would be better if he made it through."

Mei Chao Bing smiled faintly. "I won’t pretend that I like him. It is just that I think that nobody deserves to die like that. Not even Yang Wu Huang. However, he does deserve to be brought back to the Teng Yong Sect and be put on trial.

"That is what should happen. Everything else, I think that would be going too far. The sect has ways to deal with people who make trouble and I think it would be best if they got the chance to do that.

"There’s still a chance that he will become a better person in the future even though I doubt that right now. But who knows? This kind of situation … for some people, going through that will change their perspective on things. Maybe he will turn his life around after he survived this. I guess we’ll have to see."

Yun Bei Fen nodded even though he wasn’t completely convinced yet. Still, what Mei Chao Bing was saying sounded quite logical so he wouldn’t argue. Anyway, the most important thing was that senior martial brother Shen had survived so his third senior martial brother wouldn’t need to be sad.

As for the others, while that was sad as well, they weren’t as close so he could deal with that. And that Yang Wu Huang … Hoping that he would stay away for a while longer shouldn’t be a problem, right?

2